Propecia/Rogaine and TRT

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Propecia/Rogaine and TRT

I know that elevated DHT while on TRT can cause hair loss and that the most effective way to prevent DHT conversion is to use Propecia. I have also read that Propecia can have some pretty bad side effects when used long term. My question is this: Has anyone had success using a topical like Rogaine while on TRT, even though DHT levels might be elevated?

Also, any input from long time Propecia users would be appreciated.

2. Registered User

Propsecia I would stay away from it as if it was the plaque. I have several clients and Dr's patients I am now handle cases with major issues related to this drug.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  0 lbs.

I tried getting off finasteride (Propecia) for 3 mths. I was using Rogaine, Nizoral, Toco-8 instead. At about the 3 mth mark...I started noticing more and more hairs on the sink even after washing my hair. I am so vain I am taking the risk and going back on finasteride 1mg every other day. Yes, I know but I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones who has little side effects cuz let me tell you... a bad hair line on this round face aint good

I am a bit confused about Rogaine. It says it is only effective for the center/rear bald spot area but it seems people on here refer to it as a buffer for frontal loss as well. Anyone know about this?
    My profile name is wrong. I do not recommend trying TESTIM. It is a smelly sticky mess. I was a newby when I tried it. Go Androgel and compounded!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Will Rogaine work even if DHT levels are high?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1980 View Post
    I know that elevated DHT while on TRT can cause hair loss and that the most effective way to prevent DHT conversion is to use Propecia. I have also read that Propecia can have some pretty bad side effects when used long term. My question is this: Has anyone had success using a topical like Rogaine while on TRT, even though DHT levels might be elevated?

Also, any input from long time Propecia users would be appreciated.
    Look into using a topical combining Minoxidil with Azelaic acid (a DHT blocker).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rogaine
    By iron13th in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 02:41 AM
  2. Rogaine for temporal and hairline thinning.
    By indianballer in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 06:17 AM
  3. propecia and AI
    By Buffgammaman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 02:01 AM
  4. Rogaine works on the front of the scalp, too.
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 11:00 PM