New bloodwork needed what should i have tested?

Ampz

Awards
Hi All,
History 37 male 6'1" 296 Lbs. sluggish energy somewhat low sex drive.

Preliminary test when I was put on HRT was Testosterone 237 ng/dL out of a range of 240-850 was prescribed 50mg Andro 1x a day , 30 days later raised I was at 274 and I had low Vit.D levels. ( sorry no other results were given and I wasn't aware of other tests at the time, which led me here).

My energy and libido jumped up for a few months and then tapered off to previous levels, However I have noticed in the last few months that my hair is thinning and I am breaking out/itchy areas on my head.

Which makes me wonder if my DHT levels are too high, hence I have been reading here about Test/Cyp. injections instead of the gel.
What tests should I ask for from my doctor when i get blood work here soon?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any advice/help,
Ampz

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
androgel is now being replaced by testim by many insurance due to the fact its costing to much per volume vs others.
ft4
ft3
rt3
tpo
tgab
tsh
cortisol saliva - lab corp now has them and very accurate to other labs
ferritin
vitamin D
shbg
e2 senstive
TT
bio T
food allergy panel
cbc
cmp
ha1c
progesterone
prolactin
dht
crp sentive
vap
b-12/folate serum

this just to start

Ampz

Awards
Thank you Matrix , Now I have something to discuss with my Doctor at my appointment next week.
Ampz

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Your welcome,
I also consult with medical Dr's, DO, ND's to help educate them on the lastest information in HRT as well as Functional Medicine to help best guide their patients to get optimal results using science and researched based methodolgy. The medical professional has to be open minded.

confused123

Awards
androgel is now being replaced by testim by many insurance due to the fact its costing to much per volume vs others.
ft4
ft3
rt3
tpo
tgab
tsh
cortisol saliva - lab corp now has them and very accurate to other labs
ferritin
vitamin D
shbg
e2 senstive
TT
bio T
food allergy panel
cbc
cmp
ha1c
progesterone
prolactin
dht
crp sentive
vap
b-12/folate serum

this just to start
just lurking and need blood work also..would this be considered full hormone blood work and sensitive E test.....or should I just print this out and show dr?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
just lurking and need blood work also..would this be considered full hormone blood work and sensitive E test.....or should I just print this out and show dr?
Depends on the case you are dealing with which dictates proper lab work.