HCG questions: IM vs subQ, dosage

jdub1980

Awards
I've been on 100mg/week TRT for 6 weeks now and my doc just prescribed HCG. He wants me on 50mg twice per week intramuscular. I was under the impression that HCG should be injected subQ. I asked the compounding pharmacist about this, and he said that this particular doctor used to prescribe HCG subQ but has lately started prescribing HCG IM.

I asked the doc if I would be on HCG for as long as I was on TRT, and he said that we would look at cycling it after a couple of months based on blood work.

Also, the pharmacist said that he would have to dilute the powder (concentrated powder was at 10,000iu) in hydrostatic water a couple of times to end up with a concentration of 250mg/ml in a 10ml vial. Thats 2500mg total which is enough for 25 weeks at 50mg twice per week. (.2ml=50mg) He said that the mixture would be good for 6 months and that I might have to throw away some of the mixture before expiration. I don't want to waste any of this stuff.

My main questions are:
Should I inject subQ or IM?
What kind of cycles do you guys use for HCG?
Can I increase the dosage and if so, what dosage should I use?
Are there any pharmacy chains like Walgreens/RiteAid that carry HCG?
Can anyone help with the conversion of mg/ml to iu?

trytestim

Awards
My understanding is that it dont matter....Sub-Q or IM...I usually do Sub-Q.

What I do:
When first started HCG, I was into TRT about 6 months so my nuts had shriveled and my sex drive was gone. So, to kick it off, I did two 2500 IU shots 2 days apart. Then I started the (maintenance dose) 250 IU protocol- 2 times per week after that. You may not need to start with the large dose if you still have your nuts and sex drive. I would think starting with the maintenance dose will be good for you.

For the weekly maintenance dose:
Take the first shot 2 days before your Test injection, then take the 2nd shot 1 day before the Test injection. On the third day take the Test shot. There is some science behind this but I wont get into that. Go to AllThingsMale to find this HCG protocol.

Mixing: Of course you should have small insulin needles... usually 50 IU in capacity. You will also need an empty 10cc bottle. This can be an old Test bottle or similar.

Get at least 4 cc of BA (Bacteriostatic) water (the 1cc amp or bottle of water that comes with HCG is not enough)...u can get it online at any site that sells insulin pins and usually comes in 10cc bottle.

First draw up 50 IU of BA water and squirt into the HCG powder bottle. Then draw up the mixed solution and put it into an empty 10cc bottle.

Next, squirt 3 1/2 cc of BA water into the mixed HCG solution. Swirl it to mix. This will give you 250 IU of HCG per 10 IU of solution. So basically to shoot the dose, using the insulin needle, draw up the solution to the "10" mark. Then inject.

By the way, 50 IU insulin needle is equal to 1/2 cc in a larger needle.

This will last you 20 weeks if you use the weekly HCG protocol I mentioned.

jdub1980

Awards
I am getting the HCG from a compounding pharmacist. He said that he will do a couple dilutions with bacteriostatic water to end up with a 10ml solution of 250mg/ml. Not really sure what that equates to in IUs. Is 250iu the typical protocol for HCG dosage with TRT? My doc wrote prescription for 50mg twice weekly, not in IUs. Pharmacist said that .2ml of this solution would equal 50mg.

trytestim

Awards
excellent.... 250 IU twice a week

Day 1: 250 IU HCG
Day 2: 250 IU HCG
Day 3: Testosterone shot

trytestim

Awards
The pharmacist will tell you exactly what equates 250 IU so no worries

jdub1980

Awards
Just got back from compounding pharmacy. The HCG mixture is at 250iu/ml. Doc wants me taking 50iu twice per week. Does this seem like a really low dose? I am going to up this to 75iu every 3 days. I plan on injecting HCG the day before test injections (50mg every 3 days). Any opinions?

trytestim

Awards
250 IU twice per week is proven very effective in conjunction w/ test injections or topical. It sounds like ole doc is pulling the 50 IU number out of his rectum. Of course, everyone is diff. Maybe it will work for you.

titanelmo

titanelmo

Awards
250 IU twice per week is proven very effective in conjunction w/ test injections or topical. It sounds like ole doc is pulling the 50 IU number out of his rectum. Of course, everyone is diff. Maybe it will work for you.
I'm gonna bump my up thanks

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I have read no legitimate sources that indicate 50 IU's is a mainstream protocol. Everything I have read indicated 250 X2w or 500 X2w. I use 500 IU's twice per week and have had excellent results while on TRT, with labs to prove it. Also, everything I have read indicates the life of HCG (mixed) is approximately 30 days. I receive mine every thirty days from the compounding pharmacy. They will not mix more than a 30 day supply.

:)