31yr old, needs testosterone advice?

wilson98us

Awards
First off hello everyone this is my first time posting on this forum, I've been a longtime lurker and finally decided to join up.
I was in the military for 7yrs and was an explosive's expert, so I was subjected to effects of repeated blasts. As a result of this, the VA is telling me that my Pituitary Gland has become damaged and isn't producing the proper amount of Testosterone for my body. My first initial test showed my numbers were around the 100's. Now after several months of changing my dosage and amount of shots, the docs finally have everything under control and my numbers are better than average, last count was 1078. That is with two 100mg shots a week. So I have a couple questions that I need answered now that I'm getting back to my old self and have energy again.

1. I've been giving myself the shots in the hip muscle and trying to alternate between left and right. The other day I tried my thigh muscle and got an almost instant rush come over me, my heart rate elevated and I started sweating. Did I maybe hit the wrong spot in the thigh, or is that really how the feeling of the test getting absorbed into the body is suppose to feel like (my doc has no idea, I'm her first patient under 50 on it, and the endo doc apparently doesn't like returning phone calls,,, that's the govt for ya). I've heard the thigh muscle is good for the shot, because it's easier to see and hit? Again did I just hit the wrong spot? Should I alternate hip and legs?

2. Now that I have my energy level back, I'm wanting to get rid of this extra weight that I've packed on as a result of the damage done. I normally take my shots on Monday and Thursday. Since I'm going to be starting back to working out (weights, kickboxing, cardio etc), when is a good time to take the shot, right before the workout and a set time before or after?

3. Lastly how will other supplements affect me with the test, should I even worry about whey protein or creatine? By the way I'm wanting to trim the fat off and start scupting, not huge but finely cut. Should I be taking anything on top of the depo test for getting me where I need to be again, or let the test do the work?

Thanks in advance to everyone for the help and opinions, and sorry the post is a little long. But I've been waiting for quite sometime to get back to normal and I'm ready for the old me back.

JohninAZ

Awards
First off hello everyone this is my first time posting on this forum, I've been a longtime lurker and finally decided to join up.
I was in the military for 7yrs and was an explosive's expert, so I was subjected to effects of repeated blasts. As a result of this, the VA is telling me that my Pituitary Gland has become damaged and isn't producing the proper amount of Testosterone for my body. My first initial test showed my numbers were around the 100's. Now after several months of changing my dosage and amount of shots, the docs finally have everything under control and my numbers are better than average, last count was 1078. That is with two 100mg shots a week. So I have a couple questions that I need answered now that I'm getting back to my old self and have energy again.

1. I've been giving myself the shots in the hip muscle and trying to alternate between left and right. The other day I tried my thigh muscle and got an almost instant rush come over me, my heart rate elevated and I started sweating. Did I maybe hit the wrong spot in the thigh, or is that really how the feeling of the test getting absorbed into the body is suppose to feel like (my doc has no idea, I'm her first patient under 50 on it, and the endo doc apparently doesn't like returning phone calls,,, that's the govt for ya). I've heard the thigh muscle is good for the shot, because it's easier to see and hit? Again did I just hit the wrong spot? Should I alternate hip and legs?

[COLOR*********]I'm on TRT at 100MG twice per week as well. I only do quad (thigh) shots. Had slightly elevated heart rate the first few times, but you get used to it. Alternate as many spots as you feel comfortable with (quads, glutes, delts). Remember, TRT is for life and a lot of guys (me included) use the smallest gauge needle possible in order to minimize tissue damage. I use a 27G 1.25 inch needle.
Try not to do your injections too late in the day or you may have trouble sleeping.
[/COLOR]

2. Now that I have my energy level back, I'm wanting to get rid of this extra weight that I've packed on as a result of the damage done. I normally take my shots on Monday and Thursday. Since I'm going to be starting back to working out (weights, kickboxing, cardio etc), when is a good time to take the shot, right before the workout and a set time before or after?

Doesn't really matter. These are long acting esters and you don't get anything extra by doing the shot before (some guys feel that before gives them a little boost, I'm "balls to the wall" no matter what.) or after. Monday and Thursday is fine. I do mine Sunday and Wednesday.

3. Lastly how will other supplements affect me with the test, should I even worry about whey protein or creatine? By the way I'm wanting to trim the fat off and start scupting, not huge but finely cut. Should I be taking anything on top of the depo test for getting me where I need to be again, or let the test do the work?

You still need supplements. There are no magic bullets,but the test will help out. I take a good multi-vitamin (DX7, you can google it), 1000MG Vitamin C, 4 Fish Oils, and a Protein shake immediately after workout (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey). Also, at least one protein bar per day. Keep your protein intake up.Lean chicken breast,turkey, fish, egg whites and beef. Low simple carbs like bread, pasta etc...high complex carbs like vegetables.
You may want to try other supplements as needed, but these work for me. I've cut a lot of weight and leaned out over the past year.

Thanks in advance to everyone for the help and opinions, and sorry the post is a little long. But I've been waiting for quite sometime to get back to normal and I'm ready for the old me back.
Congrats, and thank you for your service!

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
1. I've been giving myself the shots in the hip muscle and trying to alternate between left and right. The other day I tried my thigh muscle and got an almost instant rush come over me, my heart rate elevated and I started sweating. Did I maybe hit the wrong spot in the thigh, or is that really how the feeling of the test getting absorbed into the body is suppose to feel like
My guess is you knicked a vein and got this rush from some of the test being delivered straight to your blood instead of slowly releasing into your blood stream like it normally does.

Good advice in the above post.