Prednisone and low testosterone?

lowtnoob

Awards
First post here. Apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find it... saw several things on the links of pred and possible endo issues but nothing definitive.

Cliffs: Bad respiratory infection in mid-March, prescribed pred, felt awful on the drug (especially while drinking), shortly after started getting low t symptoms and had t checked, came out in low 300s. Age 29.

Details: In mid-March I was prescribed prednisone for a very bad respiratory infection. I believe it was 20 mg (little smaller than a dime in size) 2x/day for 3 days then half a tablet 2x/day for 3 days. While on the drug I basically felt terrible.. much different than just from the sickness. Basically low T symptoms like massive fatigue and sexual sides. These continued after stopping the drug. I drank a couple times while on it and felt like there was some odd reaction... what I considered a normal amount of beers made me incredibly sick.

Got the T levels checked in April and they were in the low 300s. Had a followup with an endo where they did a few others. Numbers are below:
T: 318 ng/dl
Free T: 10.8 ng/dl
FSH: 2.0
LH: 0.9
VitD: 25 ng/ml

The endo didn't think the prednisone could have done anything but the timing of the start of this was exactly when I took it. I've had light symptoms for maybe two years but there was a noticeable change there. Coincidental? Have some followups scheduled... T total/free, SHBG, Prolactin, LH/FSH, Ferritin/Iron saturation, and Estradiol sensitive.

Hoping that some of the experts here may have some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Bob Jones

Awards
Google , prednisone side effects. Its good stuff if you need it but it comes with a price.