Liver Question: Mono & Lifting

southpaw41

southpaw41

Awards
So I had mono in August 2010 which was a long recovery and elevated my liver enzymes (ALT & AST). I no longer have mono and feel I am back to normal but just had blood work and shows these enzymes slightly elevated again. I am trying to determine why and wanted some input. I have not had a single drop of alcohol this year yet. I go to the gym every other day (rotation of back/bi's, chest/tri's, and legs/shoulders) and also mountain bike when I can.

Labs

3/7/11 (dont recall what my lifting schedule was then)
ALT(SGPT) 34 (0-65)
AST(SGOT) 17 (0-45)

5/21/11 (lifted 2 days before this lab)
ALT(SGPT) 69 (0-65)
AST(SGOT) 79 (0-45)

This is much better than when I had mono these ranges were like 3x normal. I smoked 1 cigar about 8 days prior to the 5/21/11 blood draw that's really the only other thing I could think of that may have elevated them besides the lifting.

Reason I ask is Im going to the beach memorial day weekend and was hoping I could enjoy a few beers with my friends for the first time in a while.

Thanks in advance

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Did you take any NSAIDS prior to the 5/21 test? Tylenol, Advil, Aleve anything like that?

Could it be the TRT?
Not even a remote possibility

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Even how hard i train I can take a blood test the next day and be fine. Probably your body still dealing with the residual effect of the infection or having a harder time recovering.