blood results assistance?:

j2048b

Awards
recently went in due to some issues and here is what was noted:

total test 338 out of ng/dl 241-827 (no total free test done)
tpo- <10 iu/ml 0-34

dhea sulfate 334 ug/dl 80-560

sex hormone binding glob 37 nmol/l 13.0-71.0

t-3 total (true) 103 ng/dl 60-181
tsh 3rd gen 1.587 miu/ml 0.550-4.780
t-4 total 6.2 ugm/dl 4.5-12.0

t3 uptake HIGH 43.9 uptake % 23.0-36.0

-t-7 index 2.72 index 1.04-4.32
estradiol 17 beta 22 pg/ml 0-52
alpha feto prot 2.1 iu/ml .05-5.5

prolactin 10.0 ng/ml 2.1-17.7

vitamin d hydroxy 45.8 ng/ml 30.0-100.0 (seems low)

thyroglobulin 14.6 ng/ml 0.0-55.0
c reactive protein .024 mg/l .07-4.94

cholesterol!!! yikes: 237! mg/dl 140-200
hdl 49 mg/dl >40
ldl 180!!! mg/dl <130
vldl 8 = low mg/dl 14-35

can anyone take a look and give me their best answers as to how to improve this stuff, or even some advice?

recently started taking in 10,000 ius of d-3 a day, take alive! vitamins, almost every day, have not worked out consistantly for a very long time, and have gone down in weight from a steady 200lbs (i know not all muscle, but not really fat except around stomach ) down to 185-188 just in the past couple months,

any help would be appreciated!

i know ive talked with matrix a lot over the past couple years about going to see the doc out in pen, but cannot afford it, nor can i afford to pay others a bunch of mula, so i am kind of stuck asking for help here, because i know there are a ton of guys who know their $h!T on this forum!

thanks all!
j

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
you could try a clomid challenge 25 mgs for 7 days then retest to see where you are at 8 th day to see if you are primary or secondary.

Need free t-3 levels not free t-3 uptake, but may be an indicator for low adrenals or ferritin
Cholesterol is probably due to insulin or thyroid imbalances

j2048b

Awards
matrix, thanks man!

my ferritin levels were at 73 ng/ml 14-179,

I go see my hormonal guy here in a few days, but wanted (was hoping, you would chime in here, and you did!) to have a bit of knowledge about what the possible issues could be from?

i will ask him to test my free t-3, total free t, and i believe he will be having me get blood work for psa, and a few others i was not tested for.

if i take clomid for the 7 day challenge, what is it i should be looking for?

thanks!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
matrix, thanks man!

my ferritin levels were at 73 ng/ml 14-179,

I go see my hormonal guy here in a few days, but wanted (was hoping, you would chime in here, and you did!) to have a bit of knowledge about what the possible issues could be from?

i will ask him to test my free t-3, total free t, and i believe he will be having me get blood work for psa, and a few others i was not tested for.

if i take clomid for the 7 day challenge, what is it i should be looking for?

thanks!
restest on the 8 th day to look for the rise in T levels..
Ferritin levels are low optimal 130-200 (suspect thyroid or malabsorption issue due to GI inflammation.)
vitamin d levels optimal 65-80

j2048b

Awards
restest on the 8 th day to look for the rise in T levels..
Ferritin levels are low optimal 130-200 (suspect thyroid or malabsorption issue due to GI inflammation.)
vitamin d levels optimal 65-80
see i wonder where my lab, physicians automated, got their base line numbers as you are saying ferritin levels should be between 130-200, my lab shows really low, low's and low highs then,

what are your recommended numbers based from?

if i can get some clomid, i will give it a go, but i dont have a source to go to, to obtain this type of stuff,

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
see i wonder where my lab, physicians automated, got their base line numbers as you are saying ferritin levels should be between 130-200, my lab shows really low, low's and low highs then,

what are your recommended numbers based from?

if i can get some clomid, i will give it a go, but i dont have a source to go to, to obtain this type of stuff,
over 1000 dr's patients ranging from athletic to fat to chronic ill
Even the fat healthy bastards have ferritin levels in the 140-180 with no hormone or thyroid issues.

<100 80% or > are chronic ill or have health issues

j2048b

Awards
so all in all it maybe a thyroid issue then? of course both my mom and sister have thyroid issues, but i thought it was more of a girl disease?

jonko

Awards
Not to scare you, but imrecently learned that what is much more important then the cholesterol numbers is the particle count and particle size. Not many docs check this. Look at my post today.
If you have all large type A buoyant particles then your ok.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Not to scare you, but imrecently learned that what is much more important then the cholesterol numbers is the particle count and particle size. Not many docs check this. Look at my post today.
If you have all large type A buoyant particles then your ok.
its all about oxidzed LDL