My Cardiologist Doesn't Believe in TRT :( - AnabolicMinds.com

My Cardiologist Doesn't Believe in TRT :(

1. New Member

My Cardiologist Doesn't Believe in TRT :(

I went to see my cardiologist to discuss my high blood preside since being on Androgel.
    Well, he is apparently not a fan a TRT. He said that it can increase the size of the heart, just like it causes other muscles to grow.
    After the lecture, he did say that there are some studies that suggest TRT can actually help reverse heart failure in some people.

Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't"..............

I don't understand why TRT can have these negative effects. If someone is low or testosterone deficient, and TRT brings levels to a normal number, why would that have a negative effect on the heart?

Regarding my HBP, today it was 135/93
    Next week a stress test and echo then if it's still high meds, or stop TRT

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There are not a lot of doctors that believe in TRT. My doctor certainly would never suggest it. My doc hardly ever puts me on medications. I don't know I guess that could be a good sign because a lot of doctors push meds hard. Are you taking anything that could raise blood pressure? Consider all supplements you take and cut out caffeine.
  3. New Member

I am now taking coq10' calcium, magnesium, potassium, and garlique.

I was taking Lexapro but I stopped one week ago, feel much better off that crap.

Down to one cup coffee a day.

Everything is pointing to gel.

Saturday I see my other doc who just did a massive blood works up via Genova. I'm hoping those results will shed some light.

Perhaps DHT ? Perhaps try shots? I'll see what he thinks
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

Mine doesnt really either, but he's not telling me NO either. Both my Cardio and family doc say I have to watch my Hematocrit (it hovers about 52-54) because it can put a strain on your heart. Espeically since I had a mild heart attack last year.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonko View Post
    I am now taking coq10' calcium, magnesium, potassium, and garlique.

I was taking Lexapro but I stopped one week ago, feel much better off that crap.

Down to one cup coffee a day.

Everything is pointing to gel.

Saturday I see my other doc who just did a massive blood works up via Genova. I'm hoping those results will shed some light.

Perhaps DHT ? Perhaps try shots? I'll see what he thinks
    I'd bump on that. Try to see if you can find a cardio dr who is also a member of the life extension foundation or the anti aging institution. They're a little more educated on these subjects and more open minded

I would love to be in the same town as Dr.John from allthingsmale.com. That guy is an amazing dr. I know they take patients over the internet; give it a try
    I use www.pepcalculator for all my peptide questions
  6. Advanced Member

Well, he is apparently not a fan a TRT. He said that it can increase the size of the heart, just like it causes other muscles to grow.
    That's a pretty ignorant thing for a doctor to say. Does he think someone can take exogenous testosterone and their muscles will grow without resitance training and huge increases in protein intake? If not, then how does the heart grow?
    What are your post TRT testosterone levels? What is your post TRT estrogen levels? There are a number of things you should be checking to see if your blood pressure will come down naturally.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

This doctor is pretty stupid.

I'm not on TRT ... don't need it but from what I've read ...

Most (almost all) Docs who administer TRT will not attempt to "supercharge" your Test - they simply try to restore you to "normal" levels. In fact, most will roll back the dosage if you start exceeding "high normal".

Okay - well ... if THIS kind of TRT causes your heart to grow - then why aren't the hearts of males with NORMAL TEST (even HIGH NORMAL TEST), without TRT also growing???

Maybe he has a point with "self-administered" TRT - where some folks seem to aim for a "free test" reading of 1,000,000 - yes, that might have some very bad effects on the heart.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.

135/93? Ok, systolic is getting a little high but still falls 5 points into normal range. Maybe add a little more cardio and clean up the diet a bit, you'll be fine. You dont need meds yet, guy sounds like a ****ing idiot
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

I went to see my cardiologist to discuss my high blood preside since being on Androgel.
    After the lecture, he did say that there are some studies that suggest TRT can actually help reverse heart failure in some people.

Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't"..............

I don't understand why TRT can have these negative effects. If someone is low or testosterone deficient, and TRT brings levels to a normal number, why would that have a negative effect on the heart?

Regarding my HBP, today it was 135/93
    Next week a stress test and echo then if it's still high meds, or stop TRT
    If your dosage is too high, Test can contribute to HBP. It can also increase your hemos which will contribute to it as well.
    You would have to be doing massave doses and marathon training for your heart size to increase. (IMA)
  10. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    135/93? Ok, systolic is getting a little high but still falls 5 points into normal range. Maybe add a little more cardio and clean up the diet a bit, you'll be fine. You dont need meds yet, guy sounds like a ****ing idiot
    Thats what I was thinking, but didnt want to say it. I was like wtf? When I was thirty my bp was alot higher than that, they put me on some **** that me all kinds of sick, but the bp was my own fault, I was up around 260+lbs and no cardio, I started working out again and eating better, added in the much needed cardio, really got the diet back into check, dropped down to 205, and for over 6-7 years my bp was down around 110-115/80-85 unmedicated.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Doctor says no? Get a new doctor.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazym View Post
    Doctor says no? Get a new doctor.
    ^^^^^^^^works with wives too!!!!!^^^^^
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. why FDA doesn't like protodrol?
    By narraboth in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
  2. if IGF doesn't need to be refrigerated....
    By neverstop in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 11:14 AM
  3. Why doesn't anyone use AX PCT?
    By Irish480 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 12:15 AM
  4. Doesn't congress have anything better to do?
    By jverch in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 12:18 AM
  5. What does HIT give that Non HIT doesn't?
    By Manwhore in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 11:21 AM