Thyroid questions

realdeal124

Awards
Got bloodwork results back and my tsh was 4.7 which is slightly elevated, doc wants to see me again. Ive been doing research on hypothyroidism and i have not a single symptom, I actually feel great. Im going to have the doc retest me tomorrow when I go. If he prescribes meds Im not sold on taken them because I feel fine and Ive been reading that TSH levels and symptoms are kind of individualized. Also I was planning on starting an Anavar only cycle in two weeks. This is obv going on hold until I get more information on whats going on with my thyroid. If my thyroid is in fact under active, would Anavar further increase my tsh levels further, this too I have read conflicting reports on. Appreciate the help.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Need ft4,ft3, rt3, tpo, tgab readings are needed
Cortisol saliva 24 hour test
vitamin D
hormone parameters need to be check as well,

Anavar can decreae thyroid function in some people since it can increae metabolic processes

Bob Jones

Awards
As Matrix said , more tests are needed. If you are not on thyroid hormone , dont be to quick to start . There are side affects to them , Most DRs wont go into this , they just read the test and say it is what you need. It is much more complicated than that.
The pituitary should be checked also. If your Dr is not competent to deal with this , find another. Understand this is a big deal , and it can cause you misery for years if not handled correctly.

jdub1980

Awards
I think TGAB is thyroid antibodies. What is TPO? I'm going to have thyroid checked on June 8. Doc said something about Free T3/T4, Reverse T3, and thyroid antibodies. Would like to know if there is anything else that needs to be checked. Will get results from 24hr saliva test on next visit.

Also, what tests need to be done to look at pituatary?

realdeal124

Awards
Got my results...

TSH 4.7
T4 total- 7.2
T3- 36
T4 free calc2.6

doc re did the test because he thinks it may be an anamoly because usually if the tsh is elevated t3 is down which mine isnt, so im not just waiting to get back the results... what do you guys think?

reacher

Awards
Your reading look pretty identical to my second tests except that my TSH is 2.3. Both my GP and Endo said it was good.

You're lucky that you get more tests etc. because my doc got my original TSH of 5.xx from routine blood tests and immediately wrote a script for synthroid (sp). Long story short I talked to a few Endo's and got a full thyroid panel and came back normal.

If I had put my full trust in GP than I would have been on meds my entire life for a condition I don't have. GL

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Got my results...

TSH 4.7
T4 total- 7.2
T3- 36
T4 free calc2.6

doc re did the test because he thinks it may be an anamoly because usually if the tsh is elevated t3 is down which mine isnt, so im not just waiting to get back the results... what do you guys think?
still invalid reading

If that is total t3 then you are in deep trouble
are you sure that is no t-3 uptake instead?
Need to post reference ranges.

realdeal124

Awards
It was t3 uptake the reference range went up to 35, so it was slightly elevated