Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

test cyp IM with insulin syringe

Any info from guys injecting .5mL test cyp IM with insulin syringes.
    Drawing, injection site, needle size, etc; any info would be appreciated DragonRider and Matrix.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1980 View Post
    Any info from guys injecting .5mL test cyp IM with insulin syringes.
    Drawing, injection site, needle size, etc; any info would be appreciated DragonRider and Matrix.
    I inject in my shoulders and I believe I read that Matrix does also. With very little fat in that area, you are actually getting an IM injection, just not a very deep one. Sometimes, just to rotate injection sites, I inject in my outer thighs.
    Since I use fixed needle insulin syringes, I draw and inject with the same needle. I haven't had any problems with this so far.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Matrix said he uses 29g .5" needles. Is this what you use DR? Also, do you push a whole syringe full of air into vial before drawing?
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Matrix said he uses 29g .5" needles. Is this what you use DR? Also, do you push a whole syringe full of air into vial before drawing?
    I believe my needles are 27g with a 5/8" needle. And, yes I push a syringe full of air into the vial before i draw.
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%

Why don't you just buy some proper pins and not be such a wuss?
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy View Post
    Why don't you just buy some proper pins and not be such a wuss?
    Because we aren't cycling. We are going to be injecting once or twice a week for the rest of our lives. Have you ever heard of scar tissue?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    Because we aren't cycling. We are going to be injecting once or twice a week for the rest of our lives. Have you ever heard of scar tissue?
    Thanks DragonRider. Who wants to be injecting with a large needle 2x a week for the rest of our lives. I sure as hell don't.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Just ordered some 28gx1/2" easytouch insulin syringes for $17 with s/h. Figured since DR uses 27g and Matrix uses 29g, 28g would be alright. The 27gx5/8" were about $50 for a box of 100 everywhere I looked; they were also called "IV" syringes. Does that describe the syringes you use DR?
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Just ordered some 28gx1/2" easytouch insulin syringes for $17 with s/h. Figured since DR uses 27g and Matrix uses 29g, 28g would be alright. The 27gx5/8" were about $50 for a box of 100 everywhere I looked; they were also called "IV" syringes. Does that describe the syringes you use DR?
    You have a PM. I usually spend less than $20 for 100 pins. I may have got the 1/2" needles this last time.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Much appreciated DragonRider.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.12%

I had some outstanding results using the 29 G, 1/2" insulin needles that I picked up for my Melanotan II ($25/100). No marks, and I am a deep bronze color for the first time in my life. So, I started using them when the VA screwed up and shipped me some 25 G. They work great with my Test Cyp and yes I inject a full load of air each time I use the needle and like DR I reuse the same needle to inject myself.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.21%

''yes I inject a full load of air each time I use the needle and like DR I reuse the same needle to inject myself'' are you nuts thats asking for trouble.

Just go to a needle exchange get them for free,
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by brittishbulldog View Post
    Just go to a needle exchange get them for free, are you nuts thats asking for trouble.

No thanks. I'm not an IV drug user and I pay my own way. I don't accept food stamps or welfare either. Those "free" needles are being paid for by someone (taxpayers) and their "intent'" is for IV drug users to prevent the spread of disease. If you aren't using them for their intended purpose, technically you are stealing from the taxpayers. Twenty bucks for a hundred needles is reasonable and bilking the system for free needles is not going to make anyone rich.

How do you think diabetics inject? They use the same needle to draw insulin that they inject with. The majority of insulin pins have fixed needles. You couldn't exchange them if you wanted. Now, take the number of diabetics in the world and multiply them by the number of injections they do per day times the number of injections that have occured since diabetics have been injecting insulin and you have trillions of injections that have not lead to infections or any other problems.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.21%

No thanks. I'm not an IV drug user and I pay my own way. I don't accept food stamps or welfare either. Those "free" needles are being paid for by someone (taxpayers) and their "intent'" is for IV drug users to prevent the spread of disease. If you aren't using them for their intended purpose, technically you are stealing from the taxpayers. Twenty bucks for a hundred needles is reasonable and bilking the system for free needles is not going to make anyone rich.

How do you think diabetics inject? They use the same needle to draw insulin that they inject with. The majority of insulin pins have fixed needles. You couldn't exchange them if you wanted. Now, take the number of diabetics in the world and multiply them by the number of injections they do per day times the number of injections that have occured since diabetics have been injecting insulin and you have trillions of injections that have not lead to infections or any other problems.
    The way I see it is, I pay my taxes I am just as entiled to free ones on the NHS as anyone, I rung them up before hand to check and ask't if that was ok, they said they are for anyone who needs them, They even had information for AAS, They also dispose of spent needles, I was going to buy some but I did't want my GF seeing a parcell with them in. I even ask'd at the chemist but they would not sell them too me. Just wounding how do you get rid of your old ones??
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.91%

Brittishbulldog thinks you are using syringes for more than one injection I think.
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by RPHMark View Post
    Brittishbulldog thinks you are using syringes for more than one injection I think.
    I hope not. Me and the Dutchman are referring to drawing and injecting with the same needle (only one use), just like a diabetic does.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.12%

I hope not. Me and the Dutchman are referring to drawing and injecting with the same needle (only one use), just like a diabetic does.
    This!
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.71%

I inject using a 30guage 1/2 inch needle (8mm) twice a week right into the back of my calf. I've also ran it into the top of my quad; that one is painless as well.

I also inject my peps there as well when I'm tired of using my stomache as a pin cushion. In the Canadian Journal of Medicine they did a study on a group of men with subq injections. The test results came back the same as the guys who were injecting IM. Most guys taking a 23/25 gg needle believe they're actually injecting into muscle when they poke their butt; when it fact they're injecting into fat.

Subq injections are actually safer and better with test because your risk of infection is less and you get a slow release with the test in your "fat" for lack of a better word.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

I'll be glad when my 28g syringes come in. Just injected 1/2cc with 25g 1" into glute and a little blood came out when I withdrew the needle. Hopefully didn't lose too much oil.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Just got my insulin syringes in and they are in U-100 measurements. If I want to inject
    .5 cc, would that be 50 units on the U-100 syringe?
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Just got my insulin syringes in and they are in U-100 measurements. If I want to inject
    .5 cc, would that be 50 units on the U-100 syringe?
    Yes.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Just did my first injection with insulin syringe in shoulder. Really nice. I even noticed that I wasn't as nervous and tense while injecting. I think I might have pushed a little too fast because there was a small speck of oil left at injection site. Will push a little slower next time. Not sure that injection was IM, but I don't think it matters based on everything I have read about subQ. Thanks for all the advice DragonRider.
  23. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Just did my first injection with insulin syringe in shoulder. Really nice. I even noticed that I wasn't as nervous and tense while injecting. I think I might have pushed a little too fast because there was a small speck of oil left at injection site. Will push a little slower next time. Not sure that injection was IM, but I don't think it matters based on everything I have read about subQ. Thanks for all the advice DragonRider.
    I give it about 10 seconds after the plunger hits the bottom of the syringe before I pull the needle out.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.71%

Yes. Half a CC would be half a hundred iu insulin syringe.

1cc=1ml=1000mcgs

I've been using www.pepcalculator.com for all this stuff. Its free and easy to use.
    I use www.pepcalculator for all my peptide questions
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

I have noticed that when I draw the oil with the insulin syringe, that there are several tiny air bubbles. I always draw a little more than I need and push some back into the vial until I am at .5cc. This seems to push most of the air out, but a few bubbles are always left. Is this common?
  26. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

I always draw a little more than I need and push some back into the vial until I am at .5cc. This seems to push most of the air out, but a few bubbles are always left. Is this common?
    Yep. Me too.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

you could also get 27g 1/2in needle and use a normal syringe that way you can swap needles if you prefer
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.11%

I just started doing this too. I'm injecting 10 units per day of test cyp. instead Of using gels. So far so good in shoulder and quad. PM me how you progress.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.44%

Are you guys doing quad injections with the slin needle as well? I'm thinking about switching to the slin needle but looking to do quad injections.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by JohninAZ View Post
    Are you guys doing quad injections with the slin needle as well? I'm thinking about switching to the slin needle but looking to do quad injections.

I am injecting in the delt and the vastus lateralis of the quad. I know that I got into the muscle because I have the same dull ache for a couple of days after injecting as when I was using the 1" needles. Injected into right delt this morning; nice and easy. Just takes a minute to push all of the oil in. I now look forward to injections.

Presa, are you using 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml? Interested to see how daily injections go. I am concerned with estrogen conversion and I bet a lower dose more frequently would eliminate that problem.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.44%

Did my first quad injection with the slin pin just now. Painless and simple. Don't know if I got into the muscle, but I guess sub Q would be OK too, according to what I've read. The only slin pins I had on hand were 30 Gauge 5/16". I'll report back if there are any issues.
    Pinned .5 CC Test cyp and .25 CC Deca.
    It was almost "too easy" and took the fun out of it.

I drew with a normal syringe and backloaded the slin pin. Is this what you guys do? Or do you do both draw and inject with the slin pin? That point seems like it would dull quickly.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

I draw and inject with the same insulin needle. It does seem like it dulls the needle a good bit, but that doesn't matter much when using a small 28g-30g needle.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.44%

OK. I gotta ask this question. A lot of guys on other boards (some very experienced) are saying that there is a greater chance of sterile abscess doing oil sub Q injections due to the fact that the oil takes longer to disperse and may not even fully disperse.
    I did an inject (quad)this morning of .5 CC test Cyp and .25 CC Deca. Don't know if I made it into the muscle or not with my 30g 5/16" slin pin (I doubt it) and am now wondering was it safe or not. Any more input on this???
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

I think that would only become a problem if you were injecting a large amount of oil at one time. The subQ method seems to be used for about .5cc more or less. You will need to get a longer needle than 5/16" though; thats only about a quarter inch long. Most of the guys that I got advice from use 27-29g 1/2".
  35. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by JohninAZ View Post
    OK. I gotta ask this question. A lot of guys on other boards (some very experienced) are saying that there is a greater chance of sterile abscess doing oil sub Q injections due to the fact that the oil takes longer to disperse and may not even fully disperse.
    I did an inject (quad)this morning of .5 CC test Cyp and .25 CC Deca. Don't know if I made it into the muscle or not with my 30g 5/16" slin pin (I doubt it) and am now wondering was it safe or not. Any more input on this???
    Are they talking about injecting TRT doses or steroid doses (100 to 150mg/ml vs. 500mg in 2ml)?
    That is going to make a difference.

I've been doing this for 13 years now and I've never had an abscess. That doesn't mean I or you won't get one on our next injection, but that is a lot of experience.

I've seen some pretty fat guys in my life, but most of them still have very little fat on their quad. I could definately get IM with a insulin needle in my quad, but I use 1/2" needles, not 5/16.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

DragonRider, do you inject into vastus lateralis or rectus femoris? I have been using the vastus lateralis with good success; seems to be less fat on quads than delts. Might start using quads more often.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.44%

Are they talking about injecting TRT doses or steroid doses (100 to 150mg/ml vs. 500mg in 2ml)?
    That is going to make a difference.

I've been doing this for 13 years now and I've never had an abscess. That doesn't mean I or you won't get one on our next injection, but that is a lot of experience.

I've seen some pretty fat guys in my life, but most of them still have very little fat on their quad. I could definately get IM with a insulin needle in my quad, but I use 1/2" needles, not 5/16.
    Both TRT and cycle doses. Lots of guys warning against anything "oil/slin pin" related. Many couldn't believe that I could even push oil through a 30g pin. They don't realize the pressure that the plunger in the slin pin creates.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to grab some 1/2" pins and see what happens. I've never done a delt shot, but that may be next on my list.
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59%

When injecting subQ with slin pins, you're suppossed to pinch up the skin and inject into the pinched fat. When you guys say you are injecting into your quads, delts, etc., are you pinching up the skin or just pinning it right in? I've been doing a proper subQ inject on my quads 2xWeek. Why can't I just use a slin pin and inject into my glute without pinching. It doesn't matter if it's subQ or IM does it?
  39. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

DragonRider, do you inject into vastus lateralis or rectus femoris? I have been using the vastus lateralis with good success; seems to be less fat on quads than delts. Might start using quads more often.
    Vastus lateralis. I can do a deep IM in my shoulders with a slin pin. I have zero fat on my shoulders.
  40. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
    When injecting subQ with slin pins, you're suppossed to pinch up the skin and inject into the pinched fat. When you guys say you are injecting into your quads, delts, etc., are you pinching up the skin or just pinning it right in? I've been doing a proper subQ inject on my quads 2xWeek. Why can't I just use a slin pin and inject into my glute without pinching. It doesn't matter if it's subQ or IM does it?
    I don't pinch. On the other hand, many of us inject in the quads because we can see it. It's easier. I can't turn around far enough to inject in my own glute.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question on my insulin syringe
    By wellsoci in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
  2. IGF-1 TEST's = Rat Insulin
    By kudisbetta in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 08:59 AM
  3. test/tren same syringe?
    By rjp643 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12