Inject vs Transdermal

acer00

Awards
Going to see a Urologist at the end of the month. I am trying to arm myself with as much info as possible.

I have told my story. Recently put on Androgel for HRT due to test scores, low libido, lack of energy ect....

I have a young child and am not to fond of the gel and the precautions that come with it. I feel a lot better since I started HRT. I am also prone to MPB and have heard that injectables are better then transdermals when it comes to hair loss (lower DHT conversion)

I was just wondering some thoughts.

acer00

Awards
Bump: any opinions.

Has anyone used both the Gel and Injections for HRT? I have the option of chosing one of 3. Gel, Patch, Injection.

#1: I have heard that the Gel interacts with the skin to cause more DHT, thus more shedding (which I am experiencing) Would the patch cause less dht conversion since the testosterone is sent through a smaller area of skin?

#2: Due injections yield a lesser amount of DHT since they do not pass through the skin?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i used the gel didnt do anything for me..im on my 3rd injection and i can tell a overall diff

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Bump: any opinions.

Has anyone used both the Gel and Injections for HRT? I have the option of chosing one of 3. Gel, Patch, Injection.

#1: I have heard that the Gel interacts with the skin to cause more DHT, thus more shedding (which I am experiencing) Would the patch cause less dht conversion since the testosterone is sent through a smaller area of skin?

#2: Due injections yield a lesser amount of DHT since they do not pass through the skin?
Yes, yes, and yes

Started with AndroGel - loved the result and high libido that comes with big DHT bump. Now on injections because I wanted to keep some hair.

Awards
I started on Androgel but it didn't do much for me. Switched to testosterone cream at 200 mgs/ml twice a day and it has made a huge difference in my life. Estradiol levels increased so doc put me on Arimidex. Have not experienced any problem with DHT conversion.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I started on Androgel but it didn't do much for me. Switched to testosterone cream at 200 mgs/ml twice a day and it has made a huge difference in my life. Estradiol levels increased so doc put me on Arimidex. Have not experienced any problem with DHT conversion.
The idea that your concern about contact with your child should be enough for endo to move you to shots. He may not allow you to self adminster which could be a problem resulting in you going into the office ever 2-3 weeks as common therapies are. We all know this is wrong approach, but that is what they are taught in school..

Awards
The idea that your concern about contact with your child should be enough for endo to move you to shots. He may not allow you to self adminster which could be a problem resulting in you going into the office ever 2-3 weeks as common therapies are. We all know this is wrong approach, but that is what they are taught in school..
Good point. Gels and creams can be a mess which will increase chance of contaminating your child. Would sub-q injections twice a week be preferable to one injection every 2-3 weeks?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Good point. Gels and creams can be a mess which will increase chance of contaminating your child. Would sub-q injections twice a week be preferable to one injection every 2-3 weeks?
i use 29 gauge 1/2 inch 50 mgs x2 times a week in shoulder. (m,th)
I pull with a big syringe then fill the small one.
Take whole 60 seconds from start to finish.

Awards
i use 29 gauge 1/2 inch 50 mgs x2 times a week in shoulder. (m,th)
I pull with a big syringe then fill the small one.
Take whole 60 seconds from start to finish.
Good to know. I'm deploying to Afghanistan soon and doc suggested moving me from cream to sub-q injections while deployed. Never pinned before so I am very hesitant. Cream is working wonders but don't know if the working conditions will work well with cream.