Frothy Urine ?

jonko

Awards
I notice I have frothy or bubbly urine, especially the first pee in the morning. I had a complete blood work up 6 months ago and everything was normal. I dont remember if the it was happening back then. I have a feeling this is something I have always had. the only reason I noticed it was because I was reading a thread somewhere where it was brought up so I checked. If the stream hits the porcelain there is no bubbles, only if I pee directly into the water.

Is this something related to androgel possibly?

On a side note, I hardly drink ANY water. I know I need to correct this. Perhaps the urine is too concentrated?

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I notice I have frothy or bubbly urine, especially the first pee in the morning. I had a complete blood work up 6 months ago and everything was normal. I dont remember if the it was happening back then. I have a feeling this is something I have always had. the only reason I noticed it was because I was reading a thread somewhere where it was brought up so I checked. If the stream hits the porcelain there is no bubbles, only if I pee directly into the water.

Is this something related to androgel possibly?

On a side note, I hardly drink ANY water. I know I need to correct this. Perhaps the urine is too concentrated?
Dehydration probably. If it isn't a clear light yellow tinge, you could probably use more hydration. On a lighter note, be careful, there's someone going around the forum talking about drinking your own urine. I'd avoid him...! LOL!

P.S.
I guess it's possible you have some kind of infection that is releasing a gas, somewhat carbonating your piss, but I wouldn't be too concerned yet (unless it smells REALLY bad, or burns to pee). I know I've had this bubble issue before, but it never really concerned me. It always went away. And unless you want a cotton swab going up your pee-hole (that's how they'll check for a local infection--pretty painful procedure), I'd leave it alone and see if it goes away with more hydration LOL!!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Usually means you had a big acid meal that night which your body has not probably neutralized. I would be working on getting more alkaline based foods in your diet.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
This is one of those threads where I'm trying to stop reading....but I can't. It's both extremely peculiar with too much info, yet somehow slightly interesting....

jonko

Awards
Dehydration probably. If it isn't a clear light yellow tinge, you could probably use more hydration. On a lighter note, be careful, there's someone going around the forum talking about drinking your own urine. I'd avoid him...! LOL!

P.S.
I guess it's possible you have some kind of infection that is releasing a gas, somewhat carbonating your piss, but I wouldn't be too concerned yet (unless it smells REALLY bad, or burns to pee). I know I've had this bubble issue before, but it never really concerned me. It always went away. And unless you want a cotton swab going up your pee-hole (that's how they'll check for a local infection--pretty painful procedure), I'd leave it alone and see if it goes away with more hydration

Drinking urine? Is that room temperature, or over ice with a twist of lemon?

jonko

Awards
Matrix: that's interesting about acidic foods. I never really heard that one before, I always hear about meat and chicken. Well, yesterday I had a tuna salad on a bagel (dunkin donuts) at about 2:00 pm, then at 5 a large raw kale salad with dressing. Then at about 8:00pm some sweet potato fries, then at 10:00pm 2 oranges before bed.
That was yesterday, this morning i had the froth.For breakfast unusually do a large bowl of honey-nut cheerios.

Funny thing, if I aim at the side of the bowl and not splash directly in the waterbtherebis no froth.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Matrix: that's interesting about acidic foods. I never really heard that one before, I always hear about meat and chicken. Well, yesterday I had a tuna salad on a bagel (dunkin donuts) at about 2:00 pm, then at 5 a large raw kale salad with dressing. Then at about 8:00pm some sweet potato fries, then at 10:00pm 2 oranges before bed.
That was yesterday, this morning i had the froth.For breakfast unusually do a large bowl of honey-nut cheerios.

Funny thing, if I aim at the side of the bowl and not splash directly in the waterbtherebis no froth.
I'm thinking carbs would be the most likely culprit. Not sure why though, but that's what I'm thinking. Try cutting carbs for a day, and see how that treats ya. And I think that guy was talking about with the lemon zest :D!

Anywho, I think the froth is just aerated urine. When you hit the side, the air comes out, and you have a complete solution. It's kindof like dish soap. If you squirt it in water, it forms a suspension. Now, if you turn the faucet on directly over the solution, it will form bubbles. However, if you let the water run down the side of the sink, it will simply mix with the solution, and raise the water level. Hopefully I illustrated it well.