Anyone Use Tri-State Health & Wellness in NJ?

jonko

Awards
Here is my story:
When I was a child I had gynocomastia, my mother took me to the doctor who was giving me weekly testosterone injections. After a couple months she gave up. I was about 8 years old, 1972. I still have gynocomastia.
% years ago my doctor happen to to a testosterone test and it was low at 140 (normal was 250-800)
I never did anything about it. Now I am feeling tired, body fat, low sex drive etc. So 6 months ago i go back and its still low around 140. He gives me Androgel to start with 2.5 mg a day (2 pumps). I feel better a little bit. Repeat blood, and testosterone is about 340. He says congratulations, thats perfect. I push him for a little more, and reluctantly he lets me do 4 pumps a day (5 mg) and I go back again and testosterone is now 780! Morning wood has returned first time in 15 years and I feel so much better. In fact I feel so good I decide to stop the lexapro that I was on (for anxiety and depression).
I am on the gel now about 5 months. I notice I am feeling a bit nervous and anxious, when I try to sleep at night my hear feels like its racing. I decide to go back on the lexapro 10mg. After 3 days on the lexapro I go to my doctor and my BP is very high, 150/100 and I am having tachyardia. He tells me better stop the gel. I stop the gel, after 3 days I feel like crap, so I go back on, but only 2 pumps a day. I feel better, but still not great, no morning wood etc.

SoI am very frustrated with my doctor because he is not really familiar with HRT and the obly blood test he ever did was Total T and Prolactin (which was elevated but only by 1 point).

So I am researching online for a good Doctor in the NYC area and I discover Tr-state Health and Wellness in Fairfield NJ. I went to see Dr. Aleksandr Martirosov last week, He is a DO (doctor of Osteopathy). this is something new to me. I was very impressed. He took blood (alot of blood!) and sent it to Genova Labs. I have to go back in 2 weeks for the results. He doesnt think the Androgel was causing the High BP but possible the lexapro just starting the dose up again. He spoke about the possibility of switching to shots. the prices are very reasonable, but I am very concerned about the lab. I dont believe Genova takes my insurance, Aetna. I have a feeling this blood test will be several thousand dollars.

Does anyone have any experience with Tri-State and/or Genova?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Here is my story:
When I was a child I had gynocomastia, my mother took me to the doctor who was giving me weekly testosterone injections. After a couple months she gave up. I was about 8 years old, 1972. I still have gynocomastia.
% years ago my doctor happen to to a testosterone test and it was low at 140 (normal was 250-800)
I never did anything about it. Now I am feeling tired, body fat, low sex drive etc. So 6 months ago i go back and its still low around 140. He gives me Androgel to start with 2.5 mg a day (2 pumps). I feel better a little bit. Repeat blood, and testosterone is about 340. He says congratulations, thats perfect. I push him for a little more, and reluctantly he lets me do 4 pumps a day (5 mg) and I go back again and testosterone is now 780! Morning wood has returned first time in 15 years and I feel so much better. In fact I feel so good I decide to stop the lexapro that I was on (for anxiety and depression).
I am on the gel now about 5 months. I notice I am feeling a bit nervous and anxious, when I try to sleep at night my hear feels like its racing. I decide to go back on the lexapro 10mg. After 3 days on the lexapro I go to my doctor and my BP is very high, 150/100 and I am having tachyardia. He tells me better stop the gel. I stop the gel, after 3 days I feel like crap, so I go back on, but only 2 pumps a day. I feel better, but still not great, no morning wood etc.

SoI am very frustrated with my doctor because he is not really familiar with HRT and the obly blood test he ever did was Total T and Prolactin (which was elevated but only by 1 point).

So I am researching online for a good Doctor in the NYC area and I discover Tr-state Health and Wellness in Fairfield NJ. I went to see Dr. Aleksandr Martirosov last week, He is a DO (doctor of Osteopathy). this is something new to me. I was very impressed. He took blood (alot of blood!) and sent it to Genova Labs. I have to go back in 2 weeks for the results. He doesnt think the Androgel was causing the High BP but possible the lexapro just starting the dose up again. He spoke about the possibility of switching to shots. the prices are very reasonable, but I am very concerned about the lab. I dont believe Genova takes my insurance, Aetna. I have a feeling this blood test will be several thousand dollars.

Does anyone have any experience with Tri-State and/or Genova?
Yes I was one that got alot of Dr's started with genova due to their patients reading about it on line. I use genova alot to learn to isolate the problem. The issue is that 95% of the drs have no clue on how to read the test. One lady paid big bucks. When she sent me her test to evaluate the guy was a complete idiot on how he read the test when the answer was there clear as day..Many people have me evaluate the test and are shocked to find out how much I know about them more then they know about themselves

jonko

Awards
Yes I was one that got alot of Dr's started with genova due to their patients reading about it on line. I use genova alot to learn to isolate the problem. The issue is that 95% of the drs have no clue on how to read the test. One lady paid big bucks. When she sent me her test to evaluate the guy was a complete idiot on how he read the test when the answer was there clear as day..Many people have me evaluate the test and are shocked to find out how much I know about them more then they know about themselves
To be honest, I am a little worried about the genetic testing. I am a Hypochondriac. I tend to obsess over my health. This is one of the reasons for the Lexapro.
If that test comes back and says I have a predisposition to a certain cancer, or MS, or kidney failure, Liver disease etc, I will go nuts. I'll end up obsessing over it for the rest of my life, lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, I am a little worried about the genetic testing. I am a Hypochondriac. I tend to obsess over my health. This is one of the reasons for the Lexapro.
If that test comes back and says I have a predisposition to a certain cancer, or MS, or kidney failure, Liver disease etc, I will go nuts. I'll end up obsessing over it for the rest of my life, lol
No its not genetic testing it shows shows where imbalances are..
I use test called nutraval as the base on all patients if insurance is excepting it.