Vitamin D optimal range???

4evathrowed

Awards
Well I went to a endo and found out I was deficient in vitamin d level being Vitamin D (25-OH)TOT 21 ng/ml range 32-100 LOW.I was prescribed 50,000 iu vitamin d twice a week.How long do you think it will take for me to get in to optimal range.I've been taken them for 4 weeks already I'm on my second batch of vit d now.I want them optimal cause I hear men with high Vit d also have high Testosterone free and total.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Time will tell I retest dr patient in 6 weeks to get levels of around 70 which is healthy levels. If Cfs then 90 since they are vitamin d receptors are down regulated usually

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
I'm going a year and 1/2 and still don't have an optimal D level. I was prescribed the 50,000 iu as well, but once a week only. Along with that spend as much time as I can in the sun. With that, my levels still barely cross 20.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm going a year and 1/2 and still don't have an optimal D level. I was prescribed the 50,000 iu as well, but once a week only. Along with that spend as much time as I can in the sun. With that, my levels still barely cross 20.
Your in michagen. Above 40th parellel and little sun. You are not properly absorbing vitamin D because you are not absorbiong fats properly. Switch to emulsifed form and watch it sky rocket at 8,000-10000 ius a day retest in 6 weeks.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
The recommended levels have been constantly changing/rising for several years. 20 ng is terribly low, 50 is probably the best current miinimum and 70 some now even say 80 is a good target level. I took 10,000 IUs ED for two years and couldn't get past 50. At 15,000 IUs I quickly made it up there and I feel great. I'm assuming of course, that your 50,000 IUs are D3 and not synthetic D2.

4evathrowed

Awards
My vitamin d went up from 21 to 72.5 in 2 months from taking 50'000 iu twice a week is that good or bad.I also took 10,000 d3 iu before the blood test.

jonko

Awards
My levels are are also low ar 23, but my doc is giving me injections so it bypasses digestion and the liver