False lab tests. Anyone experience this??

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Due to switching doctors AND going to see an Endo, I have had four sets of lab tests since November 2010; all from the same lab (Labcorp). In two of my tests, my total T was >1,600. The doctor freaked and wanted me off TRT.

He had me go off TRT for one month; tested me, and my total T dropped to 190, and I felt like sh$t! So, he put me back on TRT and one month later >1,600 again!!!! All I'm doing is one tube of Testim!!

He gave up and sent me to an Endocrinologist. She tested me one month later, on one tube of testim, and I was at 820. Perfect, just like I had always been at my other doctor.

All these tests mentioned above were at the same lab. I have never tested SO HIGH and SO LOW at my previous lab. Is it possible they were screwed up? How could I all of a sudden go "off the charts in both directions"??

Opinions please??

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
How many variables were in the equation? ie. timing of last dose relative to testing, fasting state, time of day of tests, etc...

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I always test in the mid afternoon to have allowed total absorption of the Testm. What I find strange is that prior to that last test; they were either WAY high or WAY low. I never tested above 1,000 or below 275 before.

My doctor insists the Lab is not at fault ( of course it's the lab in the hospital connected to the wing of the physicians offices where he practices :-/)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's beyond odd. Glad you got another opinion rather than them taking you off TRT again.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Where are you applying your Testim? What is the chance you are putting it on your upper arm and they drew blood from THAT arm?

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
That's an interesting thought! I never rub it down that far to the artery at my elbow. Nonetheless, very astute observation. I guess anything is possible......

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
That's an interesting thought! I never rub it down that far to the artery at my elbow. Nonetheless, very astute observation. I guess anything is possible......
I've heard of that happening on a number of occasions. If it were me, I would even opt for earlier blood draws and not apply the Testim until after the draw just to rule out that factor.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was actually talking to my gym owner tonight (after reading this previously) and he was talking to me about how the doc has him on 200mg cyp every 2 weeks and he just got blood work saying he was at 1800 (up from 100-something) lol. I explained to him that I was literally reading about something similar earlier today and told him he likely needs to get another test done / not let them taper his dose down because he'd KNOW if he had a test level increase that much.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I was actually talking to my gym owner tonight (after reading this previously) and he was talking to me about how the doc has him on 200mg cyp every 2 weeks and he just got blood work saying he was at 1800 (up from 100-something) lol. I explained to him that I was literally reading about something similar earlier today and told him he likely needs to get another test done / not let them taper his dose down because he'd KNOW if he had a test level increase that much.
wow, 1800 on basically 100mg a week? Were they drawing blood the morning AFTER he pinned or something? I can't imagine you could sustain that level over the entire 2 week period.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
If he was tested the day after he injected there is no doubt that his test levels were that high.
The problem is: 1. 1800ng/dl is way over range and 2. by the end of the two weeks his levels will be back below 300ng/dl.
If his doctor knew what he was doing he would split that 200mg every two weeks shot to 100mg once a week (minimum) to stablize his test levels (and 50mg twice a week would be even better) and prevent them from dipping so low by the next shot.

The original poster's problem is different in that he is getting an unrealistically high reading from transdermal testosterone. His reading is higher than that amount of transdermal gel has the ability to boost testoserone.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Due to switching doctors AND going to see an Endo, I have had four sets of lab tests since November 2010; all from the same lab (Labcorp). In two of my tests, my total T was >1,600. The doctor freaked and wanted me off TRT.

He had me go off TRT for one month; tested me, and my total T dropped to 190, and I felt like sh$t! So, he put me back on TRT and one month later >1,600 again!!!! All I'm doing is one tube of Testim!!

He gave up and sent me to an Endocrinologist. She tested me one month later, on one tube of testim, and I was at 820. Perfect, just like I had always been at my other doctor.

All these tests mentioned above were at the same lab. I have never tested SO HIGH and SO LOW at my previous lab. Is it possible they were screwed up? How could I all of a sudden go "off the charts in both directions"??

Opinions please??
Dr is an idiot,
In these cases I would do a retest probably from contamination or lab error
TO have you removed off androge with out verification from another test is in excusable.