HELP!!! HRT diet and exercise on 200 Test Cypionate a week

Freepee

Awards
Hey guys, I am going on 200 mg test a week for hrt...
I am 29 yo healthy male, I am very active, but have gained fat especially around the midsection, final diagnosis is low t... Current workout is 1 hour agressive weight lifting, 5 times a week, 30-45 minutes fast cardio on treadmill 4 days a week, but havent gotten results on 100 mg test hrt, My Current diet is give or take a few cals but right around 2400 calories, mostly protein, and around 125-175 grams of complex and post workout carbs, healthy fats throwin in... I eat 6 small meals a day... have been doing 2 hours of walking a day (as Dr recently suggested, so cortisol wont spike with running everyday for 45 mins) but cant seem to get to 3-4 hours per day as Dr suggested... isnt this going to lead me to overtraining? Dr also wants me to consume around 2000 calories and virtually no carbs...

looking to hold on to mass (possible gain if I can do so while loosing fat) but lose fat...

My Dr thinks lowered carbs, and 3-4 hours of cardio per day and weight 4 days a week will do this?

Any help would be very appreciated... I am new to HRT been on 100 mgs for 8 weeks with little to no results at all...

Thanks in advance for your time
=)

Last edited:

Freepee

Awards
Also why is 3-4 hours of walking better than 30-45 minutes of fast paced cardio(As Dr reccommended)??? I was always under the impression if you eat more protein you will build more muscle and lose fat faster than trying to cut calories and do so much intense cardio and lowered calories... can someone please explain why some rules of logic change when using HRT??? I just wanna look great naked lol going on vacation in less than a month

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
First of all you mean 3-4 hours a week not a day,
Even with national level competitors I have trained I have cardio set at no more then an hour a day constantly having them do something different each workout..They normally do 2 days HIT or interval training (30 minutes) then 3 days of longer slower duration at 70% of the max HRT focused on total muscle tension during cardio.

I think she just wants you to get out in the sun LOL. With diet wise she is working on your gut. I recommend dr's patients 30-45 minutes in the morning and then another 30 miniutes at dusk inorder to set the proper daylight night cycle. With 100 mgs a week one could split that into 50 mgs 2 times a week to help keep the estrogen levels in check. With 200 mgs a week people tend to have e2 issues which is too much too handle. Average dosage for dr's patients are 80 mgs-120-140 mg per week (80%).
HIT in your condition could add stress to adrenals which will prevent you from losing weight in the first place. Your diet is perfect I never let males go down below 75-100 grams of carbs a day due to putting them in starvation mode. Clients eating patterns are constantly fluctuating throiugh out the week which is one of the tricks to staying lean all year round. Women are <18% BF, guy are <12% year round. I can see her logic with cardio lower stress on adrenals and keeping caloires higher is same principle I use.
I never drop caloires but will increae cardio to up to 45minutes to 1 hour a day for majority of clients then once fat loss stops then I will lower caloires. This method results in higher lean body mass >5-8% above what normally would be retained by dropping caloires and ramping up cardio. People's body will create a new set point to where they have to eat more to stay lean or then will loose muscle. It takes a good 4-5 months to retrain body, but results speak for themselves in a healther and lean physique.

On your next appointment bring up these suggestions
1. going back to 100 mgs a week but rather breaking the shot up to 2 times a week.
The standard for patients I start of on is 50 mgs m,th then retest in 5 weeks on morning before the shot to look for the mid point goal (700-1000) provided the e2 was in check 20-30 and shbg about the same as e2. Higher the shbg more e2 on can tolerate, lower the shbg lower the e2 has to be.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
200mg a week isn't HRT it's a bodybuilders cycle. At that amount you are going to have estrogen problems and though I can't prove it, I suspect you will eventually develop androgen resistance.
I've been working out for 35 years and sad to say I do not and many people just do not develop and hold strength and muscle as well as the genetically gifted. However, I can tell you from a number of years of personal experience that more testosterone or any other androgen of your chioce (deca, EQ, Tren etc.) will not solve this problem.
I don't care what anyone says, 3 to 4 hours of cardio per day is counterproductive and will only eat up all of your hard earned muscle in addition to any fat loss you may experience.

Hey guys, I am going on 200 mg test a week for hrt...
I am 29 yo healthy male, I am very active, but have gained fat especially around the midsection, final diagnosis is low t...
Seems to be some contradictions here. 5"5" and 231 with fat around the midsection and needing HRT at 29 is not Webter's definition of a healthy male
What were your test levels prior to starting HRT and 4 weeks after being on 100mg of test a week? The fat around your midsection indicates you are probably aromatizing much of your own testosterone to estrogen. There may be a possibility that just lowering your estrogen enough to allow you to lose some of the weight might kick start your natural testosterone production again.

1. Also why is 3-4 hours of walking better than 30-45 minutes of fast paced cardio(As Dr reccommended)???
2. I was always under the impression if you eat more protein you will build more muscle and lose fat faster than trying to cut calories and do so much intense cardio and lowered calories...
3. Can someone please explain why some rules of logic change when using HRT???
4. I just wanna look great naked lol going on vacation in less than a month
1. It isn't. You are getting ready to learn something that is going to change your outlook for the rest of your life. Doctor know very little when it comes to hormones or leading a healthy life style.
2. Only if you are genetically predetermined to begin with. Don't get me wrong, EVERYONE can make improvements from where they were originally, but not everyone can look like an olympic contender or even an underwear model.
3. They don't.
4. Don't we all. That's why so many of these boards exist. There are literally millions of men trying to discover that secret. A month until vacation may be not be a realistic goal. No one gets out of shape in one month and no one recovers in one month. Not trying to burst any bubbles here, but this is a long term lifestyle. It is for the rest of your life.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
200mg a week isn't HRT it's a bodybuilders cycle. At that amount you are going to have estrogen problems and though I can't prove it, I suspect you will eventually develop androgen resistance.
I've been working out for 35 years and sad to say I do not and many people just do not develop and hold strength and muscle as well as the genetically gifted. However, I can tell you from a number of years of personal experience that more testosterone or any other androgen of your chioce (deca, EQ, Tren etc.) will not solve this problem.
I don't care what anyone says, 3 to 4 hours of cardio per day is counterproductive and will only eat up all of your hard earned muscle in addition to any fat loss you may experience.

Seems to be some contradictions here. 5"5" and 231 with fat around the midsection and needing HRT at 29 is not Webter's definition of a healthy male
What were your test levels prior to starting HRT and 4 weeks after being on 100mg of test a week? The fat around your midsection indicates you are probably aromatizing much of your own testosterone to estrogen. There may be a possibility that just lowering your estrogen enough to allow you to lose some of the weight might kick start your natural testosterone production again.

1. It isn't. You are getting ready to learn something that is going to change your outlook for the rest of your life. Doctor know very little when it comes to hormones or leading a healthy life style.
2. Only if you are genetically predetermined to begin with. Don't get me wrong, EVERYONE can make improvements from where they were originally, but not everyone can look like an olympic contender or even an underwear model.
3. They don't.
4. Don't we all. That's why so many of these boards exist. There are literally millions of men trying to discover that secret. A month until vacation may be not be a realistic goal. No one gets out of shape in one month and no one recovers in one month. Not trying to burst any bubbles here, but this is a long term lifestyle. It is for the rest of your life.

Can you elaborate a bit on androgen resistance in general? It's an interesting topic to me, I'd like to know a bit more about it. I seem to recall you mentioning a while ago that the guys who respond well to high doses of "trt" (i put it in " because at high doses it's questionable whether it's therapy anymore) were ones who are predispositioned to respond well to resistance training in general. However I'm curious how androgen resistance fits into the equation, and how long it takes for one to develop it...

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Can you elaborate a bit on androgen resistance in general? It's an interesting topic to me, I'd like to know a bit more about it. I seem to recall you mentioning a while ago that the guys who respond well to high doses of "trt" (i put it in " because at high doses it's questionable whether it's therapy anymore) were ones who are predispositioned to respond well to resistance training in general. However I'm curious how androgen resistance fits into the equation, and how long it takes for one to develop it...
Androgen resistance is a term I thought that I had coined in response to describing a subset of males who do not respond to supraphysiological doses of testosterone the way the majority of males do.
If you peruse the AAS section of any bodybuilding board on the internet, these men are usally the ones being accused of using bunk gear. And why not? If you took 400mg of testosterone and say 30mg of dianabol for 8 weeks and your bench went from say for examle 250 to 365, wouldn't you assume everyone would repond in a similar fashion?
Unfortunately, for some males it just doesn't work that way. So then, the next attack comes that you aren't eating properly. Well that doesn't explain THAT guy that everyone seems to know who works out haphazardly, drinks excessivly every weekend, doesn't care what he eats and yet looks like the early stages of a Mr Olympia contender. Nor does it explain those men in prison who get nowhere near the recommended protein intake and only eat at best 3 times a day who have 20" plus arms without access to steroids.
Since the medical community has no interest in proving the benefits of supraphysiological doses of androgens in athletes to improve musculature or performance, I don't believe any testing has been done that would prove androgen resistance among otherwise healthy males. However, there is a condition known as Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome which prevents males from developing normal genitalia. So here is an extreme reaction to androgen resistance. What about the possibilities of varying degees that don't produce this harsh of a reaction?
I believe this is somehow similar to type two diabetes where someone functions quite normally until they are 30, 40 or 50 and then all of the sudden out of the blue, they can't process sugar the way they used to. However, in the case of androgens these males function quite normally on their own levels of testosterone, but somehow cannot process higher than normal levels of testosterone.

Freepee

Awards
Thanks for all the replies... I am on arimidex as well to control Estrogen levels... And it was 3-4 hours a day of fast walking she advised... however I cant seem to find time to do more than 2 hours, plus an hour of intense lifting, its draining, and with her idea of no carb diet, I know this will lead to overtraining in the real world but on HRT what will this do to me?

Plain and simple, to cut bf and retain or build muscle what would you guys reccomend on 200 a week?

My idea is 2400 calories (hi pro, carbs around 125-175) and 30-45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week (not walking, but jogging/sprinting hit) Lifting 5 days a week

VS

Her idea- 2000 calories no carbs, 3-4 hours a day fast walking cardio, lifting 4 times a week...

Besides a fat stomach I really dont have much fat anywhere else...

Freepee

Awards
First of all you mean 3-4 hours a week not a day,

I can see her logic with cardio lower stress on adrenals and keeping caloires higher is same principle I use.

I never drop caloires but will increae cardio to up to 45minutes to 1 hour a day for majority of clients then once fat loss stops then I will lower caloires.

1- 3-4 hours a day was the advised method every day

2- I see the logic in the cardio as well... but DR wants me to LOWER calories, not keep calories higher as you stated (and I think is better as well)... maybe there was some confusion in my post if so I apologise.... but she wants to lower calories (and go zero carbs)and raise cardio lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also why is 3-4 hours of walking better than 30-45 minutes of fast paced cardio(As Dr reccommended)??? I was always under the impression if you eat more protein you will build more muscle and lose fat faster than trying to cut calories and do so much intense cardio and lowered calories... can someone please explain why some rules of logic change when using HRT??? I just wanna look great naked lol going on vacation in less than a month
I'm not sure why you'd think that going high protein would help lose fat without also clipping calories, but it doesn't. Even the general doctor suggestion of raising protein is based on normal peoples diets, where often people get well under 100g of protein a day. If you were already in the 200g+ range a day, raising it will do 0 for you.

The only logic I can think of for the 3-4 hours of walking is that the doctor believes you have other issues (knee arthritis? high blood pressure?) to where she doesnt want to see you doing high intensity cardio, but does want you to burn that many calories.

Besides a fat stomach I really dont have much fat anywhere else...
I simply don't believe that, at your height and weight. You have to be carrying a fair bit of fat.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure why you'd think that going high protein would help lose fat without also clipping calories, but it doesn't. Even the general doctor suggestion of raising protein is based on normal peoples diets, where often people get well under 100g of protein a day. If you were already in the 200g+ range a day, raising it will do 0 for you.

The only logic I can think of for the 3-4 hours of walking is that the doctor believes you have other issues (knee arthritis? high blood pressure?) to where she doesnt want to see you doing high intensity cardio, but does want you to burn that many calories.

I simply don't believe that, at your height and weight. You have to be carrying a fair bit of fat.
5'5 231 BF at around 30%

Freepee

Awards
i am 5'5, 20 percent bodyfat... and I blew out my knee in the playoffs last year, had reconstructive surgery on it...

I only carry fat in my stomach... its terrible, im solid everywhere else lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i am 5'5, 20 percent bodyfat... and I blew out my knee in the playoffs last year, had reconstructive surgery on it...

I only carry fat in my stomach... its terrible, im solid everywhere else lol
Cortisol, e2 or gh issue,

BCAAS will help burn stubborn intravisceral fat in abdominal. I use them in all my Athletes protcols

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established