Vitamin D???

4evathrowed

Awards
Does vitamin d affect libido semen and erection quality.I've noticed over the winter my overall energy level well being brain function went down the drain.When before winter I could walk 10 miles nonstop everday and get a erection when I seen a girl I liked and masturbated.Now I can barely keep a erection masturbating and it's hard to ejaculate and very little comes out.And I don't feel like doing anything and i'm depressed sometimes.And i'm deficient in vitamin d with a level of 21 I heard that anything under 35 is considered deficient.I've also gained 18 pounds since the beginning of this summer gained most of it in winter.

4evathrowed

Awards
Anyone???Knows if low vitamin d affects sexual health

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Men that had higher levels of Vitamin D had higher levels of testosterone. Vitamin D is anti-oestrogenic in specific tissues. Vitamin D delays genetic aging. Weight loss is faster with Vitamin D. In short, Vitamin D is vital to sexual and muscular health, particulary in men it seems.

codered5

Awards
Men that had higher levels of Vitamin D had higher levels of testosterone. Vitamin D is anti-oestrogenic in specific tissues. Vitamin D delays genetic aging. Weight loss is faster with Vitamin D. In short, Vitamin D is vital to sexual and muscular health, particulary in men it seems.
^^This

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Don't know your age but I would consider raising your Vitamin D levels not to only 35 ng/ml but to between 50 and 70. I found because of my age, I need to take 15,000 IUs ED to reach my goal of 70. I do believe it helps me not just to stay healthy in so many ways but I feel better now in the gym and in the bedroom.

codered5

Awards
Yeah I take 3-4000 iUs a day....some people would say the 15000 is way too much, but I am not sure...I mean your skin produces approximately 10,000 ius from a half hour of sunlight.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Some oldschool docs and big-pharma stooges try their best to scare you away from any reasonable quantities of D3. There is data available that suggest the toxic borderline is somewhere between 100,000 and 140,000 ED. Its a cinch that those who spend all day in the sun seem to have an automatic, internal shut-off valve which caps off the amount taken in by the body in one day.

Bob Jones

Awards
Some oldschool docs and big-pharma stooges try their best to scare you away from any reasonable quantities of D3. There is data available that suggest the toxic borderline is somewhere between 100,000 and 140,000 ED. Its a cinch that those who spend all day in the sun seem to have an automatic, internal shut-off valve which caps off the amount taken in by the body in one day.
There have been cases of vitamin D poisoning in the past , not sure what the dosage was .

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I take 3-4000 iUs a day....some people would say the 15000 is way too much, but I am not sure...I mean your skin produces approximately 10,000 ius from a half hour of sunlight.[

your thinking is highly flawed. Many clients I had thought they get enough vitamin d from 4-5 hours a day from Florida or arizona sun. They had some of the lowest levels I came across.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I take 3-4000 iUs a day....some people would say the 15000 is way too much, but I am not sure...I mean your skin produces approximately 10,000 ius from a half hour of sunlight.
your thinking is highly flawed. Many clients I had thought they get enough vitamin d from 4-5 hours a day from Florida or arizona sun. They had some of the lowest levels I came across.
Damn - that's what I thought too! :11:

I'm in South Louisiana and I spend A LOT of time in the sun. And when I go on business trips - i work on ships - and spend A LOT of time in the sun.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
There have been cases of vitamin D poisoning in the past , not sure what the dosage was .
I would be very interested in reading about any such documented events. See what has been repeatedly proven is that there are NONE in the case of D3 ie cholecalciferol but there are a few in the case of D2 ie ergocalciferol. D2 of course is the synthetic, not natural version of Vitamin D that is provided by most (not all) doctors in weekly 50,000 IU shots (after being duped by Big Pharma or lured by the almighty $). This excerpt from vitaminDcouncl.org gives the best known example involving D3.
" the only documented case of pharmacological—not industrial—toxicity from cholecalciferol we could find in the literature was intoxication from an over-the-counter supplement called Prolongevity. Koutkia P, Chen TC, Holick MF. Vitamin D intoxication associated with an over-the-counter supplement. N Engl J Med. 2001 Jul 5;345(1):66–7. On closer inspection, it seemed more like an industrial accident but it was interesting because it gave us some idea of the safety of cholecalciferol. The capsules consumed contained up to 430 times the amount of cholecalciferol contained on the label (2,000 IU). The man had been taking between 156,000–2,604,000 IU of cholecalciferol a day (equivalent to between 390–6,500 of the 400 unit capsules) for two years. He recovered uneventfully after proper diagnosis, treatment with steroids, and sunscreen."
There are also cases of a person's D3 levels skyrocketing not from supplementation but from illnesses such as, hypersensitivity as with hyperparathyroidism which causes hypercalcemia and some carcinomas, non-Hodgkins lymphoma etc. Reportedly these can even occur when you have low levels of D3.

codered5

Awards
Yeah I take 3-4000 iUs a day....some people would say the 15000 is way too much, but I am not sure...I mean your skin produces approximately 10,000 ius from a half hour of sunlight.[

I didn't say anything about the absorption rate, I just mentioned what the average production is through the skin...just bc my body produces the 10,000 ius does not mean I am absorbing that much...you need things like calcium to help absorb. And yes, ironically Florida has about the worst vitamin D levels in the US

codered5

Awards
And additionally, just like Dutchman states, people who are out in the sun all day, their body turns off D production to protect them after a while.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
And additionally, just like Dutchman states, people who are out in the sun all day, their body turns off D production to protect them after a while.
More so its a genetic defect they are finding out due to stress alterations in our genes. People in the south pacific have vitamin D levels in the upper 90 to 100. Why? They do not have stress and exposure to toxins we have.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Also, if I recall from a lecture by Dr. Michael Holick, locations that are north of Atlanta, GA don't receive enough direct sunlight to stimulate vitamin D production during the winter months. The angle of the sun is too oblique for UVB to reach us, even though we can still be sunburnt from UVA.

RPHMark

Awards
Some recent info suggests vit D may be better thought of as a hormone than a vitamin anyway. There are definite connections with sexual health, just not well defined.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
yeah since it is a derivative of cholesterol...if you can't get sunlight, use supplements, but eating mushrooms consistently gives me a noticeable boost in mood, libido, and skin health.

jin

jin

Awards
  • Established
readin this, i am gonna up my daily dose from 5-6000 to 10000ius daily.

Bob Jones

Awards
I sure there is something to this vitamin d stuff , but i think it is over stated .
If you drink milk you are getting Vitamin d anyway . Basically it sounds like snake oil to me .

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I sure there is something to this vitamin d stuff , but i think it is over stated .
If you drink milk you are getting Vitamin d anyway . Basically it sounds like snake oil to me .
You are truly misinformed as is the general population.

Fact the 2 countries that have highest milk consumption have the higest risk of bone disorders. USA and Norway.

I think american's who are mislead by traditional medicine and brain washing from watching milk commercials are where the problem lies.

You have to drink 8 classes of milk to get the any where a descent amount of vitamin D. Your body then has to break the milk down which many americans have allergies to dairy products making it impossible to get vitamin D in the first place. Then one has to worry about the exposure to hormones and unwanted estrogens.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
could be the extra lbs and the lack of vitD. i woul rec 5000iu ED.
I have been doign this for years now.