Axiron

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27%

Question Axiron

Hi to everyone I am new to AM and might have better luck in this area . I am 35 have had a real bad 7 years with a thyroid condition my tsh was 290. Hypo and now I am finally on the right dose of synthroid . I have battling my weight and fatigue even with the tsh levels about normal and the t3 and t4 levels also normal. I have recently been given Axiron a topical testosterone applied under arm pit a 30mg . I wanted to know if this dose will help me in the gym to lose body fat and gain good muscle gains. I would appreciate any good sound advice and knowledge. I understand this is a new product but do most topicals work the same way. I can administer up to 120 mg a day. I chose this because of the cost compared to getting injections thru DR office. Thank you

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.99%

If your T has been low for a long time, a dose that brings it into the normal range is indeed likely to bring dramatic gains in the gym. I gained 7 lb of muscle in my first 6 weeks on TRT. As far as dosage, Axion's a new product and you might have to experiment. Did your Dr schedule follow-up bloodwork for you?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27%

Thank you for the response and yes 2 months from now. I just got the prescription yesterday and for $25 bucks a month it is a bargain but again not sure about dose. I have read the pre test results from lilly and most men did very well with T levels coming back at 60mg a day . One application in each arm pit. I am excited to finally feel like a man and see some gains in the gym. I was also prior to the script using tri-methyl X 2010 But I will no longer need to take that. It took some time to get on a TRT and had to wait on this product to be available. Should I take an estrogen blocker also. And is there a good OTC someone can recommend. Thank you again hard being a newbeeeee
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.99%

I would not take an estrogen blocker right away. Best to see how your body responds to the T first, and keep in mind that it might be (will probably be) several weeks before you reach a steady state and really know how you're reacting. Some guys never need one.

If you decide you do need an OTC AI product, lots of guys seem to like PES Erase.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by drexel View Post
    If your T has been low for a long time, a dose that brings it into the normal range is indeed likely to bring dramatic gains in the gym. I gained 7 lb of muscle in my first 6 weeks on TRT. As far as dosage, Axion's a new product and you might have to experiment. Did your Dr schedule follow-up bloodwork for you?
    that's awesome. How about fat loss? Noticeable leaning out?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27%

Ok thank you and I will see what happens. One other thing I have been taking a milk thistle during the use of tri methyl X should I continue to take with the topical test.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27%

And your gains are awesome , hope I can expect the same. And I to am intrested to know if your body fat came down as quickly as your muscle gains came on. My problem is only around my gut like many.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.99%

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    that's awesome. How about fat loss? Noticeable leaning out?
    Some. It wasn't quite as dramatic as it is for some guys just because I wasn't in bad shape initially -- probably around 17-18% bf, my diet had been pretty clean for a year when I first started -- but my face got noticeably leaner after a month or so, and I got a little more definition around abs etc.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27%

Thank you for your input
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Damian13 View Post
    I have recently been given Axiron a topical testosterone applied under arm pit a 30mg . I wanted to know if this dose will help me in the gym to lose body fat and gain good muscle gains. Thank you
    Nobody can predict what this will do for you until you get your blood work done. It is very important at this phase that you don't experiment. Make sure you do your labs and let your doctor decide from there. This includes the use of AI's. You will only hurt your progress if you assume you need an AI and jump on one haphazardly. If your doctor doesn't check your estrogen, you can test it yourself fairly cheaply at LabCorp.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27%

Ok thank you for your input much appreciated .

Similar Forum Threads

1. Axiron vs. Testim
    By infinitiifx in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 07:19 PM