Is my vitamin d too low???

4evathrowed

Awards
They said my Vitamin D is 21 I was prescribed 50,000 units twice a week.What level should it be at and what are the effects of low vitamin d.

4evathrowed

Awards
Matrix what do you think bro I hear 17.8 and under is considered deficient not low and 21 is close to it.A endo gave me a blood test due to being tired,cold intolerance,brain fog low libido delayed orgasm and very little ejaculate.He tested my igf-1,testosterone,thyroid,white cell blood count,cortisol vitamin d prolactin and hematocrit.And they said everything was normal except for my vitamin d and they gave me a 50,000 unit vitamin d supplement.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix what do you think bro I hear 17.8 and under is considered deficient not low and 21 is close to it.A endo gave me a blood test due to being tired,cold intolerance,brain fog low libido delayed orgasm and very little ejaculate.He tested my igf-1,testosterone,thyroid,white cell blood count,cortisol vitamin d prolactin and hematocrit.And they said everything was normal except for my vitamin d and they gave me a 50,000 unit vitamin d supplement.
I know vitamin d can regulate igf-1 signalling
I am not comfortable with a Dr saying its normal.
Normal is not healthy as I have seen from perosonal experience. This is why many dr's patient or clients end up on my door step because "I am in the normal range" Normal for one person is heathy for another. That is like saying one shoe can fit people from size 5 through 10. How is that possible

When it comes to vitamin D there are alot of factors need to be examined.
I have seen a study saying vitamin d raised in fat people will reduce insulin resistance and raising it to higher levels in lean peopel can decrease insulin sensitivity which is not good. I need to proper examine the individual's case to know what recommendation should be made. There are alot of criteria which needs to be examined.

Taking large dosages of one fat soluable vitamins can cause an imbalance in others as well as depleting calicum. Proper magnesium need to be avaliable for vitamin D to do its job as well. As you can see there is a huge synergistic effect.

4evathrowed

Awards
Is that considered low or deficient my vitamin d that is.I hear 80 ng/ml is optimal.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Is that considered low or deficient my vitamin d that is.I hear 80 ng/ml is optimal.
Depends on the person biochemistry. I do not know your past medical history or any other crucial facts.

Optimal for one may be dangerous for another it depends on their physiological and what other things may be out of balance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 2
Supplements 4
horizons Supplements 62
Supplements 16
Nis1 Supplements 36