When to Reduce E2

scouseman

Awards
Hi Guys at what level is it recommended to start reducing you E2 levels?
Although I am within the lab reference range I am suffering from poor erections and no morning wood. Here are my labs:
8.00am 15 nmol/L ref 12-22
+5 hours 5.6 nmol/L ref 5-9
+5 hours 3.5 nmol/L ref 3-7
+5 hours (prior to sleep) 2 nmolL ref 1-3

Total 26.1 nmol/L - (21-41 nmol/L reference range)
DHEA am 4.1 pm 3.2 (reference range 0.4 - 1.47) (HIGH)

TSH <0.35 µU/mL 0.3-4.5
T3 free 2.70 pg/mL 2.1-4.2
T4 free 1.1 ng/dL 0.7-1.8
RT3 0.15 pmol/ml 0.15 - 0.54

Ab to thyroglobulin 7 U/mL <100Neg
Anti-TPO 1 U/mL <16Neg
LH 5.0 mIU/mL 3-18
FSH 2.5 mIU/mL 2-15
Estradiol 22 pg/mL <30
Testosterone (HIGH) 7195 pg/mL 1000-5000
Testosteron free 185 pg/mL 50-280
S.H.B.G. (HIGH) 73 pmol/mL 20-55
Pregnenolone 7.55 ng/mL 3.90-13.50
Androstanediol-gluc 6.08 ng/mL 3.4-22
DHEA sulfate 109 µg/dL 8-135
Somatomedin-C (IGF-1) (LOW) 126 ng/mL 140-410

Any suggestions or advice would be great. thx

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
interesting results on the free test which is in the normal range yet your shbg is out of range ie high
as i understand it the higher the shbg the less free test but yours seems adequate.

just think if you reduced your shbg , youd have a lot more free test available and its that , that counts.

sry it doesnt answer your question but just thought id comment on that,

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When dealing shbg elevated you need to find out what is causing it.
1. intestinal malabsorption (food allegies, inflammed wall, ect)
2. Low protein, low carbs, low fat consumption or due to number one
3. Excessive inflammation some where in the body
4. Bacterial dysbiosis
5. Certain meds - thyroid, ect (reference medication guide) T-3 is biggest culprit
6. prostate issues - prolong prostatitis, BPH, altered 2/16,4 OHE ratio
7. low igf-1 out put or gh turn over
8. Low insulin or malfunctiioning insulin levels.
9. EFA in balances
List goes on and on

These are just some of the few.
Again look at the root cause rather problem with many traditional drs.
In these cases working with medical drs I tend to start looking at the entire picture, detailed eating plan to look at what factors could have been.

Just a few months a go I was on a call with a dr from cynergenics with a client of mine.
Asking the same question about shbg, Later I found out that there were 40 drs on the same call because they could not figure out what was causing it. With in 3 minutes of asking the right question I knew it was the slight dosage of t-3 combined with the armour which where the culprit. Just to CYA I reference a few studies showing this in clinical journals. People that are on thyroid and shbg raises just means that we are not thyroid resistant as well as we respond well to meds. There are articles backing this up on humans in clincal studies.

Again you left out valuable information that you are on thyroid replacement mainly t-3 because any DR that has half a brain can tell that your TSH is suppressed and rt3 is down. This is why I cring at giving information to people on line because they never tell you the whole story. Missing these vital pieces of the information could end up some yo yo giving you wrong information.

Having well over 3000 clinical hours working with Dr's patient under medical supervision, I have dealt with just about every cause one could imagine whether its heavy metals, dysbiosis, HRT, depression, Aids, cancer. You name it I have come across it one form or another. Your case would be a walk in the park compared to others, but there needs to be more information. People using t-3 only are totally missing the boat and looking for a quick fix only resulting in creating more problems. I see these case time and time again, right now you are paying the price because of it unfortunately

BTW I have been through the gammit on a personal level so I done t-3 only and it made me worse. I know have high shbg but I am using measures to counter it till I dig deeper into the probably cause which is most likely in my gut. Alot of guys are looking for releive in a pill or in a shot need to look at other areas since most of them still feel like crap..Right there should tell you something.

scouseman

Awards
When dealing shbg elevated you need to find out what is causing it.
1. intestinal malabsorption (food allegies, inflammed wall, ect)
2. Low protein, low carbs, low fat consumption or due to number one
3. Excessive inflammation some where in the body
4. Bacterial dysbiosis
5. Certain meds - thyroid, ect (reference medication guide) T-3 is biggest culprit
6. prostate issues - prolong prostatitis, BPH, altered 2/16,4 OHE ratio
7. low igf-1 out put or gh turn over
8. Low insulin or malfunctiioning insulin levels.
9. EFA in balances
List goes on and on

These are just some of the few.
Again look at the root cause rather problem with many traditional drs.
In these cases working with medical drs I tend to start looking at the entire picture, detailed eating plan to look at what factors could have been.

Just a few months a go I was on a call with a dr from cynergenics with a client of mine.
Asking the same question about shbg, Later I found out that there were 40 drs on the same call because they could not figure out what was causing it. With in 3 minutes of asking the right question I knew it was the slight dosage of t-3 combined with the armour which where the culprit. Just to CYA I reference a few studies showing this in clinical journals. People that are on thyroid and shbg raises just means that we are not thyroid resistant as well as we respond well to meds. There are articles backing this up on humans in clincal studies.

Again you left out valuable information that you are on thyroid replacement mainly t-3 because any DR that has half a brain can tell that your TSH is suppressed and rt3 is down. This is why I cring at giving information to people on line because they never tell you the whole story. Missing these vital pieces of the information could end up some yo yo giving you wrong information.

Having well over 3000 clinical hours working with Dr's patient under medical supervision, I have dealt with just about every cause one could imagine whether its heavy metals, dysbiosis, HRT, depression, Aids, cancer. You name it I have come across it one form or another. Your case would be a walk in the park compared to others, but there needs to be more information. People using t-3 only are totally missing the boat and looking for a quick fix only resulting in creating more problems. I see these case time and time again, right now you are paying the price because of it unfortunately

BTW I have been through the gammit on a personal level so I done t-3 only and it made me worse. I know have high shbg but I am using measures to counter it till I dig deeper into the probably cause which is most likely in my gut. Alot of guys are looking for releive in a pill or in a shot need to look at other areas since most of them still feel like crap..Right there should tell you something.
Matrix, you are spot on,I am currently taking 12.5mcg of T3, it is the only thing I use. Before I started T3 I had high t4 and low t3, I went on one of the thyroid forums and everybody said I had high Reverse T3. Stupidly I started T3 without having my reverse T3 tested. I have to admit though I had erections problems long before I started T3. I cannot say I felt any different on t3 at all and I hoped it would balance my thyroid better. I never for one minute put my high shbg down to the t3, thx for that

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix, you are spot on,I am currently taking 12.5mcg of T3, it is the only thing I use. Before I started T3 I had high t4 and low t3, I went on one of the thyroid forums and everybody said I had high Reverse T3. Stupidly I started T3 without having my reverse T3 tested. I have to admit though I had erections problems long before I started T3. I cannot say I felt any different on t3 at all and I hoped it would balance my thyroid better. I never for one minute put my high shbg down to the t3, thx for that
And you wonder why the medical system so un educated. People will try to tarnish or down me but its them with the problem not me. Yes I am not a Dr, but does not stop me from educating them :)

scouseman

Awards
Matrix, it is interesting that you mention the gut, as I have quiet a strong suspicion that I have a yeast infection in my gut, most probably candida, symptoms being bloating, wind (bad enough to strip the wall paper) and a shocking sugary/carb cravings at night. As a result I have ordered Enzymedica Candidase & Enzymedica Pro Bio hopefully they will help my gut.
Would armour on it's own have the same effect on my shbg as stand alone T3? I am very keen to keep my thyroid optimised.
I suppose one test I did miss out was Prolactin, which may be worth getting tested. As it appears there is nothing that stand out which could be causing the errection problems.
Cheers

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix, it is interesting that you mention the gut, as I have quiet a strong suspicion that I have a yeast infection in my gut, most probably candida, symptoms being bloating, wind (bad enough to strip the wall paper) and a shocking sugary/carb cravings at night. As a result I have ordered Enzymedica Candidase & Enzymedica Pro Bio hopefully they will help my gut.
Would armour on it's own have the same effect on my shbg as stand alone T3? I am very keen to keep my thyroid optimised.
I suppose one test I did miss out was Prolactin, which may be worth getting tested. As it appears there is nothing that stand out which could be causing the errection problems.
Cheers
Yep it may do it but my suspicion is to hit the gut which I am master of since it is center of recovery stories for alot of drs patients on hrt feeling like crap as well as guy that have low testosterone. With one may be 2 test I can have answers drs can not answer. Why I am one of the best metabolic dectives out there ;) Alot more drs have been contacting me about wanting to work with me in the past month or so

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Being a gut expert so to speak matix, what do you think of NOW foods 8 billion acidophilus bifidus as a supp?

I've been taking two a day, once in the am once later in the evening for a few years now, and I dunno about bloating and all the other good stuff, but I can say for sure I've never had any sort of gas/diarrhea problems, not a single one since I started taking them a few years ago.

scouseman

Awards
Yep it may do it but my suspicion is to hit the gut which I am master of since it is center of recovery stories for alot of drs patients on hrt feeling like crap as well as guy that have low testosterone. With one may be 2 test I can have answers drs can not answer. Why I am one of the best metabolic dectives out there ;) Alot more drs have been contacting me about wanting to work with me in the past month or so
Hi Matrix,

I was going to private message you but I have not made enough posts yet :(

I wonder if you could possible tell me what tests I need in order to find out what is wrong with my gut. I live in the Uk so I do not have access to the full range of tests available to residents of USA.

One thing I have tried is is Source Naturals Betaine HCL which are 650mg of HCL, I can take 10 of these without any effect, I have not tried anymore than that.

Cheers
scouseman

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 7
Supplements 14
Supplements 2
Supplements 1
Supplements 28