Injections: bi-weekly vs. weekly

TylerDurden7

Awards
I'm currently on 150 mg Test Cyp shot once weekly. Does anyone have any experience and feedback they would care to share regarding bi-weekly injections and how it makes them feel? Would there be any acne relief from splitting a 150 mg dose in half and injecting every 3.5 days?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on 150 mg Test Cyp shot once weekly. Does anyone have any experience and feedback they would care to share regarding bi-weekly injections and how it makes them feel? Would there be any acne relief from splitting a 150 mg dose in half and injecting every 3.5 days?
not necessarily. some will argue 2x/week is better(keeps blood levels more stable) but its really individual dependent and how fast your body metabolizes it. i personally go 2x/week and never tried once per week.

how do you feel by the 6th day? if you still feel pretty good then once per week is prolly ok for you. best thing to do is try to get bw say day after inj and then again 6th day and compare the 2. or just go to 2x/week and see how you feel. there are plenty of guys who go every 5th, 6th or 7th day and seem to be happy.

as for the acne some people get it some dont. mine is mild at trt dose. if i bump up a bit i break out pretty badly on the shopulders/upper back

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
not necessarily. some will argue 2x/week is better(keeps blood levels more stable) but its really individual dependent and how fast your body metabolizes it. i personally go 2x/week and never tried once per week.

how do you feel by the 6th day? if you still feel pretty good then once per week is prolly ok for you. best thing to do is try to get bw say day after inj and then again 6th day and compare the 2. or just go to 2x/week and see how you feel. there are plenty of guys who go every 5th, 6th or 7th day and seem to be happy.

as for the acne some people get it some dont. mine is mild at trt dose. if i bump up a bit i break out pretty badly on the shopulders/upper back
Increasing frequently of shots will result in more stable levels aof both e2 and testosterone. Many Dr's patients I have work with have been able to reduce there AI or discontinue it from using this method.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Increasing frequently of shots will result in more stable levels aof both e2 and testosterone. Many Dr's patients I have work with have been able to reduce there AI or discontinue it from using this method.
i rarely use an ai. like every 5th-6th day

TylerDurden7

Awards
Thank you all for the feedback. I think I will give the bi-weekly injections a shot. By the 7th day post inject my #s have come in around 700ng/dl. This sounds like a good number but the whole week still feels like somewhat of a rollercoaster (granted nothing like 200mg every other week) I would love to stay right at around 900- 1,000 consistently. I'm wondering if 75mg every 3.5 days would be better to achieve this or maybe 100mg every 5 days.

ordawg1

Awards
I spilt mine also when just doing HRT. Monday morning-Thurday evening- Sub Q. Levels stay even. But- at times I'll bump a dose and go one ml/ 200 mg IM. That is when the spouse and I are on a vaction and I need extra. YMMV. This is jsut for my HRT stuff- not other if I am cycling

helpmeplease

Awards
That reminds me of a question I have had- what do you guys do when you go on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks? Do they let you take all the stuff on your carry on? Or do you pack it as protected as possible in your luggage?

And even worse, what about those guys who don't self-administer??

TylerDurden7

Awards
When on vacation I have always packed my stuff in a carry on without any problems. As long as you've got a script youre good! If you dont self administer, I think its worthwhile to look into and reseach just so you know for future reference