question for Matrix

F

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
Hey Matrix I saw that before you wrote that GI issues could be a major cause of low test levels, can you elaborate on that?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not Matrix but will chime in one the little I know.

Dysbiosis is potentially a serious risk factor for poor estrogen metabolism through the Beta-Glucoronidase enzyme, it doesn't get excreted the way it should. In turn estrogen levels become higher and lower testosterone levels through aromatase.

Any gut issue that results in inflammation could cause a rise in CRP and cortisol, lowering testosterone levels via that pathway.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am not Matrix but will chime in one the little I know.

Dysbiosis is potentially a serious risk factor for poor estrogen metabolism through the , it doesn't get excreted the way it should. In turn estrogen levels become higher and lower testosterone levels through aromatase.

Any gut issue that results in inflammation could cause a rise in CRP and cortisol, lowering testosterone levels via that pathway.
Bingo he hit in on the head.
More so the lack of stomach acid produced from PPI can open the door to major health issues as well as pathogenic bacteria with in the GI tract which can cause irriation as well as malabsorption. I just had a person on PPI for years, After evaluation of nutreval there major dybsiois and malabsiorption of proteins in GI tract. I ran a parasite test and it was negative except for little candida. I saw abnormal readings in immune system for longest time as well as other hormonal issues. Then it dawned on me to check for h pylori and BINGO levels where off the charts. This was explaining his nutritional imbalances, needed huge amounts of thyroid medicine. He now on the Tripple protocol for removing the bacteria. Again you need to look for root cause. All my patients and clients with altered gut issue are on calicum d glucurate to protect about Beta-Glucoronidase enzyme to prevent estrogen build up as well as cancer. Instead of less stomach acid you need more stomach acid !! Correcting gut issues have restored hormone function in many patients and clients.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Out of interest Matrix, as you test for GI pathologies what is a typical protocol for restoring HCL levels if someone has a history of gastric ulcers- I assume they would need to heal 100% before supplementing with Betaine HCL (if you were going to)?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Out of interest Matrix, as you test for GI pathologies what is a typical protocol for restoring HCL levels if someone has a history of gastric ulcers- I assume they would need to heal 100% before supplementing with Betaine HCL (if you were going to)?
Use plant based enzyme would be first move with alot of glutamine to help stomach and intestinal mucosa to heal. There are herbs that do help healing of the wall. Low cortisol levels can prevent healing of mucosa. There is a specific protocol with individual modificaitons I use to help heal the GI tract.

identify pathogens
remove pathogens
rebuild
remineralize
repopulate

People with compromised GI tract are wasting money on supplements as I found out with last nutritional testing. As i am currently dealing with several pathogen in the bowel as we speak after 7 years of dealing with BS medical professionals.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like a 4R/5R healing programme.

Have you had any success with cabbage juice following old research from Dr Cheney? Zinc-carnosine supplements seem to be taking off despite success rates being much lower than those in Cheney's studies.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a 4R/5R healing programme.

Have you had any success with cabbage juice following old research from Dr Cheney? Zinc-carnosine supplements seem to be taking off despite success rates being much lower than those in Cheney's studies.
zinc carosine has been around for several years for peptic ulcers. Due to sulfur issues one needs to be careful of concentrated cabbage juice. When dealing with gut similar to autism you need to make sure proper liver pathways are balanced or it can cause major issues. This is why it can get very tricky and without looking at all factors people may get better but never get well. ..

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried cabbage juice to compare it to vitamin U + glutamine supplementation?

I looked around to find the amount of vitamin U in a standard white cabbage but couldn't find it. The juice has really helped me from a lot of ulcerative tissue but if the capsule form has the same effect it would be easier to continue with as the original studies called for .5 pint QID if I remember correctly.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap!!! I'm going to take two more years of college and then come back and try to read this thread.

"Momma said stupid is as stupid does"; I don't think youre stupid Forrest.....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried cabbage juice to compare it to vitamin U + glutamine supplementation?

I looked around to find the amount of vitamin U in a standard white cabbage but couldn't find it. The juice has really helped me from a lot of ulcerative tissue but if the capsule form has the same effect it would be easier to continue with as the original studies called for .5 pint QID if I remember correctly.
Reason cabbage help is probably due to sulfur in it. MSM may be compatible :think:

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought the conclusion of the studies was something along the lines of "we conclude cabbage juice to be helpful in the healing of gastric ulcers due to the 'vitamin u' and glutamine content." Maybe there was a probably in there and it was nothing more than a hypothesis.

If I remember correctly the average hospital stay for an ulcer patient treated with .5 pint QID was 4 days compared to 30 days for those on traditional anti ulcer medication (this was decades ago now). When I looked into ulcerative healing time I couldn't find a single ingredient that matched up to this. Maybe it is counterproductive trying to isolate one compound within a vegetable when the study was done on the whole vegetable, not the single ingredient.

F

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
makes alot of sense. I never experienced low hormonal levels until I started a prescribed prilosec regimen for 5 years!! I actually started to experience prostate issues while on the prilosec. 5 years ago I went away on vacation for a few days and forgot the prilosec. Believe it or not my symptoms improved dramatically in about 3 days. Right then and there I stopped proton pump inhibitors. I mentioned this to GI doc and he said it did not make sense. At one time I got a biopsy and tested positive for H PYLORI at which point I took horse pills for. I strongly believe in the correlation between the prilosec causing me to get prostate issues (prostatitis) which in turn lowered my high normal test levels to low normal. I have seen a few urologist in my area and at the University of Penn who pretty much just wrote me off and want to prescribe anti DHT meds. I won't use them. 1 URO prescribed test for me but was only giving me 1 shot a month. I had to go through a anti aging clinic just to feel normal again. I am glad I can find answers here. Thanks guys!!!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
makes alot of sense. I never experienced low hormonal levels until I started a prescribed prilosec regimen for 5 years!! I actually started to experience prostate issues while on the prilosec. 5 years ago I went away on vacation for a few days and forgot the prilosec. Believe it or not my symptoms improved dramatically in about 3 days. Right then and there I stopped proton pump inhibitors. I mentioned this to GI doc and he said it did not make sense. At one time I got a biopsy and tested positive for H PYLORI at which point I took horse pills for. I strongly believe in the correlation between the prilosec causing me to get prostate issues (prostatitis) which in turn lowered my high normal test levels to low normal. I have seen a few urologist in my area and at the University of Penn who pretty much just wrote me off and want to prescribe anti DHT meds. I won't use them. 1 URO prescribed test for me but was only giving me 1 shot a month. I had to go through a anti aging clinic just to feel normal again. I am glad I can find answers here. Thanks guys!!!!
I am located in near conshohocken PA or as women would better know near the plaza. USA second largest mall..:240:
I have alot of clients/patients from university of penn and jeffereson.
Jefferson complementary medicine department needs serious overhualing. They charge out landish and take a more traditional approach with things vs what they advertise.

You gut dysbiosis probably carried over into your prostate..Mine did..

here is a good cabbage study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1643665/
NExt time you have to ask a question you can ask it in person..

F

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
are you saying that the cabbage juice could possibly be the cure for gut and prostate? gut hasn't been a problem lately as long as I take probiotics daily. I want to cure prostate problem going on for 9 years now. I am 33 years old.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was not posing cabbage juice in response to your question necessarily, it just came up in discussion.

Cabbage juice is great for ulcer healing. If you have ulcers then possibly but nobody has any reason to assume you would have ulcerative gastric tissue other than you tested positive for h. pylori and there is a suggested link between the two.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
no ulcers.
Probably more like atrophic gastritis which is no fun becauSe parietal cell are probably damaged resulting in malabsorption of many nutrients. Dealing with u penn they are going to look at structure vs function and underlying cauSe.

Am I a dr not yet just have to finish 2 more papers. 2500 hours of clinicals are now complete then I will be ;)

F

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
what is the course of treatment and do you take insurance? thankyou

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
To keep in check with board rules please pm me.