my story

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Reread your post. Sounds pretty clear that you need to be on TRT.

Dahollow

Awards
I know the feeling. Been 3 years on SSRI's. Before that I was a very healthy guy. Now even a year after discontinuation I'm having the same issues as you. No more alpha male :(

I posted my blood results in a post here (blood test 31 years old), but I'm still waiting for an answer.

TRT is something I don't take lightly. It does shut down your own production so you need to take it all the time. You can't add more testosterone to your own level. You replace it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
hi there, first time poster here. I'm a 34 year male, who , after having an excessively strong libido (to the point of sexual addiction) my entire life, suddenly became completely asexual around a year ago. along with the loss of libido came a loss of passionate feelings in general, jealousy, rage and almost obession with the opposite sex has given way to generalized apathy and indifference. on the sexual front, i really thought the problem was physical at first due to my penis feeling generally cold and stiff. this had a profound impact on me for obvious reasons to the point where my life now feels completely meaningless. after scores of doctor's visits and so forth, i tested on the low end of normal for t (270-320) i'll never know what my levels were during my "normal" life or if the low testosterone is necessarily causing my symptoms. even before the libido issue hit, I displayed a mix of symptoms of both low and high testosterone all my life (hair loss, acne , hypersexuality indicating high and general anxiety, and social timidity and shyness indicating low. Im extremely desperate at this point, but reluctant to start on trt due to it being a lifelong commitment, with the possibility of not working at all, to even making my condition worse due to issues like desensititation and suppression. I have tried several "natural" supplements as well as prescription supplements addressing dopamine and so forth. nothing has really brought me back from the abyss.
You need to get proper evaluation with a good dr that specializing in adrenals, thyroid, and testosterone levels. Being at 34 you could qualify for trt. A good physcian should look for root cause such as phyiscal,biological, environmental, structural, lifestyle, nutritonal imbalance or stressors before moving on to HRT. I usually give patients 3-4 months if medical jusitfiable imbalance is found through correcting these issues. It just appears that you are just throwing darts to see if some thing sticks. If you pm I be glad to give you Dr's in your area which would be highly recommended to see.

intygroup

Awards
im a new member so cant do private posts yet. I live in new york. so far i've seen dr shippen, around six months ago who prescribed me hcg monotherapy 3x 500ius a week. eventually raising up to 750ius. in the end it only brought me up 50 or so points. a month ago, I flew out to see dr mariano in california, who gave me a vitamin supplementation regimen and ordered some additional tests. he recommended increasing the hcg to 500iu daily.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
im a new member so cant do private posts yet. I live in new york. so far i've seen dr shippen, around six months ago who prescribed me hcg monotherapy 3x 500ius a week. eventually raising up to 750ius. in the end it only brought me up 50 or so points. a month ago, I flew out to see dr mariano in california, who gave me a vitamin supplementation regimen and ordered some additional tests. he recommended increasing the hcg to 500iu daily.
Shippen is good,
Mariano is excellent very good.
500 ius daily for prolonged time may cause desentiization as well as elevated e2 levels. With HCG or clomid less is better while examinig the adrenals, lifestyles, nutriton, and identifying the stressors as previous mentioned. I use nutreval for designing indiviudal nutritional protocols as well as identifying other hidden imbalance

intygroup

Awards
my latest labs

these are my latest labs, quite interestingly my test has shot up which is either indicating some kind of fluke in testing, or a spike of some sort, or possibly that the small vitamin regimen i'm on is actually having an effect. i'm certainly not feeling any more drive

iron total 105
tsh 3rd generation 0.44
t4 free 1.0
t4 total 6.7
t3 total 103
t3 free 2.9
t3 reverse 16
glucose 87
ferritan 242
vitamin b12 1082
cortisol am 19.5
insulin serum 9
dhea sulfate 178
testosterone 588 (wtf?)i've never broken 300 in any of my last 5 tests
thyroid peroxidase <10
thyroglobulin <20
iga serum 356
vitamin d 35
mercury <4
lead <2
zinc 108
estradiol 14
igf 1 209
epinephrine 80
norepinephrine 246\

so what do you think, the dhea strikes me as low, as does the tsh

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
these are my latest labs, quite interestingly my test has shot up which is either indicating some kind of fluke in testing, or a spike of some sort, or possibly that the small vitamin regimen i'm on is actually having an effect. i'm certainly not feeling any more drive

iron total 105
tsh 3rd generation 0.44
t4 free 1.0
t4 total 6.7
t3 total 103
t3 free 2.9
t3 reverse 16
glucose 87
ferritan 242
vitamin b12 1082
cortisol am 19.5
insulin serum 9
dhea sulfate 178
testosterone 588 (wtf?)i've never broken 300 in any of my last 5 tests
thyroid peroxidase <10
thyroglobulin <20
iga serum 356
vitamin d 35
mercury <4
lead <2
zinc 108
estradiol 14
igf 1 209
epinephrine 80
norepinephrine 246\

so what do you think, the dhea strikes me as low, as does the tsh
Vitamin D is low and as indicated by many articles with proper vitamin D levels this can help increase testosteorne as well as igf-1.
,44 tsh with low ft3 can possble indicated pitutary issues which MRI needs to be ruled out.
Dhea is alittle low but other factors need to adjusted first.
Cortisol needs to be evaluated through cortisol salivia 24 hour adrenal stress profile.
Insulin is alittle high which could reflective in low dhea levels.
Correcting vitamin D has shown to reduce insulin resistance in clincal studi

When dealing with Dr's patients I have been able to stimulate testotsterone thorugh different nutrtiional or other protocols which have been succesfuly through clincal testing.