Can a poor lifestyle during adolescence lower testosterone???

4evathrowed

Awards
Such as sleeping 3 hours a night staying up on the phone and computer all night.And only eating once a day not exercising and basically becoming a hermit staying in the room all day.From 16-19 and if I change these habits will my testosterone raise.Last time I checked it was 428 ng/dl in the middle range which indicates normalcy.But I wonder if I start bodybuilding and lower my 14.5 ng/ml prolactin and 12.9 ug/dl cortisol level could I get into at least the 500 range.I am 20 years old now and made major lifestyle changes such as eating 3 times a day taking a solotron multivitamin.And going for walks and leaving behind a very stressing and toxic family behind.Also sleeping 7-8 hours a night.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yup, definitely can cause a lower hormone panel.

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
yes it can. your lifestyle at that age wasn't at all that abnormal at that age though. go with a higher quality multivitamin with D-3 2x daily. get a high quality protein powder and take post workout and right before bed or as needed. invest in creatine monohydrate and take 5-10 grams daily (1-2 servings) for 3 weeks. after 3 weeks just stick with 5 grams daily (1 serving) and use for 12 weeks on 4 weeks off. get plenty of quality food. try to eat a meal every 3-4 waking hours. try to get 8 hours of sleep. good luck to you!!

4evathrowed

Awards
yes it can. your lifestyle at that age wasn't at all that abnormal at that age though. go with a higher quality multivitamin with D-3 2x daily. get a high quality protein powder and take post workout and right before bed or as needed. invest in creatine monohydrate and take 5-10 grams daily (1-2 servings) for 3 weeks. after 3 weeks just stick with 5 grams daily (1 serving) and use for 12 weeks on 4 weeks off. get plenty of quality food. try to eat a meal every 3-4 waking hours. try to get 8 hours of sleep. good luck to you!!
Thanx for the tips bro i'm tryin 2 get my health back.

bomb402

Awards
ya if you stay up all night your hormones will be down. Your T level should be twice that at your age.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
If you go into the gym ... embrace the lifestyle and work up to lifting HEAVY ... your t-levels will go up.

And you will feel great.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like your moving in the right direction, and although I agree that your old lifestyle is not totally abnormal, it is absolutely counter productive to health and well being. I wish you the best of luck, my only advice would be read up on diet and exercise, use this board or google, eat five meals a day, and borrow somebodys copy of p90x to help start your training while your learning.