Hashimoto's - Any Endo's creeping around?

CREAO

Awards
I went in for some blood work a few year ago because my sister had thyroid cancer; so I wanted to get checked up. Turned out I had high Thyroid Antibody levels, which turned into me having a goiter after an ultrasound then finally into me being diagnosed with Hashimoto's. They gave me and Rx of Synthroid at .50 mcg

My first few blood tests showed that I was borderline low test and showed symptoms of it. I recently got stationed overseas in Italy and have continued to see the doctors on base here. They are far from knowledgeable about my condition and referred me to see a Italian endocrinologist (who was even more unreasonable..)

I continued to harp on my doctors and got full hormone panels done every month. One month my IGF-1 was almost at zero, next month it came back to normal ranges, but then my HGH levels were skewed next test. They have evened out since then. My thyroid levels came back to just above normal and so they dropped my dosage to .25mcg.

I went in yesterday because I have been very sluggish lately, still having sexual sides and I can't lose a pound (just hover at 200). I asked about getting on Armour/t3 or even a combination of t3/t4 but I was told they can't get natural thyroid medication here.

So my question is, does anyone here have some good advice for what my next step should be? I have tried to get another referral but the military Tricare will only send me to those endo's.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I went in for some blood work a few year ago because my sister had thyroid cancer; so I wanted to get checked up. Turned out I had high Thyroid Antibody levels, which turned into me having a goiter after an ultrasound then finally into me being diagnosed with Hashimoto's. They gave me and Rx of Synthroid at .50 mcg

My first few blood tests showed that I was borderline low test and showed symptoms of it. I recently got stationed overseas in Italy and have continued to see the doctors on base here. They are far from knowledgeable about my condition and referred me to see a Italian endocrinologist (who was even more unreasonable..)

I continued to harp on my doctors and got full hormone panels done every month. One month my IGF-1 was almost at zero, next month it came back to normal ranges, but then my HGH levels were skewed next test. They have evened out since then. My thyroid levels came back to just above normal and so they dropped my dosage to .25mcg.

I went in yesterday because I have been very sluggish lately, still having sexual sides and I can't lose a pound (just hover at 200). I asked about getting on Armour/t3 or even a combination of t3/t4 but I was told they can't get natural thyroid medication here.

So my question is, does anyone here have some good advice for what my next step should be? I have tried to get another referral but the military Tricare will only send me to those endo's.
Well were are you located because I have contacts all around the united states that are some of the best in the business. I tend to specialize in CFS, autism, depression, hormone, thyroid and adrenal by examing the root causes