Which testosterone range is more valid??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Which testosterone range is more valid???

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Which testosterone range is more valid???

The 350-1200 ng/dl the 249-836 ng/dl or the 200-1000 I find the 350-1200 just ridiculous.How many people are walking around with a natural total testosterone of 1200 ng/dl let alone 1000.That scale is to broad to be valid average is nowhere near that high.It'll make some in the 400-600 range think their low and someone in 300-400 range think their dead lol.I think the 249-836 is more valid (my opinion) cause it's more closer to average and more in range for the levels of what most people have.And I thought if you fall in the middle as in the case with all hormone levels that indicates normalcy.Plus I don't know of any reliable source that says a young man should have a very high testosterone level.I get pissed off when people say that at a 500-700 ng/dl level it's to low for there age.Tell that to a hypogonadal man with a level of 145 who didn't fully develop than tell me who is lucky and just plain bitching.

2. New Member

Disagree.

There is far too much variability in individuals to make such ranges sacrosanct. Plus, averages can be very misleading (e.g., you can drown in a river which has an average depth of 1 inch).

Also, medical science frequently changes these ranges based on new information. For example, 30 years ago the upper limit for AST/ALT (liver enzymes) was around 30. Today it is almost double that. Did people change? NO. Knowledge did.

I think doctors ought to consider how their patients FEEL rather than just mindlessly shoot for a mid-range average.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I do not think those scales are valid...any of them. You want a scale that reflects the testosterone ranges of healthy men.
    I agree that what you feel like should be more important than the actual number, look for balance of numbers along with feeling good.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    I do not think those scales are valid...any of them. You want a scale that reflects the testosterone ranges of healthy men.
    I agree that what you feel like should be more important than the actual number, look for balance of numbers along with feeling good.
    Lab corp in past few weeks have been showing deviation of being 200-300 points high. It also really depends on your symptoms as well as your e2, shbg thyroid and adrenal function that determines how much testosterone should be given. Some times people can have 1000 TT and feel like crap because its all bound up with shbg or e2, or thyroid, igf-1, adrenals could be out of balance.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Lab corp in past few weeks have been showing deviation of being 200-300 points high. It also really depends on your symptoms as well as your e2, shbg thyroid and adrenal function that determines how much testosterone should be given. Some times people can have 1000 TT and feel like crap because its all bound up with shbg or e2, or thyroid, igf-1, adrenals could be out of balance.
    Agreed, plus it does not take into account any type of age range. The older we get the lower our Test can get. Like matrix said a lot more goes into it than just Test, some guys walk around with test levels in the 200's and have no problems, others with the same test levels may feel like they are dead.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    at what point was it discovered that lab corp was readin high? my last two tests were with them....and if they were 200 high that puts me in the 100-200 range...
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

Same here MAtrix. What should we do? I had two well over 1,200 and then a drop to 865. Not sure where I'm at now, except that my doctor believes they are accurate!!! He's nuts!! No way I'm that high all of a sudden with a low libido like I have.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need some valid opinions
    By Salnder in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:46 PM
  2. NPC Registration - Valid for how long?
    By avgBdybldr in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
  3. Need some advice on low range Total Testosterone Level
    By Solitude in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
  4. donate... only valid for one month?
    By scarfacebling in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 04:41 PM