Something challenging and different...low Testosterone, low estradiol, high P.advice?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  195 lbs.

Question Something challenging and different...low Testosterone, low estradiol, high P.advice?

Ok. After doing my own research and coming up empty handed, I thought I'd go into the blog world where some experts on topics can often be found...

QUICK BACKGROUND...I'm 42. Always led a clean life. No drugs. Don't drink. Smoke etc. Eat clean. Lots of raw foods, lean meats and so on. Exercise moderately...meaning not crazy like I did in my 20's when I was more of a bodybuilder (natural).

Body fat about 15%. Weight 195.

I've had low testosterone for about the last 5 years with little success in elevating it naturally. Blood work ranges for total have been a low of 126 and a high of 270...which is about 4X lower than what it should be for my age.

My last draw a few months ago was 270 Total with 2.2% free. My SHGB is normal or on the low side a smide. My DHT is only 23. My DHEA is normal at about 410. Thyroid normal with TSH around 2.4. Estradiol is low and healthy. Prostate PSA is excellent barely a .1.

The issue is that my progesterone levels are 212. Yep, 212. WHICH IS CRAZY HIGH. Most things I read when men have testosterone issues its because they have to much estrogen influence or thyroid issues etc. My levels of progesterone are higher than my wifes...NOT what a male should be experiencing.

Needless to say, I have a host of health issues...depressed, can't sleep, no libido or drive or hardness at times, no appetite, no strength and so on and its been getting significantly worse over the last 6 months. I have an apt with an endocrinoligist, but that doesnt happen for another 6 weeks. Of course the regular doc didn't seemed concerned and offered an anti-depressant or using some testosterone shots, but i passed as I know there is something else going on and/or a better course of therapy.

This was the first time I got Progesterone checked so I have no previous baselines. I've been on androgel years ago and while it bumped up my levels it created other issues so I only stayed on it a few months.

Curious, what would make such a high progesterone level in a male when estrogen is low and DHEA is normal. Any takers here for some suggestions.

Thanks!

2. Registered User

Most likely progesterone is Being shuttle to cortisol or some other pathway that needs to be evaluated. Could have been a false reading so it may need to be take over. If progesterone is high then one needs to loom for thee root cause of why.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 12:47 PM
  2. 2 weeks PCT High estradiol, high progesterone
    By Mavrick.Rus in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 06:41 AM
  4. Low Testosterone, low SHBG, low GH, high prolactin and high estradiol
    By Estrogosky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9