Something challenging and different...low Testosterone, low estradiol, high P.advice?

W

WackyHormones

Awards
Ok. After doing my own research and coming up empty handed, I thought I'd go into the blog world where some experts on topics can often be found...

QUICK BACKGROUND...I'm 42. Always led a clean life. No drugs. Don't drink. Smoke etc. Eat clean. Lots of raw foods, lean meats and so on. Exercise moderately...meaning not crazy like I did in my 20's when I was more of a bodybuilder (natural).

Body fat about 15%. Weight 195.

I've had low testosterone for about the last 5 years with little success in elevating it naturally. Blood work ranges for total have been a low of 126 and a high of 270...which is about 4X lower than what it should be for my age.

My last draw a few months ago was 270 Total with 2.2% free. My SHGB is normal or on the low side a smide. My DHT is only 23. My DHEA is normal at about 410. Thyroid normal with TSH around 2.4. Estradiol is low and healthy. Prostate PSA is excellent barely a .1.

The issue is that my progesterone levels are 212. Yep, 212. WHICH IS CRAZY HIGH. Most things I read when men have testosterone issues its because they have to much estrogen influence or thyroid issues etc. My levels of progesterone are higher than my wifes...NOT what a male should be experiencing.

Needless to say, I have a host of health issues...depressed, can't sleep, no libido or drive or hardness at times, no appetite, no strength and so on and its been getting significantly worse over the last 6 months. I have an apt with an endocrinoligist, but that doesnt happen for another 6 weeks. Of course the regular doc didn't seemed concerned and offered an anti-depressant or using some testosterone shots, but i passed as I know there is something else going on and/or a better course of therapy.

This was the first time I got Progesterone checked so I have no previous baselines. I've been on androgel years ago and while it bumped up my levels it created other issues so I only stayed on it a few months.

Curious, what would make such a high progesterone level in a male when estrogen is low and DHEA is normal. Any takers here for some suggestions.

Thanks!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Most likely progesterone is Being shuttle to cortisol or some other pathway that needs to be evaluated. Could have been a false reading so it may need to be take over. If progesterone is high then one needs to loom for thee root cause of why.