Need help finding Dr.

1. New Member
    Answers

Need help finding Dr.

First off, I DID try the suggestions on the "sticky" thread in this section with little success to date.

I am looking for a Dr. which is progressive with HRT & TRT treatments, including consideration of HCG. I am in Upstate NY (Albany area) & really would like to find a dr. covered by my insurance plan. My current Endo is very "old school" and a waste of my time.

Most recommendations from my local compounding pharmacy are not Dr.s covered by my insurance. Local calls to various Endos & Urolog. offices typically result in the nurse or receptionists asking "what is trt" and what is "hcg" when I inquire as to whether this Dr. and/or practice specializes in these types of treatments.

Anyone with some leads, feel free to pm them to me. I guess at this point, I have to consider traveling by car a few hours too. (Not ready for the Dr. Chrissler route yet due to costs not covered by my ins.)

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm 44 and have low t & dht from using Accutane for a few months last year. It has a similar side effect as "propecia" for many people...as a 5ar inhib. (this is another long story in itself)

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Answers

I'm going through this too brother and I feel your pain. I've had so many blood tests from changing docs that I'm a quart low right now. In theory, checking with a "compounding pharmacy seems the best bet.

3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Presa View Post
    I'm going through this too brother and I feel your pain. I've had so many blood tests from changing docs that I'm a quart low right now. In theory, checking with a "compounding pharmacy seems the best bet.
    Yea...it's amazing how many people on this board are fortunate enough to have Dr's that will use HCG as part of an overall HRT. Funny thing is my insurance covers HCG and they claim that they don't have the ability to tell me of local prescribing Dr.s.

I did receive a pm about a Dr. in Phily area that is covered by my ins. so I may have to consider that as one option.

•   

4. New Member
    Answers

what have you found out dave? i'm in same boat and an hour south of ya, 44 also

5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
    what have you found out dave? i'm in same boat and an hour south of ya, 44 also
    Well, I thought I was going to go with Dr. Overbeck in Conshocken, PA (Matrix rec.) because they accept ins. My Bluecross rep confirmed to me that they are a "preferred" provider and I would be covered but the girl in their office said otherwise. I found out that the "provider" phone number on my ins. card that she used to inquire was wrong... so I called her back and gave her the correct number to confirm again. I never heard back.

Anyway, I have a fax inquiry into a Dr. in Connecticut that supposedly specializes in hypogonadism. He was recommended on the "mesomorphis" forum. How familiar he is with Chrisler / Shippen methodologies is unknown at this point. I can PM you if that pans out. He is under my ins. plan too.

It is mind boggling to me how little the local Endos know about TRT!

6. New Member
    Answers

yeah, i have blue cross blue shield, i've been told get to an anti aging or pcp, stay away from endos.............

7. New Member
    Answers

cant reply to your pm dave, send me your email

8. Elite Member
    Answers

I will ck on that for you. One has to give office more time, it does not happen in matter of 24 hours or so. People have to understand office are busy and need more the a 24 -48 hour turn around time. Pm me see if I can expedite things.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help finding
    By funkja in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:23 AM
  2. Finding a job.
    By n8te in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
  3. Help finding DNP
    By Darkhorse08 in forum Anabolics