Anti-aging meds and HCSA claims.

Bugman1400

Awards
Has anybody had any luck getting reimbursed for anti-aging meds like Testosterone topical cream and Thyroid from their HCSA account at work? If so, what kind of service description did you use? My local Revita anti-aging company charges me $500 a month for the Test cream and Thyroid. I can't afford this anymore.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Why are you seeing an "anti-aging" doctor? I see an endocrinologist, and they can prescribe everything you need; PLUS blue cross insurance covers it all ;) IMO anti-aging is a rip off. If you're "not feeling yourself" wink, wink; it's probably low testosterone, so get started with that, and hcg, etc...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody had any luck getting reimbursed for anti-aging meds like Testosterone topical cream and Thyroid from their HCSA account at work? If so, what kind of service description did you use? My local Revita anti-aging company charges me $500 a month for the Test cream and Thyroid. I can't afford this anymore.
Call your compunding pharmacy and they should provide you proper paper work to submit it to insurance. Your insurance has finally call on what is approved and what is not. As mentioned before Antiaging clinic will die out over next 5 -10 years. The focus will be a comprehensive approach and not specialization. I have been approaching drs about making this transition. Yes its going to be hard work, but clincal results will be well worth it.

T cream 40 bucks
thyroid 15 bucks for 100 pills

You are being taken for a huge ride !!
where are you located at I can give you some good drs in your area. saving you over 400 bucks a month. Pm me for references.

Bugman1400

Awards
There is little doubt that I am being ripped off, but I am new to the scene. However, I've been reading info on this site and quickly getting up to speed. The anti-aging place I go to will not order the Testosterone unless I pay the $500 per month. The compounding pharmacy they order from is Anazao Health out of LV, Nevada. The anti-aging place told me that Anazao is the only place that will compound the T-cream at 200mG/mL. I called them directly and they said my last monthly order was $72.50. I'd say that is a pretty good profit.

I live in North Carolina. Any advice on doctors within 50-100 miles?

Train213

Awards
Hey bug, I just went to Revita today for my initial consultation. I live in NC too. I'm supposed to go get test done tomorrow. But as was on my way home I started reading the papers they sent me home with and saw the $495 price tag per month. Ouch. I started researching the net to see if there was any fluff with this company and I found your post. Thank God I found this post. Did you get any other recommendations? Other docs in the area?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey bug, I just went to Revita today for my initial consultation. I live in NC too. I'm supposed to go get test done tomorrow. But as was on my way home I started reading the papers they sent me home with and saw the $495 price tag per month. Ouch. I started researching the net to see if there was any fluff with this company and I found your post. Thank God I found this post. Did you get any other recommendations? Other docs in the area?
prescibe you what you want but you will get raped in the process. Its all compounded crap too. I have several patients from these people and the protocol that have people are ridiculous.

Bugman1400

Awards
prescibe you what you want but you will get raped in the process. Its all compounded crap too. I have several patients from these people and the protocol that have people are ridiculous.
Matrix, I'm not sure I understand. I didn't know you lived in NC.....nice try. The compound cream worked for me.....just not the price tag.

Bugman1400

Awards
The good news is that they can help. The compoun TEST cream worked for me, but the cost was too high. It made me mad when I found out that the cream only cost $72.50 from Anazao Health. So, you pay the rest for the doctor visit and the overhead which includes the HOT receptionist and nurse. I was also foolish to think that I could claim it on my HCSA form. I am still in the process of finding an Endocrinologist which, you can claim with HCSA. I am also currently trying out Androforte 5%, but so far, it seems worthless.

If money is no problem for you then Revita can help. If I find another doctor I will let you know.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
agreed. if you go in with zero knowledge you come out with a full blown cycle. my clinic works well with me because they know what i wanted and wouldnt fall for their slaes pitch. i had to use a clinic because my levels were above bottom of range but still pathetic at 290-309. im guessing soon that ill be able to go back to my uro and have everything covered by ins. she knows what im doing and told me to come back and retest in a year os so and shed take care of me.

matrix do you have a dr reccomendation in the hudson valley of new york or more specifically westchester county?

on a side note my script calls for 300mg test/week. that wasnt happening. i use 160

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
agreed. if you go in with zero knowledge you come out with a full blown cycle. my clinic works well with me because they know what i wanted and wouldnt fall for their slaes pitch. i had to use a clinic because my levels were above bottom of range but still pathetic at 290-309. im guessing soon that ill be able to go back to my uro and have everything covered by ins. she knows what im doing and told me to come back and retest in a year os so and shed take care of me.

matrix do you have a dr reccomendation in the hudson valley of new york or more specifically westchester county?

on a side note my script calls for 300mg test/week. that wasnt happening. i use 160
Not one that I know off hand, majority of our base is actually out of Ny state and mass area. Boston university cure for Ed was caverjet

Train213

Awards
So, you pay the rest for the doctor visit and the overhead which includes the HOT
receptionist and nurse.
too funny but sooo true. I went to the one in Ballentyne (Charlotte NC).

Guess since no one has any recommendations on a doctor I'll try to search one out for myself.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
too funny but sooo true. I went to the one in Ballentyne (Charlotte NC).

Guess since no one has any recommendations on a doctor I'll try to search one out for myself.
CAll local compounding pharmcy they can give you a list of drs who prescibed compounded gels. Usually these guys are open minded.