Is HCG Monotherapy safe

jogo

Awards
I had low T and my Dr chose to put on HCG in Sept 2010 and I took 300iu EOD 3 months. It brought my levels up from 300 to 704 and I felt great. However, I stopped using the HCG after reading old posts about desensitization of LH receptors. Has there been any updates to this topic.

I did blood work in Jan (off of HCG for one month) and my levels were all low.

TotalTest 347 (250 - 1100)
TBioavail 99.2 L (110 - 575)
DHT 24 L (25 - 75)
SHBG 30
Estradiol 32
LH 0.2 L

Forgive me I don't know too much about this and am just a little scared to go back on HCG in fear of doing long term damage.

Would like to hear your thoughts on long term HGC therapy. Have others run HCG for months/years?

At 300iu EOD should I be taking anything else?

thx,
Jogo

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
After 3-4 months on can have down regulation of t receptors
one also has to monitor adrenal thyroid and e2 levels are hcg because it can
cause fluctations in each especially e2. 80% of people we have put on hcg
mono need an ai. We monitor levels in 3 weeks to check levels

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Why did you stop? Why are you not on TRT? Here's the deal; unless there is some "temporary" reason your Test is low, you are going to have to supplement it (hcg or test) for the rest of your life. You don't just gas your car up once, and say ok, I'm good until it dies or I trade it. LOL!! Its an ongoing issue. So, maybe it's time to look into managed TRT or the like from here on out.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Why did you stop? Why are you not on TRT? Here's the deal; unless there is some "temporary" reason your Test is low, you are going to have to supplement it (hcg or test) for the rest of your life. You don't just gas your car up once, and say ok, I'm good until it dies or I trade it. LOL!! Its an ongoing issue. So, maybe it's time to look into managed TRT or the like from here on out.
How old are you ?
Has the cause of why your T was low been identified?
Have you looked at other factors such as lifestyles, adrenal, thyroid, nutrirtoin, overtraning, undereating, Gi inflammation, or liver imbalances,
emotional or mental stress. There are too many unanswered questions to jump to TRT.

jogo

Awards
Thanks for your feedback guys. I'm 34 years old and was having erectile dysfunction (soft erections, no nightime or morning wood). I was put on HCG after the Doc found my Total Testosterone levels to be very low along with low LH. My Estrodial was in range so he ruled that out as a cause for ED. He wanted to try HCG to see if my testicles were messed up. After I started the HCG my testosterone shot up to 700 and I felt great. However, the ED issues continue and I'm not thrilled about being on HCG for life if I really don't need to be. I took one month off and as noted above my levels were all low and I felt pretty crappy. So, on January 15th I went back on the HCG (350 EOD) and I'm feeling much better.

I know your asking why I'm not speaking with the doc about this right? Well, I have a feeling the doc doesn't know half as much as you guys and that scares the **** out of me. He's a basic Urologist with limmited experience with TRT and HCG. I only wish I read more about harmone replacement before taking HCG.

What do you think? I guess the only way to know if I screwed myself up is to stop everything, wait a month or two and get some blood tests, correct?

If I stop today, how long should I wait before getting a blood test to see if I am back to normal?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your feedback guys. I'm 34 years old and was having erectile dysfunction (soft erections, no nightime or morning wood). I was put on HCG after the Doc found my Total Testosterone levels to be very low along with low LH. My Estrodial was in range so he ruled that out as a cause for ED. He wanted to try HCG to see if my testicles were messed up. After I started the HCG my testosterone shot up to 700 and I felt great. However, the ED issues continue and I'm not thrilled about being on HCG for life if I really don't need to be. I took one month off and as noted above my levels were all low and I felt pretty crappy. So, on January 15th I went back on the HCG (350 EOD) and I'm feeling much better.

I know your asking why I'm not speaking with the doc about this right? Well, I have a feeling the doc doesn't know half as much as you guys and that scares the **** out of me. He's a basic Urologist with limmited experience with TRT and HCG. I only wish I read more about harmone replacement before taking HCG.

What do you think? I guess the only way to know if I screwed myself up is to stop everything, wait a month or two and get some blood tests, correct?

If I stop today, how long should I wait before getting a blood test to see if I am back to normal?
Why not try a restart with clomid or tamoxofin. Alot of guys have restarted as long as they have the properl building blocks of nutrients to keep the process going when stopped. Several guys i have got going on their own with alittle kick start from clomid or tamoxafin. Before starting a restart one needs to have healthy function adrenals and thyroid, proper nutrients, sleep, stress management in check before even start other wise you are doomed to fail. I have seen this in the past where they ae purely secondary and tried a restart have good levels but then crash because other factors where not checked.

jogo

Awards
thanks for the info Matrix. I'm going to lay off the HCG for a few months and see if my levels go back up. How long would it take to see normal levels?

Any dangers in stopping HCG cold turkey or should slowly ween off it?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info Matrix. I'm going to lay off the HCG for a few months and see if my levels go back up. How long would it take to see normal levels?

Any dangers in stopping HCG cold turkey or should slowly ween off it?
Focus on good lifestyle, proper eating, good nutritonal basis, looking into adrenals and thyroid with a good hormone dr in your area then take it from there.