Memantine / Pregabalin and calcium influx

_Bishop_

Awards
I have a few questions that I'm looking to get answered. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Both memantine and pregabalin inhibit influx of calcium ions, correct?

Being that pregabalin decreases the release of glutamate (and memantine is an ndma receptor antagonist) do you see these two potentiating each other?

Do you see any possibility for adverse drug reactions with these two?

Thanks in advance.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've used memantine in the past. I've also used pregabalin (Lyrica) for it's benefits on deep delta wave sleep, but haven't tried them together. Is there any reason specifically you're wanting to try them together?

Would love to try Memantine again but with Stablon this time.

You could try this sort of question over @ immortality institute, if people can't help you here.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have a few questions that I'm looking to get answered. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Both memantine and pregabalin inhibit influx of calcium ions, correct?

Being that pregabalin decreases the release of glutamate (and memantine is an ndma receptor antagonist) do you see these two potentiating each other?

Do you see any possibility for adverse drug reactions with these two?

Thanks in advance.
I dont know about synergy, but you dont really develop much tolerance to Lyrica, and there are a host of bad side effects that would impact anyone taking it on a regular basis, as it sounds is contemplated by your inquiry. If you have chronic nerve pain, there may be nothing better. But get ready for edema, constipation, a distended gut, and to gain 10% of your body weight (that may take longer than running it out of your system and relieving yourself regularly -- possibly several months longer). Also good for Delta sleep, as noted by GP.

AFAIK, memantine synergizes with AMP and narcs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 11
Supplements 0