effects of very low prolactin (almost nil) in men?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are there any? I've tried researching this, medical journals simply state, no known ill effects in men... but I've read some hinting around the boards that a certain level of prolactin is needed even for libido, etc..

Any input on this?
I can't find what people would say are optimal levels in men, or what it's benefits are in men.. All I know is that crushing prolactin = low libido (verified by labs), but that doesn't make sense to me

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Don't know, but I can tell you from personal experiences using Dostinex that it drives my prolactin to near zero and I function better there. Dostinex also raises dopamine, so that might explain better function, but still my prolactin levels are near zero.

WetWorks

Awards
you need progesterone, just like you need estrogen. you just need to keep them in check.

I have read any anti-progesterone shouldn't be run for long periods of time, cause progesterone is needed for repairing brain cells.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not talking about Progesterone, only Prolactin. They are very different. Did you mean to say prolactin?

@DragonRider - yes I thought this was the case too, could've been another factor causing the probs, but I could swear caber @ .5mg twice per week did nothing for libido/recovery period. I'm thinking it was too much as it drove my prolactin to almost nil.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Just curious. Was your cabaser liquid or pills? Cabaser has been known to have stability issues in liquid form. From my studies, the only effect that prolactin has on male libido is to act as the turn off switch after orgasm. Low levels of estrogen effect male sexual response, but I don't believe low levels of prolactin have any negative effects.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They were pills / pharma caber. Definitely worked because my prolactin is normally around 5-7 and then came in at less than 1 after. Something like 0.1

WetWorks

Awards
I'm not talking about Progesterone, only Prolactin. They are very different. Did you mean to say prolactin?

@DragonRider - yes I thought this was the case too, could've been another factor causing the probs, but I could swear caber @ .5mg twice per week did nothing for libido/recovery period. I'm thinking it was too much as it drove my prolactin to almost nil.

thanks for the correction :) I meant to say prolactin.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
They were pills / pharma caber. Definitely worked because my prolactin is normally around 5-7 and then came in at less than 1 after. Something like 0.1
so do you experience zero refractory after sex?

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I used caber a while back and never really experienced themmultiple orgasms or rapid recovery that people talk about. I did however take too much for too long and wound up being manic for about two months bc of the extremely long half life. Too much dopamine is not a good thing, I was strung out with anxiety, couldn't sleep,'any stimulant would send me into a panic attack. Wasn't fun, but then again I didn't understand what was going on until later. Pramipexole is a better option bc of
The shorter half life IMO

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so do you experience zero refractory after sex?
No, not on caber.

But for some reason, when I was on HCG mono, it would stay up after sex, I could keep going. That happens on occasion, but pretty rare, even when trying with l-dopa, etc (taken 30min prior to sex). Seems to be a random thing for me.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used caber a while back and never really experienced themmultiple orgasms or rapid recovery that people talk about. I did however take too much for too long and wound up being manic for about two months bc of the extremely long half life. Too much dopamine is not a good thing, I was strung out with anxiety, couldn't sleep,'any stimulant would send me into a panic attack. Wasn't fun, but then again I didn't understand what was going on until later. Pramipexole is a better option bc of
The shorter half life IMO
How much caber were you using? I was taking 0.5mg twice per week. I think it was too much.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
How much caber were you using? I was taking 0.5mg twice per week. I think it was too much.

I don't remember exactly... I was still dumb to everything, this was several years back. Prob like .5 eod for a month, then I would take it periodically when i thought my sysmptoms returned, then i took it a few times hopeing to have better sex. Once I started hitting the stims hard for school my body just went nuts.

With the half-life that sh*t was in my system for a good 8 weeks after I had stopped using it. I thought I was losing my mind... lol