current dose not cutting it?

TylerDurden7

Awards
I was origninally put on 200mg/week and levels were coming in around 1,000 ng/dl. Felt great, no complaints. Best I had felt in a long time. My endo said it was too high and so he lowered it to 150 mg/week. My last blood test had me coming in around upper 500's by the end of the week. I am not happy with this dose, and almost feel like my numbers are going down even more. I am going to try to get an increase back up to 200mg. Is it possible that over time you can build a tolerance to test and require more to achieve the same blood levels?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I was origninally put on 200mg/week and levels were coming in around 1,000 ng/dl. Felt great, no complaints. Best I had felt in a long time. My endo said it was too high and so he lowered it to 150 mg/week. My last blood test had me coming in around upper 500's by the end of the week. I am not happy with this dose, and almost feel like my numbers are going down even more. I am going to try to get an increase back up to 200mg. Is it possible that over time you can build a tolerance to test and require more to achieve the same blood levels?
You may have a condition known as androgen insensitvity which may require more testosterone then usual. It appears you are a fast metabolizer and your cortisol may be low which may be causing your body to burn testosterone People with similar conditions tend to have super low shbg which will require more injections more frequently. Inject 100 mgs every 3.5 days should keep plasma level at upper 1/3 range. The question is where is the test going and converting into. I would examine your other hormone levels many, adrenal, thyroid , and e2, dht levels to look to see factors that could be affect you are metaboliszing testosteron. You may have altered pathway in the liver or taking another drug which could be altering how your body process testosterone. I would look for reason why this is occuring then have multiple injections to keep plasma levels at 1/3 the upper range at the lowest point.

bomb402

Awards
100mgs every 3.5 days as TheMatrix says sounds good to me. I'd go every 4 days but yes this should help. I am like you in that I have super low SHBG at 8 and my body uses the test pretty fast it seems. I wouldn't inject more than 125mg at once unless you want an estrogen spike. It seems like I remember you claiming that you hate test and are going all natural? What happened with that? lol The tolerance is probably estrogen increasing and or SHBG rising.

TylerDurden7

Awards
I like the idea of injecting 100mg's every 3-4 days. I just need to convince my endo that its a viable option. And bomb, must have been someone else. I love test. I do wish it were my own though, and that I had the nuts big enough to claim the levels that I'm injecting lol

bomb402

Awards
Most doctors are idiots when it comes to TRT. I have had multiple docs tell me TRT would not shut down sperm production while on. I just laughed and walked out. Endos are probably even worse since their mind is their 1976 endocrinology book.....or worse yet from an era where they thought weight lifting would turn you into a woman. And they still believe whatever their book wrote.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Most doctors are idiots when it comes to TRT. I have had multiple docs tell me TRT would not shut down sperm production while on. I just laughed and walked out. Endos are probably even worse since their mind is their 1976 endocrinology book.....or worse yet from an era where they thought weight lifting would turn you into a woman. And they still believe whatever their book wrote.
Low shbg i be looking towards insulin, hypothyroid, or adrenal imbalances, as well as dietary changes that need to implemented. If you can absorb gels then you can keep levels more on a daily basis or goto shots EOD about 40 mgs EOD. If you were a client of mine my goal would be to look to the imbalances that cause the alteration is SHBG. Another point of attack would be to look at increasing androgen sensitivity at the tissue level through various methods manipiulated with just dietary changes.

bomb402

Awards
My problem is that I am totally useless when off the testosterone I just started. I mean like I just lie in bed all day. On it I'm 100% normal. My levels are 300 off it. cortisol and all else are fine, though gut immunity is weak and i think its parasympathetic nervous exhaustion from relying on adrenal hormones to get me through life instead of having adequate T levels since they have always been at 300.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My problem is that I am totally useless when off the testosterone I just started. I mean like I just lie in bed all day. On it I'm 100% normal. My levels are 300 off it. cortisol and all else are fine, though gut immunity is weak and i think its parasympathetic nervous exhaustion from relying on adrenal hormones to get me through life instead of having adequate T levels since they have always been at 300.
Have you looked into low dopamine levels which when balanced out can complement HRT or even reduce the need for it completely. I have seen this happen many times as well in people.

bomb402

Awards
Yeah...dr. lin's pro dopamine stuff seems to help with digestive issues. I think I am probably low in dopamine. I don't know about serotonin though, I heard it opposes dopamine but I may be wrong.

bomb402

Awards
I do get the gut fermentation thing from alkaline gut which basically produces chronic constant low grade infection. I think I'm going to try eating simpler foods like veggies that digest themselves for a few days to see if I feel any better since I have done this successfully before.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I do get the gut fermentation thing from alkaline gut which basically produces chronic constant low grade infection. I think I'm going to try eating simpler foods like veggies that digest themselves for a few days to see if I feel any better since I have done this successfully before.
I would always start with the simple changes and then work your way up the chain to the more complex. More dr's need to start taking this approach and our health care system would be so much better off.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I Just spent 8 hours on the net trying to find a doctor that knew TRT, hcg, Arimidex, etc!!! Fu$k!!! What a pain in the a$$. My doc wants to simply give me test and hold on. Sorry doc, more to it than that!! Good luck bro cause I haven't had much in the way of smart doctors...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I Just spent 8 hours on the net trying to find a doctor that knew TRT, hcg, Arimidex, etc!!! Fu$k!!! What a pain in the a$$. My doc wants to simply give me test and hold on. Sorry doc, more to it than that!! Good luck bro cause I haven't had much in the way of smart doctors...
You have one of the best health professsionals right here :) :lol:
just have to look past your keyboards.