Test cyp and blood pressure, anyone??

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Test cyp and blood pressure, anyone??

I have been on 100mg of test cyp. A week for TRT. Unfortunately I just had a mild heart attack and stent put in one artery. Doctor says he thinks it's genetic but my HDL/LDL was very bad. Also my BP was stage two hypertension. Now on meds I'm good.

My question is whether Any ones doctor took them off TRT because of these issues since testosterone can raise BP and affect lipids?? By the way I'm 45 in great shape otherwise and have been on TRT since 2007.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Presa View Post
    I have been on 100mg of test cyp. A week for TRT. Unfortunately I just had a mild heart attack and stent put in one artery. Doctor says he thinks it's genetic but my HDL/LDL was very bad. Also my BP was stage two hypertension. Now on meds I'm good.

My question is whether Any ones doctor took them off TRT because of these issues since testosterone can raise BP and affect lipids?? By the way I'm 45 in great shape otherwise and have been on TRT since 2007.
    When e2 goes this can cause water retention that may result in a rise of BP/
    Dealing with BP the first recommendation is to increase potassium to atleast 5 grams a day and use celtic sea salt to stabilze cellular pressure gradient.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.27%

My Doc was very slow, stupidly slow, ramping up my dose because he had one patient whose LDL jumped. My lipids got a little worse at first but then became better than ever before. My fasting glucose also dropped from 99 to 80. I haven't had any problems with BP.

I do take fish oil and Slo-Niacin, 1500 mg,/day. I also lift 5 days/week along with cardio.

My lipids as of August.
    CHOL 125
    TRI 70
    HDL 45
    LDL 66

Six months ago I asked him to have a VSLDL test done and I came out at 5 on a scale of 5-15, the best possible.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.59%

Fish oil actually causes lots of inflammation over time. I do not recommend taking it. Also, if you had low testosterone while having this heart attack chances are TRT will benefit you by allowing things to dilate that would not have happened with low T - and that's probably why you had the heart attack to begin with.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  288 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.26%

Quote Originally Posted by bomb402 View Post
    Fish oil actually causes lots of inflammation over time. I do not recommend taking it. Also, if you had low testosterone while having this heart attack chances are TRT will benefit you by allowing things to dilate that would not have happened with low T - and that's probably why you had the heart attack to begin with.
    Source please, as there is literally a mountain of evidence contradicting your statement?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

How much test are you taking? TRT is only supposed to give you the testerone levels of a younger guy. A lot of people go full on roided, and then act supprised when their body has any negative reaction.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.38%

I guess the doc didn't say you should TRT because of the heart attack or blood pressure?

I am also having high blood pressure now on Androgel. I was going to ask about switching to shots because I read HBP is less likely on shots. I guess thats not the case for you.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.38%

Heart disease run in your family?
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.79%

whats your diet look like?? shouldnt get no more than 20grams of sat fat in a day..keep your sugar intake to no more than 50grams a day..process sugar that is..fruits and veggies no prob...
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Presa View Post

Well just tp update my situation, I'm off Androgel 5 grams a day, fow exactly one week. Today I had my pressure checked and for the first time in a long while it was good at 115/75!
    But I fee like crap. I'm glad to see you are allowed to be on T even after heart attack. I would like to try the shots to see if that helps.

Regarding your cholesterol, you should should have the better test done to check your particle count and particle size, which is way more important that your LDL HDL

Similar Forum Threads

1. How's my blood pressure?
    By JudoJosh in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
  3. Blood pressure/Pulse pressure
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 02:22 PM
  4. Blood pressure/Pulse pressure