TRT or HRT in New Zealand???

8thangel

Awards
Hi guys,

I'm on TRT and living in the US currently however, I will be moving to New Zealand within the next 12-24 months and am just trying to learn if TRT/HRT is available in NZ? Do they have any good docs and if so, etc, etc.... I will most likely be on the South island in the Christchurch area.

Could anyone provide any information/direction to me in this regard? Hope it's ok to ask, I've tried google to search for info with no luck so far. Just concerned I might have trouble getting treated over there and trying to do some preliminary homework before making the big move.

Thanks so much for any help!

NOTE: MOD's please forgive me if this is inappropriate, I'm not trying to source perse, just get some direction for myself in a place I'm not at all familiar with.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi guys,

I'm on TRT and living in the US currently however, I will be moving to New Zealand within the next 12-24 months and am just trying to learn if TRT/HRT is available in NZ? Do they have any good docs and if so, etc, etc.... I will most likely be on the South island in the Christchurch area.

Could anyone provide any information/direction to me in this regard? Hope it's ok to ask, I've tried google to search for info with no luck so far. Just concerned I might have trouble getting treated over there and trying to do some preliminary homework before making the big move.

We're not in the stone ages in New Zealand - despite the restrictions re supplements and prescription medication, when you go there, you'll actually find that New Zealand's society and living, etc. is better than in the US.

If you have a legitimate reason to use TRT/HRT, then I definitely recommend going to see a doctor - and yes, we have good doctors over there - when you get there to get a prescription for it (you won't get it withOUT a prescription). It helps if you have a copy/history of your medical records to take with you when you go and see the doctor as well, so I recommend getting a copy before you leave.

On that note, you're going to love New Zealand - it's the most beautiful country in the world. I lived in Christchurch just before I came over here - of course, after the earthquake not so long ago, they will still be repairing, but it doesn't make it any less an awesome place to live :)

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

8thangel

Awards
We're not in the stone ages in New Zealand - despite the restrictions re supplements and prescription medication, when you go there, you'll actually find that New Zealand's society and living, etc. is better than in the US.

If you have a legitimate reason to use TRT/HRT, then I definitely recommend going to see a doctor - and yes, we have good doctors over there - when you get there to get a prescription for it (you won't get it withOUT a prescription). It helps if you have a copy/history of your medical records to take with you when you go and see the doctor as well, so I recommend getting a copy before you leave.

On that note, you're going to love New Zealand - it's the most beautiful country in the world. I lived in Christchurch just before I came over here - of course, after the earthquake not so long ago, they will still be repairing, but it doesn't make it any less an awesome place to live :)

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman
Thanks for the great response Rosie, I appreciate it!

As far as NZ being in the stone ages... well, I sure didn't think that. Just had read a little bit about the ban on certain supplements like DHEA and also not finding any good info on TRT over there I was beginning to get a little nervous.

My brother and business partner have both been to Christchurch to scout it out and I will be making a trip in March of 2011 to see things myself and meet with an immigration advisor, set up a bank account etc, etc.... We've heard absolutely wonderful things about life in NZ and it is our dream to live there soon! I spent 5 years in Hawaii and 2 1/2 in Japan so I'm longing to get back to an island life once again!

I definitely plan on bringing a copy of my medical records with me when approaching doc's in NZ. Just really don't want to have any down time from my TRT as I'm finally beginning to feel like "me" once again and don't want to lose it even temporarily.

If you have any other advice or recommendations as far as Christchurch, medical advice over there, etc... please don't hesitate to pass it on. I would LOVE to get any insight you might be willing to provide.

I'll be PM you my contact info as well. Perhaps if you're willing you might feel free to contact me in person as this back and forth might get a bit tedious.

Thanks much

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the great response Rosie, I appreciate it!

As far as NZ being in the stone ages... well, I sure didn't think that. Just had read a little bit about the ban on certain supplements like DHEA and also not finding any good info on TRT over there I was beginning to get a little nervous.

My brother and business partner have both been to Christchurch to scout it out and I will be making a trip in March of 2011 to see things myself and meet with an immigration advisor, set up a bank account etc, etc.... We've heard absolutely wonderful things about life in NZ and it is our dream to live there soon! I spent 5 years in Hawaii and 2 1/2 in Japan so I'm longing to get back to an island life once again!

I definitely plan on bringing a copy of my medical records with me when approaching doc's in NZ. Just really don't want to have any down time from my TRT as I'm finally beginning to feel like "me" once again and don't want to lose it even temporarily.

If you have any other advice or recommendations as far as Christchurch, medical advice over there, etc... please don't hesitate to pass it on. I would LOVE to get any insight you might be willing to provide.

I'll be PM you my contact info as well. Perhaps if you're willing you might feel free to contact me in person as this back and forth might get a bit tedious.

Thanks much
It's not so much a "ban" as a limitation on the ability to import products that contain medication prescription compounds. New Zealand, Australia, and Canada are the three strictest countries in the world re Customs.

Living in New Zealand is certainly not living an "island life", but it's not like being over here either.

I'm not an expert on TRT or HRT by any means. Even though I got weekly bloods done for years, I don't even go to the doctors unless I absolutely have to.

As I mentioned in the PM, I would contact MedSafe and see what they will and not allow you to import - even go to the NZ Customs website and find out what can be taken into the country. Re medical advice, I suggest that you contact a medical professional in Christchurch and query them. If you're going to be going there in March, definitely set up an appointment with one if you want to find out more information on what they will and will not do for you.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

8thangel

Awards
Very much appreciate your input!~

By the way, just curious how long you've been in the US and are you from NZ originally? What made you decide to come here and do plan to go back at all?

Reason I ask is that I've met a couple at my daughters school who are from NZ and they say they miss it very much and are thinking to go back but can't afford to right now....

It's not so much a "ban" as a limitation on the ability to import products that contain medication prescription compounds. New Zealand, Australia, and Canada are the three strictest countries in the world re Customs.

Living in New Zealand is certainly not living an "island life", but it's not like being over here either.

I'm not an expert on TRT or HRT by any means. Even though I got weekly bloods done for years, I don't even go to the doctors unless I absolutely have to.

As I mentioned in the PM, I would contact MedSafe and see what they will and not allow you to import - even go to the NZ Customs website and find out what can be taken into the country. Re medical advice, I suggest that you contact a medical professional in Christchurch and query them. If you're going to be going there in March, definitely set up an appointment with one if you want to find out more information on what they will and will not do for you.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Very much appreciate your input!~

By the way, just curious how long you've been in the US and are you from NZ originally? What made you decide to come here and do plan to go back at all?

Reason I ask is that I've met a couple at my daughters school who are from NZ and they say they miss it very much and are thinking to go back but can't afford to right now....
No worries :)

Yes, I am a Kiwi, born and bred - which is why is says "Kiwi in the United States" as my "Location". I came over here last July. Yes, I definitely plan on going back - I had only originally planned on being here for THREE MONTHS! - trust me, I definitely prefer New Zealand to the US. If you review my 2009 training/supplementation journal, http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/112832-female-terminator-chronicles.html, it is all in there.

I suggest that you take a look around the board and get to know the back stories of a few of the members here - there's a couple of Kiwis besides me around.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman