boosting testosterone via clomid/hcg

freederry

Awards
Hi
I had an hormonal crash after taking finasteride. My T levels are bottom of the range and have severe ED, muscle loss, joint ache, no libido etc.

I'm 31 and want to try and raise T endogenously thru hcg, clomid and stuff like d aspartic acid.

I need to treat my low cortisol first however.

But when I do move on to T what are the best supps and vits to run in tandem with clomid/hcg? Would herbal antiestrogens be enough or would I have to resort to tamoxifen?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi
I had an hormonal crash after taking finasteride. My T levels are bottom of the range and have severe ED, muscle loss, joint ache, no libido etc.

I'm 31 and want to try and raise T endogenously thru hcg, clomid and stuff like d aspartic acid.

I need to treat my low cortisol first however.

But when I do move on to T what are the best supps and vits to run in tandem with clomid/hcg? Would herbal antiestrogens be enough or would I have to resort to tamoxifen?
i would you see if you pass the clomid challenge first to see if you are primary or secondardy. Once this is known then one can preceed with either TRT or a restart with proper nutritoinal support. One also need to check the thyroid and adrenals because they all work together. People need to come off to strong foundation of proper hormone balance and nutrients that support hormonal production and function.

ProfBush

Awards
After you get your test results and start your protocol, you may want to consider an aromatase inhibitor such as arimidex in very low doses. I find that as little as .25 mg/week controls what E2 sides I have on HRT. I personally would avoid tamoxifen/Nolvadex because it is a known hepatic carcinogen.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
After you get your test results and start your protocol, you may want to consider an aromatase inhibitor such as arimidex in very low doses. I find that as little as .25 mg/week controls what E2 sides I have on HRT. I personally would avoid tamoxifen/Nolvadex because it is a known hepatic carcinogen.
If you are not on TRT armidex is not a long term solution, but finding why the body is making or not metaboliszing estrogen properly. This takes a little digging and asking proper questions. I have had several clients/patients I have worked with that had a simple lifestyle or were eating too much of the wrong food or not enough of the right food. The liver is a huge compenent in regulating estrogen metabolism. Due to today over whelming toxins the liver can get sluggish and needs alittle help to over come these.

vkg1

Awards
Why do doctors try Clomid first rather than a low dose of an AI? I ask because one of the main things that I think people like about having healthy (as opposed to suppresed) T levels is the restoration of the confidence, well-being, etc that T provides. But Clomid is known for having the potential to actually cause its own problems (being emotional, moody, etc) in these areas whereas AIs are not so much.

I understand that Clomid has more of a direct T-production-stimulation effect. However, as I understand it, AIs also have (though to lesser degree) T stimulating effects of their own. I'm especially referring to how when you lower estrogen it can actually, in addition to increasing free T due to less binding to estrogen, induce greater T production as a response to the lower overall estrogen levels themselves.

I'm sure there are very good reasons why doctors try Clomid first. But could someone tell me why? Isn't it possible that there would be cases where all a guy needed was higher T relative to E and an AI would meet this need while not having the side-effects that come with Clomid?

blastedlooger

Awards
Clomid produces a much bigger response. You're balls will actually get bigger if it's working. AI's are much less noticeable and won't be as easy to tell if it's working.