New to TRT need help

Bigdaddy46

Awards
OK Guys here's the deal. Finally got my Dr. after almost 2 yrs. to start me on TRT. I am 49 yrs. old and my test levels have ranged from a high of 340 to a low of 244, most have been in the 260's. My primary Dr. sent me to 2 endo's which were a total waste of time. The last endo said even if he did treat me it would be to get me in the 350 range. My Dr. started me on 100mg. test cyp. every 2 weeks, I told him that I didn't think that it would be enough and he said that we want to start out slow. Is this really enough to help me? or should it be 100mg. each week.

bomb402

Awards
I have a somewhat unique approach to TRT. Less is more with TRT. I would divide the dose up to like 75mg every 5 days. All MORE does is shutdown your pituitary, shrink your nuts, give you bitch tits, and make your blood extremely thick. When your estrogen rises you are screwed - and that will happen on a higher dose. Now any injection that lasts longer than a day (virtually every test injection brand but pure testosterone) will totally shut you down. I prefer a low dose of 10% compounded cream at the local pharmacy 2 x per day at less than pea size doses. I have gone the 200mg of cypionate injections per week route and it was wayyy too much. After a certain point your body just aromatises the rest into estrogen and all you are doing is overworking your liver and aging yourself faster.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I'm 45 and my doc has me doing 100mg test cyp. Every five days. I tried androgel(no good), testim (ok) bur this dose is perfect. I went from 330 to 775 and once to 1100 but itwas after a shot .

Make sure your doc works with you and is willing to adjust. If not, there are hundreds of doctors ready to accept your co pay .

Bigdaddy46

Awards
My primary dr. I have known for a while and he was apprehensive about trt because of the whole steroid thing. Finally after seeing two endo's he sent me too and their unwillingness to treat me simply because my numbers didn't support it in their opinion irregardless of my symptoms he agreed to treat me. I can tell you based on my experience their isn't a whole lot of dr.'s that will treat this. I finally went to my primary and flat told him that if he didn't treat me I wouldn't get treated. I also gave him a book that I got by Dr. Morgentaler called Testosterone for Life. I told my doc that I thought he was open minded enough to read it and he did. That's what really pushed him to treat me.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My primary dr. I have known for a while and he was apprehensive about trt because of the whole steroid thing. Finally after seeing two endo's he sent me too and their unwillingness to treat me simply because my numbers didn't support it in their opinion irregardless of my symptoms he agreed to treat me. I can tell you based on my experience their isn't a whole lot of dr.'s that will treat this. I finally went to my primary and flat told him that if he didn't treat me I wouldn't get treated. I also gave him a book that I got by Dr. Morgentaler called Testosterone for Life. I told my doc that I thought he was open minded enough to read it and he did. That's what really pushed him to treat me.
TRT is best given with the gels with hcg if they are best absorbed. Some peoples nut do not shrink and others do. Every one is different which makes it difficult for the dr in some extreme cases. If gels are not working with in 2 weeks levels should be checked. Patients should be checked with in 2-3 weeks on gels because it can cause their levels to go even lower making them feel like crap if only a little bit is getting absorbed which causes a negative feed back loop. If this happens the DR sees depression and offers them an antidepressant instead of checking the proper levels of hormones.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
TRT is best given with the gels with hcg if they are best absorbed. Some peoples nut do not shrink and others do. Every one is different which makes it difficult for the dr in some extreme cases. If gels are not working with in 2 weeks levels should be checked. Patients should be checked with in 2-3 weeks on gels because it can cause their levels to go even lower making them feel like crap if only a little bit is getting absorbed which causes a negative feed back loop. If this happens the DR sees depression and offers them an antidepressant instead of checking the proper levels of hormones.
I have to disagree with Matrix. Whether gel or injectable or pellet, these are as my Doc describes, simply different delivery systems . It all boils down to what is most convenient and effective for you. Example, if you work outside or sweat a lot, gels won't be very effective, plus it's an everyday thing. Injections produce a spike and low but are more convenient and effective for the long haul. I have done both and injections win hands down.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have to disagree with Matrix. Whether gel or injectable or pellet, these are as my Doc describes, simply different delivery systems . It all boils down to what is most convenient and effective for you. Example, if you work outside or sweat a lot, gels won't be very effective, plus it's an everyday thing. Injections produce a spike and low but are more convenient and effective for the long haul. I have done both and injections win hands down.
If there are no thyroid, or adrenal issues, then gels would be the first route of adminstration. Compounded gels are the best as they allow for less e2 and dht conversion due to smaller application area. They can be applied right after showers on forearms as they dry in minutes, one can sweat in matter of half hour to an hour with no issues. If a person is concerned about transfer then shots are always an options. Pellets work, but are expensive and pain in the ass to be put in every 3 months. You are correct as to every is different, but from a clincal stand point gels are usually first attempted. If you get a compounding pharmacy that is not quality then it can become a huge rollercoaster ride that's for sure. The biggest mistakes dr's make having people test 2 months after application and suffering. Gels should be tested 10-14 days to see if they are absorbing with out HCG.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
although gels do have higher dht and less e2 conversion, the half-life is so short and the uptake is so rapid. I do not like my gels as much as running test-e.

I ran test-e for the hell of it at 250mg/wk, yes my strength was a bit higher etc..but the noticable aspect that i enjoyed was I didn't get the CNS rush twice a day that the gel causes, no mess on my skin, and none of the constant up/down. I felt completely NORMAL and flatline. Everything was 100% consistent, and actually, I required LESS arimdiex.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
although gels do have higher dht and less e2 conversion, the half-life is so short and the uptake is so rapid. I do not like my gels as much as running test-e.

I ran test-e for the hell of it at 250mg/wk, yes my strength was a bit higher etc..but the noticable aspect that i enjoyed was I didn't get the CNS rush twice a day that the gel causes, no mess on my skin, and none of the constant up/down. I felt completely NORMAL and flatline. Everything was 100% consistent, and actually, I required LESS arimdiex.
yes every one feel good on higher dosage because of the increase in dopamine. Good gels never leave messes and dry with in 5-10 minutes. The main problem is absorption. With people with low dht gels are the best to get highest increase immediately. 250 mgs is not TRT and is a light steroid cycle. It also may be that ester is better for you then cyp or stuff may be was underdosed.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
OK Guys here's the deal. Finally got my Dr. after almost 2 yrs. to start me on TRT. I am 49 yrs. old and my test levels have ranged from a high of 340 to a low of 244, most have been in the 260's. My primary Dr. sent me to 2 endo's which were a total waste of time. The last endo said even if he did treat me it would be to get me in the 350 range. My Dr. started me on 100mg. test cyp. every 2 weeks, I told him that I didn't think that it would be enough and he said that we want to start out slow. Is this really enough to help me? or should it be 100mg. each week.
Bigdaddy46
When it comes to your own $$ and your own health, you will be well advised to take it into your own hands.
You have no choice, you must be the General Contractor and you must be making decisions who will do what to your health.

You must get educated in both areas.
Mistakes that you will make on the way do not compare to mistakes that will be made by you own "trusty" doctor.

The more titles your doctor have behind his name the more costly those mistakes will be.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spend at least 2 weeks at preliminary education.

Look thru my thread on this board (but please do not post anything there:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

Look thru some threads posted by me here (remove space within link):

list of threads:
http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/search.php?searchid=307280

couple of hot ones:
http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=118063#post118063
http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=118070#post118070

===============

So this post is not totally ideological,
get these tests done and then scan each page of each report and attach it here.

===============

http://spectracell.com/product-specs/
SpectraCell’s micronutrient testing
SpectraCell’s Lipoprotein Particle Profile™
SpectraCell’s The HS-Omega-3® Index

To get Spectracell tested (and to get insurance reimbursement)*
form must be filled up and signed by doctor.
To get form call
Melisa Carol
1-800-227-5227 x1118

http://www.healthremedies.com/search.html

Intracellular Vitamin Analysis by Spectracell
Price: $350.00

Lipoprotein Particle Comprehensive Panel Blood Test by Spectracell
Price: $170.00

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/index.php?option=com_gpanel&Itemid=2&task=view&nav=test&id=47
Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA)
http://www.healthremedies.com/search.html
Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics
Price: $226.00
---------------------------

these tests are meant to be done at LabCorp

1 --------- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
2 --------- CBC w/ diff/PLT
3 --------- Selenium, Whole Blood
4 --------- Copper, serum
5 --------- Zinc
6 --------- Magnesium, RBC
7 --------- Potassium, RBC
8 --------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), Highly Sensitive, CSF
9 --------- Fibrinogen
10 --------- Homocysteine, cardio
11 --------- Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
12 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
13 --------- Iron, Total
14 --------- Ferritin
15 --------- Transferrin
16 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
17 --------- Hemoglobin A1c
18 --------- Hemoglobin, Plasma
19 --------- T3, Total
20 --------- T4, Total
21 --------- T3, Free
22 --------- T4,Free
23 --------- T3, Reverse
24 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
25 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
26 --------- Thyroglobulin
27 --------- Thyroxine-binding globulin
28 --------- Insulin, serum
29 --------- IGF Binding protein-3
30 --------- IGF-1
31 --------- DHEA Sulfate
32 --------- Aldosterone
33 --------- Renin Activity, Plasma
34 --------- ACTH, Plasma
35 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
36 --------- 7:30AM/12PM/3:30PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
37 --------- Prolactin
38 --------- Progesterone
39 --------- Pregnenolone
40 --------- Androstenedione
41 --------- Estradiol, sensitive 140244 (3-70)
42 --------- Estrone, Serum
43 --------- Total Testosterone
44 --------- SHBG
45 --------- Albumin
46 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
47 --------- 3a-Androstanediol Glucuronide
48 --------- Ceruloplasmin
49 --------- Coenzyme Q10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
244.9 ----- 257.2 ----- 780.79
250.00 ----- 272.4 ----- 788.41
250.01 ----- 601.9 ----- 253.3
255.4 ----- 780.4 ----- 255.8
783.9 -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------