Ideal SHBG levels

HenryScriba

Awards
Does anybody here know what are the ideal levels of SHBG in men?

My tests just came back from the lab. According to the lab chart, normal range for adult men is between 13.5 and 71.4 nmol/L. Mine were 55 nmol/L. I guess they could be lower. Should they?

What do you say?

By the way, my DHEA was 9.8 ng/mL (adult males 2.1 to 17.9 ng/mL). Should it be higher or is it just fine?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

My tests just came back from the lab. According to the lab chart, normal range for adult men is between 13.5 and 71.4 nmol/L. Mine were 55 nmol/L. I guess they could be lower. Should they?

What do you say?

By the way, my DHEA was 9.8 ng/mL (adult males 2.1 to 17.9 ng/mL). Should it be higher or is it just fine?
With being 130 lbs at 6 ft high shbg is usually due to malabsorption, starvation, low protein and fat content, thyroid meds, liver issues (alcohol or cirrohsis.

Eat more boy..
DHEA is fine depends on what other factors are involved.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

What do you say?

Normal Hormonal Ranges

SHBG in Adult Men: 6-50 nmol/L

DHEA in Men >20 years: 160 – 800 ng/dl (5.6 – 27.8 nmol/L)

Your SHBG could be a little lower. DHEA seems to be fine.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

HenryScriba

Awards
Normal Hormonal Ranges

SHBG in Adult Men: 6-50 nmol/L

DHEA in Men >20 years: 160 – 800 ng/dl (5.6 – 27.8 nmol/L)

Your SHBG could be a little lower. DHEA seems to be fine.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman
Rosie, do you have any tips on how to lower SHBG levels without resorting to meds? I guess incresing testosterone levels would also be interesting. Any tips on that too? Other than steroids, I mean.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, do you have any tips on how to lower SHBG levels without resorting to meds? I guess incresing testosterone levels would also be interesting. Any tips on that too? Other than steroids, I mean.
There's a few herbal compounds and supplement products that you can use - you definitely do NOT have to resort to using prescription medication or hormonals!

Tips on increasing Testosterone levels? Increasing Testosterone levels is not necessarily going to decrease your SHBG levels, unless the product you were using also acted on your SHBG. But you can increase your Testosterone through nutrition (more good fats), training (squat and deadlift), AND supplementation (Testosterone boosters).

Look into using something like Divanil - it binds SHBG AND increases your FREE Testosterone levels (there's really NO point increasing your Total Testosterone levels without simultaneously boosting your FREE Testosterone, because your body only uses FREE Testosterone. Activate Xtreme, Divanex, etc. all contain it - I would recommend Activate Xtreme.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

HenryScriba

Awards
Increasing Testosterone levels is not necessarily going to decrease your SHBG levels
I know. I just thought I should have them both, higher T and lower SHBG.

Any tips on how to lower SHBG?

By the way, I understand the supplements you've recommended are based on a substance called 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran, found in Urtica dioica, a root which is also used to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. I've recently developed Peyronie's disease due to use of metoprolol, a beta-blocker. However, the problem only manifested after I took a good deal of Prunus africana extract, which also happens to be used to treat BPH. Apparently, both Urtica dioica and Prunus africana have a pharmacological action similar to that of Finasteride, which is inhibition of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. This mechanism kind of messes with DHT levels, since 5-alpha reductase is essential to the conversion of testosterone into DHT, and I firmly believe this inhibition is what worsened my problem.

So I wonder if I might have more trouble by using a supplement with great concentration of 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran. If the substance responsible for the inhibitory effect on 5-alpha reductase is other than 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran, then I guess I probably won't. But it might be that the very same substance that increases testosterone levels also inhibits the enzyme responsible for DHT, and I really wouldn't want to mess with that again.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know. I just thought I should have them both, higher T and lower SHBG.

Any tips on how to lower SHBG?

By the way, I understand the supplements you've recommended are based on a substance called 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran, found in Urtica dioica, a root which is also used to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. I've recently developed Peyronie's disease due to use of metoprolol, a beta-blocker. However, the problem only manifested after I took a good deal of Prunus africana extract, which also happens to be used to treat BPH. Apparently, both Urtica dioica and Prunus africana have a pharmacological action similar to that of Finasteride, which is inhibition of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. This mechanism kind of messes with DHT levels, since 5-alpha reductase is essential to the conversion of testosterone into DHT, and I firmly believe this inhibition is what worsened my problem.

So I wonder if I might have more trouble by using a supplement with great concentration of 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran. If the substance responsible for the inhibitory effect on 5-alpha reductase is other than 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran, then I guess I probably won't. But it might be that the very same substance that increases testosterone levels also inhibits the enzyme responsible for DHT, and I really wouldn't want to mess with that again.
Re lowering SHBG, if you don't want to use anything with Divanol in, then take a look around and do some personal research on other compounds that could aid in this.

Peyronie's disease is something you are born with, not something you "recently develop".

Re Divanol and DHT, Matt Cahil said that:
It only blocks DHT from binding at the prostate and scalp receptors. Thats what makes it so beneficial for prostate health.

Its more of DHT being bound or unbound by SHBG in the prostate. This effect is what give people with BPH positive results. Which is why it was being looked into for treatment in that disease. Depending on the extracts affinity for specific pocket binding abilites is how well it will prevent it from interacting with the prostate.

You actually want an increase in DHT. DHT is the more anabolic hormone in the body. Increasing test and decreasing its conversion of DHT can sometimes lead to a host fo side effects. Loss of sex drive, gyno etc. (Just read some of the info on Avodart and Ive exp those problems with it).

DHT at the prostate is not a problem, its estrogen at the prostate when there are very low levels of DHT or Test.
An interesting article to read on DHT: The Facts & Myths about DHT.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

HenryScriba

Awards
Peyronie's disease is something you are born with, not something you "recently develop".
No it isn't. I must differ on this. The exact cause of Peyronie's disease is unknown; it's therefore an idiopathic disease. However, there seems to be a correlation between it and the use of either beta-blockers or 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, or even both, as well as low androgen levels. How exactly these meds and hypogonadism favor the onset of Peyronie's is yet to be established, but most men who show up at a consulting room complaining of a hardened mass in their penises (in medical terms, an accumulation of scar tissue in the tunica albuginea) will do it without ever having had it before, in most cases reporting use of beta-blockers or 5ar inhibitors such as Propecia.

Anyway, thanks for the rest. The article on DHT seems to be very good.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
No it isn't. I must differ on this. The exact cause of Peyronie's disease is unknown; it's therefore an idiopathic disease. However, there seems to be a correlation between it and the use of either beta-blockers or 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, or even both, as well as low androgen levels. How exactly these meds and hypogonadism favor the onset of Peyronie's is yet to be established, but most men who show up at a consulting room complaining of a hardened mass in their penises (in medical terms, an accumulation of scar tissue in the tunica albuginea) will do it without ever having had it before, in most cases reporting use of beta-blockers or 5ar inhibitors such as Propecia.

Anyway, thanks for the rest. The article on DHT seems to be very good.
Look at iodine for peyronies as I helped a guy with this condition a few years ago.

HenryScriba

Awards
Look at iodine for peyronies as I helped a guy with this condition a few years ago.
Did he completely recover from it? By the way, how old was he? Do you know if he used beta-blockers or 5ar inhibitors? Just curious.

And thanks for the tip. I'll look it up.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

What do you say?

I do not spend much time on this board, if you want comment from me on your post, PM me.

Ideal SHBG=20
good SHBG(15-25)

Do not use Danazol or Stanozolol (Winny) to lower SHBG.
Any natural remedies to raise TotalTestosterone levels, assuming that the work,
will work only for very short time, until body resets to their natural levels.

High or low SHBG levels are often results of other imbalances.

You should review many aspects of your health and adjust what is out of line.

If you are able to arrange for (rather extensive) testing, you may get relief.

I suggest that you drop any and all supplements, minerals, etc,
then recreate your list of supplements using tests.
List of tests (below) should help you figure out your basic supplementation and lipids adjustment.

After you accomplish that do checking and adjusting
adrenals
thyroid
also
pregnenolone
progesterone
Enzymes
probiotics
bile acids
Betaine-HCL

At this point you may have already (naturally) corrected your SHBG, testosterone, estradiol.
This is the time when it is worth to do tests for above.

If you are good with everything above and still have high SHBG
you must do iron study.

You will be planning to introduce testosterone.
Testosterone (in some people) affects iron (ferritin, hemoglobin, hematocrit, other).
While supplementing with testosterone you may end up doing phlebotomies to let the accumulating iron out.
It does not happen often but you have to be careful.

Depending on needs you may have to do blood tests ether at LabCorp or Quest Diagnostics.

If you plan on following my plan, we may discuss it further after you get to this point.

It would be a good idea if you did all the testing below and
post result on this board for evaluation.

Good luck.
==================

http://spectracell.com/product-specs/
SpectraCell’s micronutrient testing
SpectraCell’s Lipoprotein Particle Profile™
SpectraCell’s The HS-Omega-3® Index

To get Spectracell tested (and to get insurance reimbursement)*
form must be filled up and signed by doctor.
To get form call
Melisa Carol
1-800-227-5227 x1118

http://www.healthremedies.com/search.html

Intracellular Vitamin Analysis by Spectracell
Price: $350.00

Lipoprotein Particle Comprehensive Panel Blood Test by Spectracell
Price: $170.00

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/index.php?option=com_gpanel&Itemid=2&task=view&nav=test&id=47
Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA)
http://www.healthremedies.com/search.html
Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics
Price: $226.00

Hair Analysis

Elemental Hair Analysis by Genova Diagnostics
Price: $149.00

=================
=================

these tests are meant to be done at LabCorp
1 --------- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
2 --------- CBC w/ diff/PLT
3 --------- Selenium, Whole Blood
4 --------- Copper, serum
5 --------- Zinc
6 --------- Magnesium, RBC
7 --------- Potassium, RBC
8 --------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), Highly Sensitive, CSF
9 --------- Fibrinogen
10 --------- Homocysteine, cardio
11 --------- Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
12 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
13 --------- Iron, Total
14 --------- Ferritin
15 --------- Transferrin
16 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
17 --------- Hemoglobin A1c
18 --------- Hemoglobin, Plasma
19 --------- T3, Total
20 --------- T4, Total
21 --------- T3, Free
22 --------- T4,Free
23 --------- T3, Reverse
24 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
25 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
26 --------- Thyroglobulin
27 --------- Thyroxine-binding globulin
28 --------- Insulin, serum
29 --------- IGF Binding protein-3
30 --------- IGF-1
31 --------- DHEA Sulfate
32 --------- Aldosterone
33 --------- Renin Activity, Plasma
34 --------- ACTH, Plasma
35 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
36 --------- 7:30AM/12PM/3:30PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
37 --------- Prolactin
38 --------- Progesterone
39 --------- Pregnenolone
40 --------- Androstenedione
41 --------- Estradiol, sensitive 140244 (3-70)
42 --------- Estrone, Serum
43 --------- Total Testosterone
44 --------- SHBG
45 --------- Albumin
46 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
47 --------- 3a-Androstanediol Glucuronide
48 --------- Ceruloplasmin
49 --------- Coenzyme Q10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
244.9 ----- 257.2 ----- 780.79
250.00 ----- 272.4 ----- 788.41
250.01 ----- 601.9 ----- 253.3
255.4 ----- 780.4 ----- 255.8
783.9 -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

///

bomb402

Awards
LOL SHGB is lowered in people with low testosterone aka testicular dysfunction. Lower SHGB is an adaptive mechanism to bring the free testosterone higher in people with already low testosterone. You do not want low SHGB.

HenryScriba

Awards
these tests are meant to be done at LabCorp
1 --------- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
2 --------- CBC w/ diff/PLT
3 --------- Selenium, Whole Blood
4 --------- Copper, serum
5 --------- Zinc
6 --------- Magnesium, RBC
7 --------- Potassium, RBC
8 --------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), Highly Sensitive, CSF
9 --------- Fibrinogen
10 --------- Homocysteine, cardio
11 --------- Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
12 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
13 --------- Iron, Total
14 --------- Ferritin
15 --------- Transferrin
16 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
17 --------- Hemoglobin A1c
18 --------- Hemoglobin, Plasma
19 --------- T3, Total
20 --------- T4, Total
21 --------- T3, Free
22 --------- T4,Free
23 --------- T3, Reverse
24 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
25 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
26 --------- Thyroglobulin
27 --------- Thyroxine-binding globulin
28 --------- Insulin, serum
29 --------- IGF Binding protein-3
30 --------- IGF-1
31 --------- DHEA Sulfate
32 --------- Aldosterone
33 --------- Renin Activity, Plasma
34 --------- ACTH, Plasma
35 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
36 --------- 7:30AM/12PM/3:30PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
37 --------- Prolactin
38 --------- Progesterone
39 --------- Pregnenolone
40 --------- Androstenedione
41 --------- Estradiol, sensitive 140244 (3-70)
42 --------- Estrone, Serum
43 --------- Total Testosterone
44 --------- SHBG
45 --------- Albumin
46 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
47 --------- 3a-Androstanediol Glucuronide
48 --------- Ceruloplasmin
49 --------- Coenzyme Q10
244.9 ----- 257.2 ----- 780.79
250.00 ----- 272.4 ----- 788.41
250.01 ----- 601.9 ----- 253.3
255.4 ----- 780.4 ----- 255.8
783.9 -----

///
JanSz, is 5-alpha reductase testable via blood? I mean, are serum levels of 5ar reliable markers of their proper activity in different parts of the body?

bomb402

Awards
Your SHBG is high so you have a bunch of estrogen binding in with the testosterone causing the testosterone to be virtually negated. The lower your SHBG is, the better odds you won't get bitch tits.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Your SHBG is high so you have a bunch of estrogen binding in with the testosterone causing the testosterone to be virtually negated. The lower your SHBG is, the better odds you won't get bitch tits.
High shbg is a symptom of the cause from many different factors that DR needs to look into..

cdsnuts

cdsnuts

Awards
Hey Fellas,

I'm hoping to get your collective thoughts of the on the topic of stinging nettle. I stumbled on to this old post and thought the topic was fitting. I'm thinking of running a product called phytoserms-347 which has an extract of the herb as one of it's major constituents. Being a PFS guy (Post finasteride syndrome), I'm a bit sensitive to the topic of 5ar inhibition in any way shape or form. There seems to be nothing but conflicting information on the web about this natural herb in regards to inhibiting this enzyme, which, if you don't know, for some guys is disasterous.

Claims:

Lowers DHT
Inhibits 5arII
Binds SHBG
Raises Test
Raises DHT
Raises Libido

just to name a few.

As you can see there are some conflicting claims made up and down about this plant. I've yet to find one study that shows 5ar inhibition (this doesn't mean much, it just means I haven't found one yet, not that there's not one out there.)

What I have found are anecdotal claims from people running the product Phytoserms-347 in regards to libido and INCREASED DHT. Claims such as increased hairloss, increased aggresion and libido. Bacne, etc.

I have found studies showing nettle has an affinity for SHBG in which Test and DHT were increased because of less SHBG. Most of us know that DHT is actually good for an enlarged prostate because of the estrogen antagonism, the opposite of what people think when they think enlarged prostate. (think finasteride). Finasteride involutes the prostate by taking away the life giving androgens that the DHT provides. Whereas when DHT is given for BPH and Estrogen is combatted in this matter, the prostate goes back to it's normal, healthy size. (not killed off from androgen deprivation, like fin does.) This to me seems to suggest, combined with claims made by others, that nettle in fact increases DHT which in turn forces out the bloating effect of Estrogen on the prostate releiving the condition.

I think these claims of DHT decreases and 5ar inhibition are just blind claims made without merit. (I could be wrong) Or made by people who just assume because the prostate has gone back to a normal size and they're pissing straight again, DHT must have been lowered.

Seeing as it's pertinent to this discussion, I'm always amazed by how many people don't realize that the reason Estrogen swells the prostate is because the prostate is the male equivalent of a uterus. When estrogen rises, and too much reaches this gland, it just starts to do what nature intended it to in that hormonal environment. Grow.

So, I'd like to hear you guys chime in on this as I value the experienced posters inputs. After reading my own post, I think I've made up my mind and may just put my money where my mouth is and try it. Even so I'd still like to hear others thoughts and opinions on this.
Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is false!!!

The lower your SHBG, the more free testerosterone AND estrogen you will have.

Proper estrogen management is the only thing that will help prevent gyno. High SHBG also helps prevent gyno, because it attaches itself to free estrogen, but also to free test, which obviously is not too great.

I have my own evidence too. When I significantly lowered my own SHBG, I started to get itchy nipples while constinuing to use the same amount of AI. I had to increase my AI while lowering SHBG.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Hey Fellas,

I'm hoping to get your collective thoughts of the on the topic of stinging nettle. I stumbled on to this old post and thought the topic was fitting. I'm thinking of running a product called phytoserms-347 which has an extract of the herb as one of it's major constituents. Being a PFS guy (Post finasteride syndrome), I'm a bit sensitive to the topic of 5ar inhibition in any way shape or form. There seems to be nothing but conflicting information on the web about this natural herb in regards to inhibiting this enzyme, which, if you don't know, for some guys is disasterous.

Claims:

Lowers DHT
Inhibits 5arII
Binds SHBG
Raises Test
Raises DHT
Raises Libido

just to name a few.

As you can see there are some conflicting claims made up and down about this plant. I've yet to find one study that shows 5ar inhibition (this doesn't mean much, it just means I haven't found one yet, not that there's not one out there.)

What I have found are anecdotal claims from people running the product Phytoserms-347 in regards to libido and INCREASED DHT. Claims such as increased hairloss, increased aggresion and libido. Bacne, etc.

I have found studies showing nettle has an affinity for SHBG in which Test and DHT were increased because of less SHBG. Most of us know that DHT is actually good for an enlarged prostate because of the estrogen antagonism, the opposite of what people think when they think enlarged prostate. (think finasteride). Finasteride involutes the prostate by taking away the life giving androgens that the DHT provides. Whereas when DHT is given for BPH and Estrogen is combatted in this matter, the prostate goes back to it's normal, healthy size. (not killed off from androgen deprivation, like fin does.) This to me seems to suggest, combined with claims made by others, that nettle in fact increases DHT which in turn forces out the bloating effect of Estrogen on the prostate releiving the condition.

I think these claims of DHT decreases and 5ar inhibition are just blind claims made without merit. (I could be wrong) Or made by people who just assume because the prostate has gone back to a normal size and they're pissing straight again, DHT must have been lowered.

Seeing as it's pertinent to this discussion, I'm always amazed by how many people don't realize that the reason Estrogen swells the prostate is because the prostate is the male equivalent of a uterus. When estrogen rises, and too much reaches this gland, it just starts to do what nature intended it to in that hormonal environment. Grow.

So, I'd like to hear you guys chime in on this as I value the experienced posters inputs. After reading my own post, I think I've made up my mind and may just put my money where my mouth is and try it. Even so I'd still like to hear others thoughts and opinions on this.
Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you are on to something. I use nettle root extract for this very reason.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
so what is a safe amount of stinging nettle to take?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
some say its good to reduce shbg to increase free t, and some say its bad to reduce it, so a little conflicting.

can supplements like stinging nettle or divanil be used continuously to reduce shbg?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
some say its good to reduce shbg to increase free t, and some say its bad to reduce it, so a little conflicting.

can supplements like stinging nettle or divanil be used continuously to reduce shbg?
F

Find out why it needs to be altered in the first place. Number one thing I am seeing is inflammation in GI tract and liver as well as xenoestrogens from the environment. American is not in a state of obesity rather a state of inflammation !!

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
F

Find out why it needs to be altered in the first place. Number one thing I am seeing is inflammation in GI tract and liver as well as xenoestrogens from the environment. American is not in a state of obesity rather a state of inflammation !!

So is it ok to take a supplement to reduce shbg to increase free t (such as divanill or nettle root and can these actually work at lowering shbg do you know?)
Or does reducing shbg have a negative feedback meaning the body will soon adjust in some way and increase shbg again, as the amount of free t is what is important then surely it would beneficial to reduce shbg to provide the body with more active free t for positive effects for the body?

what factors can cause high shbg levels- lifestyle? nutritional/dietary? gi inflammation can you eleborate on this?

Thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
what factors can cause high shbg levels- lifestyle? nutritional/dietary? gi inflammation can you eleborate on this?

Thanks
Pretty much self explainatory
Air we breath, water we drink, food we eat, and thoughts we think, lack of sleep, we do not take time to slow down all lead to stress then GI and liver inflammation starting the whole cascade on HPTA,

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Pretty much self explainatory
Air we breath, water we drink, food we eat, and thoughts we think, lack of sleep, we do not take time to slow down all lead to stress then GI and liver inflammation starting the whole cascade on HPTA,

what nutritional factors can increase shbg- can low fat,low carbs?, any certain foods to be avoided? flax and soya and in what amount? even lack of sleep?
im looking to eat a diet thats favourable to reduce shbg as much as possible

what about using natual supps to reduce shbg such as divanil or stinging nettle or any others you could suggest that actually work?

or does reducing shbg with supps is just a short term pointless effect and it will just cause a negative feedback loop and it will only work for so long b4 the body reduces something else or even raises shbg again even if still using the supplement?

Thanks Man.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
what nutritional factors can increase shbg- can low fat,low carbs?, any certain foods to be avoided? flax and soya and in what amount? even lack of sleep?
im looking to eat a diet thats favourable to reduce shbg as much as possible

what about using natual supps to reduce shbg such as divanil or stinging nettle or any others you could suggest that actually work?

or does reducing shbg with supps is just a short term pointless effect and it will just cause a negative feedback loop and it will only work for so long b4 the body reduces something else or even raises shbg again even if still using the supplement?

Thanks Man.
One needs to look at the whole case scenerio to find out factors which may be triggering it. There is a whole list of them.
SHBG should decrease with protein and fat consumptoin, Basically total caloires would be the answer. May be SHBG is increasing due to lower carbs diet. Majority it increases due to inflammation (GI or mainly liver) see this current trend. TO break down in lamens terms Your are toxic !!!

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
I consume high protein, but more fats should help and even more carbs?
would being underweight raise shbg? and eating only at maintenence calories not help as you say more total calories?

what about natural supplements can these work for reducing shbg and keep on working or is do they only work short term, can you reccomend any that work?

as shbg binds to t and E, reducing it in theory should raise free T, but does it also increase E?, or does estrogen not increase because total T doesnt go up just the free T

How does one improve gutt and liver health to reduce shbg?, i did read that the liver was connected to shbg in some way how does one improve liver functioning?

Thanks Matrix

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I consume high protein, but more fats should help and even more carbs?
would being underweight raise shbg? and eating only at maintenence calories not help as you say more total calories?

what about natural supplements can these work for reducing shbg and keep on working or is do they only work short term, can you reccomend any that work?

as shbg binds to t and E, reducing it in theory should raise free T, but does it also increase E?, or does estrogen not increase because total T doesnt go up just the free T

How does one improve gutt and liver health to reduce shbg?, i did read that the liver was connected to shbg in some way how does one improve liver functioning?

Thanks Matrix
The number one question I ask in any case is What are causing the symptoms? Then why and how..
Supplements are short term no long termed solution.
When I always ask Peter Rouse he tells me to keep digging, but will give me valuable clues. I kind of look at him as a mentor because he does not give me all the answer but leads me on to find it for myself.

Why are you have SHBG issues?
Toxcity and imbalances with in specific organs system

What could be causing them
Altered GI and liver function

How to correct them is purely individual
Some people with use plant based enzyme other will use animal based.

This is what integrative and individual medicine ideology is
One size does not fit all
"Some one golds may be another person poison" why I do not recommend to take anything in specific quantity which other have been stated usually whats on the label. When I have more data on the person or Dr's patient then there can be more validation for making them ..

I have been messed up a lot of set backs from playing monkey see monkey do from people on line.