Increased DHT level
- 09-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Increased DHT level
I've been on test a little more than than a month...
I had new blood work done about a week ago...
DHT 94 ng/dl (ref. 25 - 75)
Total test 728 ng/dl ( ref. 250 - 1000)
% Free test 3.11 % (ref. 1.5 - 2.2)
Free test 226.2 pg/ml (35 - 155)
Estradiol 52 (13 - 54)
PSA, Total 0.4 ng/ml
Below was my old number before HRT.
DHT 35 ng/dl (ref. 25 - 75)
Total test 251 ng/dl ( ref. 250 - 1000)
% Free test Don't recall this number
Free test 63.6 pg/ml (35 - 155)
Estradiol 41 (13 - 54)
PSA, Total 0.3 ng/ml
As you can see from above results, my DHT went up pretty much. It is not above the ref. range. Estrogen level wasn't good before and it is increased even more though it didn't went up as much as DHT.
Here are my questions:
1) SHould I worry about my DHT level? It is above the ref. range. Moreover, it almost tripled from previous value.
2)Is my estrogen value too high? in relation to my test values and DHT values?
3) If my DHT is too high, what can I do to lower the DHT level?
I am using test gel from compounding pharmacy. 100mg per day, 10%. Currently, I am not using any other medication relating to HRT.
Any advice or suggestions?
- 09-27-2010, 08:15 PM
I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
09-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks for answer!
The blood is drawn about a month from the T-Gel application.
If I understand you correctly, my DHT level is not something to worry too much as long as e2 is low which means I need to drop my current e2 level to somewhere close to what you mentioned. I guess I should work on bringing down my e2 level then.
It seems like arimidex is the most popular choice for e2 control in this forum. What could be the good starting dosage with my current e2 level?
09-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By liquid in forum SupplementsReplies: 38Last Post: 06-09-2014, 02:40 AM
- By dizdabiz in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2009, 11:05 AM
- By Boyders in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 08-01-2008, 07:43 PM
- By Anarchy939 in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-03-2005, 01:27 AM