Question about Hrt

1. Registered User
    Answers

Question about Hrt

My doc perscribed me test depot 100mg every other week because of low free and total test. Blood work taken early morning. Total T:240 and Free: 44. Age 33. My question is that is this a good dosage and will it shut my natural test down and will I need to take it for the rest of my life. Also is there a tolerance build up. Thanks

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

thats a horrible starting dose and timing. every other week is bad no matter the dose. most docs start people at a minimum of 100/week. but even if you went with a weekly dose of 50 thats not going to do much of anything for you. id ask the dr to at least get you to 100/week and then retest in 6-8 weeks
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, 100 a week is a lot more realistic. Yes it will shut down what little test production you have, and you will be have to take it the rest of your life. And no, there is no tolerance.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

from my understanding, 200 every other week is more of a physiological dosage and anything less than wont do much but make u feel like crap.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for the replies. I will call my endocronologist to see if I can take it weekly
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

One of the reasons doctors prescribe EOW is because they don't allow the patient to self administer at home, so you have to go in to the doctor’s office every time you need a shot and for most people, a weekly trip to the doctor gets old real quick. The first thing you might try is letting the doctor know you don't mind weekly shots which you would prefer because it results in more stable blood levels.

In my opinion, the goal should be to find out what your proper dose is, then allow you to administer the shots at home after the doc shows you how. If your doctor has no intention of ever allowing this, I would think about looking for a new doctor. It's my feeling that any doctor with this attitude views his patient more as a drug abuser that can't be trusted than a patient receiving medical treatment, but that's just how I feel about it.

Once you are allowed to self inject at home, you could even pin twice a week, just cut the dose in half. This is what I do. When I shared this with my doc, he thought it was great since it makes for even more stable blood levels.

Currently I'm at 100mg twice a week. I went in and had my own labs done to find out where I was and found I had gone from 240 up to 803. At this dose I feel noticeably better, stronger, my recovery is like it was ten years ago, I feel better when I wake up and my mood is better.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Most doctors don't prescribe self-injection because of safety concerns, DEA concerns for them, plus the fact that although many insurance plans won't cover the cost of self injectibles other than insulin, they will cover doctor office visits.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Besides endocronologist what other doctors provide HRT. I was thinking of trying an anti aging doctor or Holistic medicine
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nobel252 View Post
    Besides endocronologist what other doctors provide HRT. I was thinking of trying an anti aging doctor or Holistic medicine
    A lot of the threads I have read on here really talk down Endo's. I don't know exactly why. Maybe someone could expand on that. As for which doctors can provide HRT, mine is just my family doctor who I have been seeing for years. I don't know if insurance companies recognize anti aging clinics or not. If someone knows the answer to this I would be interested as well.
    Last edited by Badco1989; 09-23-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Badco1989 View Post
    I lot of the threads I have read on here really talk down Endo's. I don't know exactly why. Maybe someone could expand on that. As for which doctors can provide HRT, mine is just my family doctor who I have been seeing for years. I don't know if insurance companies recognize anti aging clinics or not. If someone knows the answer to this I would be interested as well.
    Insurance companies would recognize anti-aging clinics except for the fact that anti-aging clinics force you to order from their compounding pharmacy even if the exact same medication is available as brand name. Most insurance companies will not pay for that.

The problem with many endos is that out of the whole endocrinological systems, the sex hormones is only a part, and prior to the last maybe 5-10 years it wasn't commonly talked about. So there are only a limited # of endos who have really stayed on top of the latest research and development in the area. Remember, many doctors get a lot of their new knowledge just from talking to pharmaceutical reps, and what books/magazines they read.
    This space for rent

11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nobel252 View Post
    If you need a good holistic MD that specializes in lastest cutting edge HRT and accepts many insurance feel free to pm me.

One needs to find a dr that looks at the causes vs just the symptoms. I have been through the ringer with 40 different drs, $70,000 over past 7 years on medical idiots so I know what all of you are going through..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

my endo perscribed me self injections. i was very surprised when he called and told me. i was on androgel and i didnt like because of always being around children. i start next month.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements