TRT low on DHT

akiravp82

Awards
long story short the gels are not working for me, so im going to try injections next, problem is im really low on DHT bottom end of the scale, and from my understanding injections dont raise DHT or they raise it very little, so what do people usually do in this situation?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
T-gel on the nads shoot DHT way up. Why weren't the gels working for you? What percentage have you been using?

If the gels haven't been working, and you've tried a few of them, it's possible your thyroid has issues, which causes malabsorption through the skin. Aim to apply gel to forearms, inner thighs, wrists, tops of feet, inner bicep. You will get the best absorption in these areas. Add a little bit to your nads, and things should be good in the DHT department.

akiravp82

Awards
im using a compounded gel from life extension on the stick it sais 100mg/1ml , im applying 4 clicks first thing in the morning in the inner bicep area , i noticed after im done rubbing it it leaves alot of white sticky residue behind i dont know if that has anything to do with it? ive been currently taking it for one month and still not results in testosterone or DHT, really weird..... , im also treating my thyroid so i should be absorbing it , my DHT is at the bottom end of the scale so its really going to suck if i cant get the gels to work since everyone sais injections dont raise DHT.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It may be that you need to spread that dosage over a larger area, the inner biceps alone is a pretty small amount of skin

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
im using a compounded gel from life extension on the stick it sais 100mg/1ml , im applying 4 clicks first thing in the morning in the inner bicep area , i noticed after im done rubbing it it leaves alot of white sticky residue behind i dont know if that has anything to do with it? ive been currently taking it for one month and still not results in testosterone or DHT, really weird..... , im also treating my thyroid so i should be absorbing it , my DHT is at the bottom end of the scale so its really going to suck if i cant get the gels to work since everyone sais injections dont raise DHT.
I was hit or miss with compounded creams/gels for TRT for 2 years. Blood tests flucuatated wildly. I also tried LEF creams and gels 100mg/ml and 200mg/ml. I couldn't absorb those too well either - got the same residue that you speak of (and crappy blood tests to go with it).

Lo and behold AndroGel came to the rescue. I know a lot of people who swear by the compounded route, but for me Big Pharma came through in spades. Consistent BW for TT in the range I need to be in 900-1100 (for free T purposes). I did double my DHT from the normal range but I really feel good, libido is great, doc doesn't seem to mind (PSA less than .5), and no noticeable hair loss. AndroGel will increase your DHT, shots won't. AndroGel dries almost instantly so you don't have to constantly worry about bumping into anyone with your greasy skin. I use the pump bottle - very convenient, no mess.

Better still, my insurance covers it so my out of pocket is $20 a month versus $40 a month for some hit or miss compounded product. I was tired of living blood test to blood test and AndroGel stopped all that. I know I could have gone the shot route but I actually like the daily application of test - seems more natural (plus I'm a wuss about IM shots).

If you are covered (insurance) and not getting good absorption on the compounded products, and don't want to go the shot route just yet, why not ask your doc about AndroGel or Testim?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
long story short the gels are not working for me, so im going to try injections next, problem is im really low on DHT bottom end of the scale, and from my understanding injections dont raise DHT or they raise it very little, so what do people usually do in this situation?
adding in HCG 250 ius every 3 rd day should help increase Testosterone and also DHT as T increases DHT will also go up as well as e2. Please keep an eye on Estrodial. If you are taking alot of zinc you may want to reduce it because it can lower DHT due to its activation of 5 alpha reductase.