Need a little Help

US Grunt

Awards
Just starting to get back into working out and would like to know what would be the best course of action to take when adding the use of proformance suppliments. I was about to make a purchase through Primo Labs, but then I read the reviews that most of you good people posted and became very intersted in what the problem was. So thanks for that near costly mistake. But if anyone has any idea on what a good starter set would be I am all ears. However I am limited to a strict budget.

Very Respectfully
US. Grunt

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First off, welcome back to the game.

If you're just getting back, then IMO the best course of action is to not bother with supps. You will probably make great gains without any at this point. Apart from the actual workouts, diet is the most important. By diet I don't just mean eating healthy foods, I also mean tracking portions and counting calories. The correct energy balance is essential to building muscle or losing fat.

Protein powder is a convenient way to get more protein in the diet - I consider it more food than supplement but real food is best. Creatine is pretty cheap over the long run. However considering the power of the placebo effect and the regulation in the supp industry I think most are bunk. However, I do not consider prohormones supplements...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, welcome back to the game.

If you're just getting back, then IMO the best course of action is to not bother with supps. You will probably make great gains without any at this point. Apart from the actual workouts, diet is the most important. By diet I don't just mean eating healthy foods, I also mean tracking portions and counting calories. The correct energy balance is essential to building muscle or losing fat.

Protein powder is a convenient way to get more protein in the diet - I consider it more food than supplement but real food is best. Creatine is pretty cheap over the long run. However considering the power of the placebo effect and the regulation in the supp industry I think most are bunk. However, I do not consider prohormones supplements...

I agree with this. Get your diet in check and with the right training, since you are just getting back into it, you gains will be off the chain. Maybe hold off on some of the supps until those nice new gains start slowing down.

US Grunt

Awards
Thanks for the help with this. I do have one question in regards to supps. I talked to an old friend in the health care business, He mentioned to me that due to my age that I might consider a testosterone suppliment and something called HGH, to help with recovery and avoid the possibility of injury. Anything you can tell me about these two items? I'm all ears. And again thanks

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help with this. I do have one question in regards to supps. I talked to an old friend in the health care business, He mentioned to me that due to my age that I might consider a testosterone suppliment and something called HGH, to help with recovery and avoid the possibility of injury. Anything you can tell me about these two items? I'm all ears. And again thanks
Your friend is referring to testosterone boosters and human growth hormone.

The former is anything that it said to boost your NATURAL or free testosterone levels. As before, I am not convinced that such things are as effective as advertised.

The latter is an injectable performance enhancing drug. To be honest I am pretty surprised that he would recommend HGH. Basically this drug is in the same category as anabolic steroids and is very expensive. If you are set on not going about things naturally, just go to the anabolics section and research a beginner's cycle.