Chloresterol at 103 PLEASE HELP

  1. New Member
    stilllearnin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    110
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

    Chloresterol at 103 PLEASE HELP


    I just got my metobolic panel and it came back with my chloresterol at 103 with a range of 125 - 200.

    I know this isnt good but what is going on and how can i increase this?

  2. Senior Member
    ambulldog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Power
    8436
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    17.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i had cholesterol lower than that. i then upped my saturated fat intake(i was on a very strict cutting diet for 8 months), nothing crazy but ate whole eggs instead of just whites and added more beef 80/20 instead of 93/7. kept the efa's up also. the next year my cholesterol was fine. you cant find much info on problems related to low chol but as you stated its not good. i wouldnt worry too much. adjust your diet as i di and get bw done agfain in a few months and im sure you'll be fine
  3. SupermanStrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    51.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by stilllearnin1 View Post
    I just got my metobolic panel and it came back with my chloresterol at 103 with a range of 125 - 200.

    I know this isnt good but what is going on and how can i increase this?
    red meats, Fatty meats though. not overly fatty, but 80/20 is good. Increase fat intake all around
    •   
       

  4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852764
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Coconut oil is another good source of saturated fat
  5. SupermanStrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    51.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Coconut oil is another good source of saturated fat
    yea but its more MCTs. It will help though.
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SupermanStrng View Post
    yea but its more MCTs. It will help though.
    Low cholesterol will kill you faster then higher cholesterol. It can also end up making you kill your self. It was found that suicidal rate was higher with people with low cholestetrol. I would look into fat malabsorption, celiac,and food allergies as possible irrational to the intestinal wall. Another source may be heavy metal toxins and also leaky gut or autoimmune disorders. So low cholesterol I will not take lightly. With out cholesterol you can not make your hormones resulting in low T, cortisol, and other hormones of cascade. I have studied low cholesterol for years and it is notihng to take lightly resulting in faster way to depression, stroke and eventually dealth.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. New Member
    andrewcb's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    24.43%

    hemp oil<nasty **** but HANDS DOWN best source of all fatty acids.....i take 2 tbsp after each workout as it also has all 10 ess. aminos with more omega then fish! its like 20 bucks for a months supply...get it at a organic store
  8. Senior Member
    ambulldog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Power
    8436
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    17.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Low cholesterol will kill you faster then higher cholesterol. It can also end up making you kill your self. It was found that suicidal rate was higher with people with low cholestetrol. I would look into fat malabsorption, celiac,and food allergies as possible irrational to the intestinal wall. Another source may be heavy metal toxins and also leaky gut or autoimmune disorders. So low cholesterol I will not take lightly. With out cholesterol you can not make your hormones resulting in low T, cortisol, and other hormones of cascade. I have studied low cholesterol for years and it is notihng to take lightly resulting in faster way to depression, stroke and eventually dealth.
    when my cholesterol tested low i looked into it and read similar things but really couldnt nail down any hard info. i just knew from what i read it wasnt good
  9. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    when my cholesterol tested low i looked into it and read similar things but really couldnt nail down any hard info. i just knew from what i read it wasnt good
    Mainly due to intestinal inflammation, over active thyroid, excessive of androgens (dhea, testosteorne,) celiac, food allergies, bile acid insufficeny, inflamed intestinal tract. I have seen all these cases and have treated all of them with great success. Identifying the culprit is the most difficult, but use same approach to each. Correcting this can correct hormonal issue may be not testosterone, but may be adrenal issues. Since I have been through this already please feel free to Pm me...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in