few questions thyroid meds

akiravp82

Awards
im new to thyroid meds , just started at 2 grains armour in the morning, im a little confused with a few things,

1: my doctor told me to take 2 grains of armour when i first wake up, armour from my understanding is a combination of t4 and t3 and i correct me if im wrong but the half life of t3 is preety short wouldent i feel like crap later in the day? isnt it better if i dose out the thyroid lets say 1 grain the morning 1/2 grain afternoon another 1/2 at night?

2: how long does it usually take until thyroid meds start kicking in?

3: does thyroid meds suppress adrenals in any way?

thanks guys!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
im new to thyroid meds , just started at 2 grains armour in the morning, im a little confused with a few things,

1: my doctor told me to take 2 grains of armour when i first wake up, armour from my understanding is a combination of t4 and t3 and i correct me if im wrong but the half life of t3 is preety short wouldent i feel like crap later in the day? isnt it better if i dose out the thyroid lets say 1 grain the morning 1/2 grain afternoon another 1/2 at night?

2: how long does it usually take until thyroid meds start kicking in?

3: does thyroid meds suppress adrenals in any way?

thanks guys!
Dr that tells you to take all of it in morning has no clue how to treat thyroid disorders

1 grain am and 1 grain 6-8 hours later.
Did you build up gradually or 2 grains right off the bat?
Kicks in with in a few days

If adrenal issues are present already it will make them even weaker.

Bob Jones

Awards
Dr that tells you to take all of it in morning has no clue how to treat thyroid disorders

1 grain am and 1 grain 6-8 hours later.
Did you build up gradually or 2 grains right off the bat?
Kicks in with in a few days

If adrenal issues are present already it will make them even weaker.
I am going through the same thing , and my doctor has not checked my adrenals. The thyroid pill has become the magic bullet for many of these doctors. I started with a new doctor this year and may have to change doctors again. More money wasted.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am going through the same thing , and my doctor has not checked my adrenals. The thyroid pill has become the magic bullet for many of these doctors. I started with a new doctor this year and may have to change doctors again. More money wasted.
I spent over 50,000 on medical Dr's, quacks and shrinks supplements so I feel your pain. I have been through all this before and can reduce healing time by having people avoid pitfalls. By time people end up finding and coming to me they have been through about 20-30 dr;s over the years with no resoluition.

akiravp82

Awards
my doctor is mariano so i trust him more than anyone , i am currently taking 1 grain in the morning then will build to 1 and 1/2 then eventually 2 grains, and yes when i get to 2 grains the instructions are to take them both in the morning when i wake up , as far as my adrenals, they seem to be working good only first thing in the morning then later in the day im crashing preety bad, but my doctor only checks morning cortisol and bases everything on that he doesnt beleive in 4x day cortisol.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
my doctor is mariano so i trust him more than anyone , i am currently taking 1 grain in the morning then will build to 1 and 1/2 then eventually 2 grains, and yes when i get to 2 grains the instructions are to take them both in the morning when i wake up , as far as my adrenals, they seem to be working good only first thing in the morning then later in the day im crashing preety bad, but my doctor only checks morning cortisol and bases everything on that he doesnt beleive in 4x day cortisol.
Dr M is fantastic dr
you are in good hands..
may be his idea is the body can handle them in the morning more in the afternoon may cause you to crash. You on HC as well which may be needed in the afternoon.