What is my methylation status please?

  1. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    What is my methylation status please?


    I have been diagnosed with ADD- Innatentive.... Which means I am slow, lethargic, I have always been shy, unable to concentrate, anhedonic etc. Also have adrenal and thyroid issues, hard gainer and skinny fat, brain fog, and slow processing speed. Also My mind seems understimulating in some ways.... but in other ways it is over (excess glutamate?) such as always in my head with thoughts bouncing around pinging and creating constant internal dialog.

    Just some general numbers from my labs which please keep in mind are two years old:

    CBC
    White count- 4.6 (ref 3.8-10.8)
    Red count - 5.78 (ref 4.2-5.8)

    MPV- 7.4 (7.5-11.5)
    Glucose - 93 (dont remember if I Fasted for this CBC)

    Hormones
    Progesterone - 0.5 (<1.4)ref
    Pregnenenolone <5 (13-208)
    Total T- 543
    Free T% -1.8 (1.5-2.2)
    Free T Total - 97.7 (35-155)
    Saliva Cortisol Burden - 80 (ref 23-42)
    Saliva DHEA - 15 (ref 3-10)

    Saliva 17-0h prog -43 (ref 22-100)
    Saliva SIgA0 23 (ref 25-60)
    Gliadin Antibodies -14 (borderline 13-15, positive >15)

    Spectracell

    Vit B1- 94 (>78)
    Riboflavin -57 (>53)
    Niacinamide - 77 (>80)DEFICENT
    b6-16 (>14)
    B12-16 (>14)
    Folate -37 (>32)
    Pantothenate -12 (>7)
    Biotin - 40 (<34)

    Serine 49 (>30)
    Glutamine - 37 (>41)
    Asparagine - 56 (>39)

    Choline metabolites -22 (>20)
    Inositol Metabolites -70 (>58)
    Carnitine Metabolites - 60 (>46)

    Oleic ACid -71 (>65)

    Vitamin D - 92 (>83) **** vit dh oh 25 was low in a more recent test
    Vit A -76 (>70)

    Calcium -46 (>38)
    zinc - 36 (>37) DEFICIENT
    Copper 50 (>42)
    Mag 44 (>37)

    Antioxidants
    Glutathione 54 (>42)
    Cystein 54 (>41)
    CoQ10 93 (>86)
    Selenium 77 (>74)
    A-Tocopherol 91 (>84)
    ALA- 89 (>81)
    Vit C - 56 (>40)

    Total Antioxidant function- 63 (>65) DEFICIENT



    Thyroid-
    (TSH has been steadily rising over many years and was high in range before I started treatment, RT3 was also high... everything else was OK but my body temp was 96-97 ish... doing better on T3)

    Urine Neurotransmitter metabolites:
    Total Catecholamines - 24 (26-121)

    All the individual neurotransmitters and suprisingly dopamine where either low normal or mid of the range.

    Now granted these labs are 2 years old when I was 19 but maybe they could atleast point me in the right direction and I am probably worse now... Had to drop out of school due too fatigue , amotivation, cognitive issues and brain fog...

    I would really appreciate any help!


    I am getting a myers ****tail, and glutathione IV push today... hopefully that will help!

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by taidan View Post
    I have been diagnosed with ADD- Innatentive.... Which means I am slow, lethargic, I have always been shy, unable to concentrate, anhedonic etc. Also have adrenal and thyroid issues, hard gainer and skinny fat, brain fog, and slow processing speed. Also My mind seems understimulating in some ways.... but in other ways it is over (excess glutamate?) such as always in my head with thoughts bouncing around pinging and creating constant internal dialog.

    Just some general numbers from my labs which please keep in mind are two years old:

    CBC
    White count- 4.6 (ref 3.8-10.8)
    Red count - 5.78 (ref 4.2-5.8)

    MPV- 7.4 (7.5-11.5)
    Glucose - 93 (dont remember if I Fasted for this CBC)

    Hormones
    Progesterone - 0.5 (<1.4)ref
    Pregnenenolone <5 (13-208)
    Total T- 543
    Free T% -1.8 (1.5-2.2)
    Free T Total - 97.7 (35-155)
    Saliva Cortisol Burden - 80 (ref 23-42)
    Saliva DHEA - 15 (ref 3-10)

    Saliva 17-0h prog -43 (ref 22-100)
    Saliva SIgA0 23 (ref 25-60)
    Gliadin Antibodies -14 (borderline 13-15, positive >15)

    Spectracell

    Vit B1- 94 (>78)
    Riboflavin -57 (>53)
    Niacinamide - 77 (>80)DEFICENT
    b6-16 (>14)
    B12-16 (>14)
    Folate -37 (>32)
    Pantothenate -12 (>7)
    Biotin - 40 (<34)

    Serine 49 (>30)
    Glutamine - 37 (>41)
    Asparagine - 56 (>39)

    Choline metabolites -22 (>20)
    Inositol Metabolites -70 (>58)
    Carnitine Metabolites - 60 (>46)

    Oleic ACid -71 (>65)

    Vitamin D - 92 (>83) **** vit dh oh 25 was low in a more recent test
    Vit A -76 (>70)

    Calcium -46 (>38)
    zinc - 36 (>37) DEFICIENT
    Copper 50 (>42)
    Mag 44 (>37)

    Antioxidants
    Glutathione 54 (>42)
    Cystein 54 (>41)
    CoQ10 93 (>86)
    Selenium 77 (>74)
    A-Tocopherol 91 (>84)
    ALA- 89 (>81)
    Vit C - 56 (>40)

    Total Antioxidant function- 63 (>65) DEFICIENT



    Thyroid-
    (TSH has been steadily rising over many years and was high in range before I started treatment, RT3 was also high... everything else was OK but my body temp was 96-97 ish... doing better on T3)

    Urine Neurotransmitter metabolites:
    Total Catecholamines - 24 (26-121)

    All the individual neurotransmitters and suprisingly dopamine where either low normal or mid of the range.

    Now granted these labs are 2 years old when I was 19 but maybe they could atleast point me in the right direction and I am probably worse now... Had to drop out of school due too fatigue , amotivation, cognitive issues and brain fog...

    I would really appreciate any help!


    I am getting a myers ****tail, and glutathione IV push today... hopefully that will help!
    One word
    GLuten sensitivity
    CUT ALL GLUTEN !!
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    The Matrix... Thanks a ton!!... I suspected but never stuck to a diet for it because... well just because!.

    Will everything work itself out on its own then? Is there any vitamins /minerals I could take to help speed it along? What about DHEA and Preg for the adrenal fatiuge? or atleast is there anything supps I should stay away from?

    Sorry for all the questions but along with thousands of dollars of doctors apts. This has been hellish for me and my family especially ....I really really appreciate your help.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by taidan View Post
    The Matrix... Thanks a ton!!... I suspected but never stuck to a diet for it because... well just because!.

    Will everything work itself out on its own then? Is there any vitamins /minerals I could take to help speed it along? What about DHEA and Preg for the adrenal fatiuge? or atleast is there anything supps I should stay away from?

    Sorry for all the questions but along with thousands of dollars of doctors apts. This has been hellish for me and my family especially ....I really really appreciate your help.
    If you would have came to me first I could have saved you a few grand easily. Methylation when it gets balanced will help to repair the gut lining as it is needed to make glutathione. With out knowing the pathways are altered it will be too much of a challenge to know what things to recommend. I had a patient that had milk, gluten, and other food sensiitivies. Once cleared his testosterone levels went back to normal range and he was even on TRT for few months. Now last in office he told me his libido is some times uncontrollable. I asked him "what are you complaning about LOL" He just laughed. If you wish to PM me I could probably put the finishing touches on this night mare..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    270713
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    21.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I don't want to start suggesting the addition of new drugs, etc, but if you are looking for something to lower glutamate and boost D2, look into Memantine. Worth researching.
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I don't want to start suggesting the addition of new drugs, etc, but if you are looking for something to lower glutamate and boost D2, look into Memantine. Worth researching.
    Methyl b-12 goes the same thing as it is used in glutamate toxicity.
    P5P will also cause glutamine to be converted to gaba
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    Hmm forgot I have to have seven posts to send a PM so It was a nogo for now.

    Anyway.... I have some mematine that I used during some vyvanse trials...but I have already screwed with my NMDA system enough I don't really want to touch it with drugs.

    But for sure NMDA Antagonists like taurine and mag help my anxiety.
  8. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    Matrix- Your Pm inbox is full.
  9. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7015
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Dude the OP posted exactly how I feel all the time... How hard is it to cut gluten? I mean...To have my mind back, I would poop myself if I can do it without ADD medication.
  10. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    Zero V- Just took some GABA and Taurine... ahhh helps so much. I was soo anxious scouring the net for info earlier... I feel much more relaxed now... I would try it If I Were you to help the some of the stress.

    Start with .5g of GABA and titrate up... if you go to high you can get tingly and have some trouble breathing... Taurine I would say the same.
  11. New Member
    diesiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    80
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    11.64%

    I have similar symptoms, have you always been like this? because i think for me it was a sharp decline rather than something that i had my whole life.

    Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?
  12. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    I do have trouble waking up.... and I Think it has gotten worse but I have always had some symptoms.
  13. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    270713
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    21.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Methyl b-12 goes the same thing as it is used in glutamate toxicity.
    P5P will also cause glutamine to be converted to gaba

    Good to know, I'm taking all 3 myself right now, as well as methyl-folate. Not too much methyl-b12 though, just once in a while.

    Having a decent experience with the memantine @10mg, been using more or less for a small cognitive boost though and to fight off some slight ocd-ish tendencies. Also should mention, adding 5mg deprenyl a week.

    Now's P5P - 66mg daily w/magnesium + b2 cofactors (enteric coated)
    Methyl-folate - 800mcg daily
    Methyl-b-12 occasionally
    Memantine 10mg daily
    Deprenyl 5mg weekly (2 doses of 2.5mg spread out)

    This is my fairly conservative pro-dopamine / cognitive stack atm.
  14. New Member
    any's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    54
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%

    wonderful post from an expert and it will be a fantastic knowledge to us and thank you very much for sharing this valuable information with us.
  15. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    270713
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    21.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by taidan View Post
    I do have trouble waking up.... and I Think it has gotten worse but I have always had some symptoms.
    Stay away from stimulants. I saw you were trying out vyvanse before. Probably not a good idea with the issues you're having.
  16. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    270713
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    21.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by any View Post
    wonderful post from an expert and it will be a fantastic knowledge to us and thank you very much for sharing this valuable information with us.
    I hope this wasn't posted towards me, I am no expert. Matrix is definitely the expert here.

    Also, what works for one person doesn't always work for another, so when people post their own protocols, take it with a grain of salt. Dosing and combinations of certain supplements/drugs don't effect everyone equally.
  17. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    So i have been super confused because I have all the symptoms of over methylating, but i also have low zinc and I also have symptoms of very low NTs except glutamate. I don't see how the undermethylator with its low NTs are hyperactive, driven and have a high sex drive and the over with its high NTs are not.... it seems it would be the opposite.

    I am going to give SAMe a shot.

    Also getting my histamine and other levels tested.
  18. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by taidan View Post
    So i have been super confused because I have all the symptoms of over methylating, but i also have low zinc and I also have symptoms of very low NTs except glutamate. I don't see how the undermethylator with its low NTs are hyperactive, driven and have a high sex drive and the over with its high NTs are not.... it seems it would be the opposite.

    I am going to give SAMe a shot.

    Also getting my histamine and other levels tested.
    In athletes that are having these symptoms I recommend sam-e 200 mgs a day for 3 days and then monitor how they feel. If they feel better then increase to 400 mgs a day split 2 times a day. Most people that have gerd have low gluthione levels and high oxidative stress levels respond well to sam-e. Again every one is bioindividual and needs to see what works for their body. This is why since i have been through all this I know all the pitfalls and short cuts to get back to balance alot faster then traditional medicine knows. It all come from understanding TCM and also natural medicine, as well as nutritional intervention. This is why it needs to be done in stages and under proper supervision.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  19. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    The Matrix-

    I tried Sam-e.... and It did not do anything the first day and I think I got a bad headache from it.

    The second day I thought I was overmethylated because I responded poorly the the Sam-e so I took some Alpha GPC for the Ach issues overmethylators have and I think I improved in cognition but not in motivation.... So I took Sam-e Again that day. I got a really bad headache like my BP was high but it wasn't ... I just didn't feel good. I was also on taurine, P5P, mag and zinc... Could it have been that the Alpha GPC and the Sam-e was a bad combo? excitoxicity ? or does it sound like I just responded badly to the Sam-e?

    The headache lasted into today maybe exacerbated because I missed my usual taurine dose since it was my first day of class.

    I have been spacey and shy my entire life not sure if that helps.

    Also I was recently dx with bpII... but we all know that is quackery and not based on hard assays... Simply symtpoms that are somewhere in a fuzzy spectrum and in the domain of many underlying issues...
  20. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,538
    Rep Power
    558949
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    TMG powder is cheap and tasteless. Makes it easy to add to anything. Is it useless here?
  21. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by taidan View Post
    The Matrix-

    I tried Sam-e.... and It did not do anything the first day and I think I got a bad headache from it.

    The second day I thought I was overmethylated because I responded poorly the the Sam-e so I took some Alpha GPC for the Ach issues overmethylators have and I think I improved in cognition but not in motivation.... So I took Sam-e Again that day. I got a really bad headache like my BP was high but it wasn't ... I just didn't feel good. I was also on taurine, P5P, mag and zinc... Could it have been that the Alpha GPC and the Sam-e was a bad combo? excitoxicity ? or does it sound like I just responded badly to the Sam-e?

    The headache lasted into today maybe exacerbated because I missed my usual taurine dose since it was my first day of class.

    I have been spacey and shy my entire life not sure if that helps.

    Also I was recently dx with bpII... but we all know that is quackery and not based on hard assays... Simply symtpoms that are somewhere in a fuzzy spectrum and in the domain of many underlying issues...
    I have had people that would flip flop going from one extreme to the next as I was one of them. Once I got started rebalancing my body through starting at the gut, liver, hormones, lifestyle changes, and learning how to deal with stress my moods are no more even keel then ever before if my life. If I get into a stressful situation I just take a deep breath take a step back look at all parameters. If need be I have a counsel that I consult with my girl, professor, and a good freind of mine who opinoins I value. If the majority rules then I have my answer. I have always look to expereinced people to help guide me through. Alot of depression and mental disorders can be prevented or symptoms dramatically reduced by looking at the total person as I do from cellular levels, mutations, and hidden stressors, as well as you as individual past present and even future.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  22. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    270713
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    21.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    TMG powder is cheap and tasteless. Makes it easy to add to anything. Is it useless here?
    edit: Yes for sure it is useful, works similarly to sam-e as a methyl donor.

    Methyl-folate as well
  23. New Member
    taidan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

    Ok, my dull achy ... toxic feeling headache has come on and off for 2 days since I stopped the Sam-e... and the Alpha GPC... I still have it right in the middle of my head and I seriously feel retarded.. my mental functioning is worse than normal even though physically I am not too tired.

    I don't know what is going on... did I cause some sort of excitoxicity???
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Methylation and toxicity...
    By tmachovec in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
  2. Methylation but not toxic
    By Whacked in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
  3. Methylation of estrogen and homocysteine
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 07:56 PM
  4. Any possible benefit of weaker methylation
    By CDB in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 09:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in