HCG question/advice

codered5

Awards
So I have been put on HCG as part of an HPTA restart attempt....doing 400 iU every three days for a month, I have been on it for about 10 days or so. At first, I could tell it was working, there was a gentle discomfort in my testicles and I just felt like I could feel the stuff spreading in my body...from days 4-7, my libido and erections came back...I was having rock hard erections and a pretty good sex drive like I did when I was 18. Also felt a calmer mind and more confidence overall. However, on day 8, its like it went away at the snap of the fingers. I feel lethargic, tired and I don't feel like I could get a full erection even if jessica alba was giving me a naked lap dance....

Does this just mean that my estradiol has shot up too high? Is it possible that it is still working, but it has just created the estrogen problem?

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
HCG is one of the most important substances used in post-cycle-therapy. It stimulates the body to make natural testosterone, which is suspended during cycles of anabolic steroid use. As medicine, HCG is used to treat hypogodadism and as a fertility treatment in men. In a steroid cycle, it is important to not use too much HCG as it will cause the testes to shut down via negative feedback.

who said 400 iu e3d imo that might be a bit high

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
idk maybe that is not so high that brakes down to 130 ui a day
i have use 150 and know ppl that run 200 a day (not daily injection that what it brakes down to)
maybe some else will be more help sorry

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So I have been put on HCG as part of an HPTA restart attempt....doing 400 iU every three days for a month, I have been on it for about 10 days or so. At first, I could tell it was working, there was a gentle discomfort in my testicles and I just felt like I could feel the stuff spreading in my body...from days 4-7, my libido and erections came back...I was having rock hard erections and a pretty good sex drive like I did when I was 18. Also felt a calmer mind and more confidence overall. However, on day 8, its like it went away at the snap of the fingers. I feel lethargic, tired and I don't feel like I could get a full erection even if jessica alba was giving me a naked lap dance....

Does this just mean that my estradiol has shot up too high? Is it possible that it is still working, but it has just created the estrogen problem?

your estrogen creeps up on your after about week on hcg.
400 every 3 rd day is too much for some people depending on other variables involved which I throughly investigate. I would reduce to ti 200 EOD and you be getter lower e2 and good rise in test. Now also do not be jumping on adex right away because you may be stimulating estrogen receptors which have been low for a while and making e2 issues more apparent but you may have normal levels due to the increase in testosteorne not e2. I have seen this happen in many patients and I tell them to ride it out for 4 weeks when we retest and alot of times it goes away.

codered5

Awards
I wish I knew more about all this so I could respond accordingly....but my e2 levels were already 40 (10-51 scale) so a little bit high before I started this regimen....

Also, my HPTA did not shut down from anabolic steroids, but it did shut down when I was around 20 (only 24 now)...I believe it shut down from extreme stress and panic attacks/insomnia that I had from taking some other stuff that wasn't supposed to be prohormonal.

My urologist put me on this regimen...we are supposed to check blood levels after 3 weeks of use and then adjust accordingly...after I run out I think I am going off of it and then trying clomid. Like I said, I am only 24 so he thinks i have a good shot of getting going again, I was absolutely fine until a couple of years ago.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Matrix I have seen many of your posts on this board and I am very grateful that you chimed in, you seem to know a lot about this.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i would take what your dr. said over enything else. i think you situation is different then what most on this site would use hcg for. most use it on cycle to limit shut dowm before it happens. some have used it in a pct to restart i have not. if your having problem call your dr.tell him whats going on.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i would take what your dr. said over enything else. i think you situation is different then what most on this site would use hcg for. most use it on cycle to limit shut dowm before it happens. some have used it in a pct to restart i have not. if your having problem call your dr.tell him whats going on.
the proper way is to start at 250 ius a day every day for 3 weeks retest then increase to 300 ius every day then retest after another 2 weeks. The proper way should have been to run the 7 day clomid challenge to see if you would even respond. I be looking at reason why e2 is high by examing you diet, supplements, nutritoinal imbalnace, body fat, stress, ect, ect. your urologist is on track but still I woiuld be looking at other factors such as adrenals, thyroid and vitamin D imbalances. Some time getting vitamin D levels up to 80%-90% of range can kick HPTA in to gear. i have seen this happen with many people. I just would have handle this completely different with a greater chance of success then most other Dr's. I had a guy that had a food allergie and was on TRT for 4 months and I was able to identify the cause and then restart him after repairing the intestinal wall. Hes now off TRT and endos are baffled to how this is possible.

codered5

Awards
Yeah I agree, but as I have understood, there is really no reason to run hCG AFTER clomid....and I think we are just making sure that the testicles are fully functioning in case I did take something prohormonal without realizing it. So I believe I will see if I respond to clomid after the hCG. I got lucky though, I did find a very cool, open and understanding urologist to help me (as you can probably tell by the fact that he prescribed my hCG, which a lot of urologists won't do).

Matrix, I would love to keep you updated...where are you located and do you do anything over the phone ever?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate it when someone says they have lethargy or are feeling tired and assume they are having testosterone problems because of it. Size of your testicles is a better indicator of test problems than "how you are feeling" ... and I don't feel like having sex 24/7 lol doesn't mean there is something wrong with me. Don't think a loss of libido in a single day means anything like hCG stopped working and such. The best indicator that it stopped working is test atrophy. If they are full, it's most likely doing its thing.

Some people take 500 iu a week on cycle to keep nuts working. Some people take 150 iu ED for a month for fat loss that's about 1000 iu every week.

Although your 400 iu E3D seems like a lot... it's not too bad. Stick with what the doctor says and don't over think things. You will feel like sh*t at times, you will not want to have sex 24/7, and you will feel tired a lot... that's life bro.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) How long would he run this HCG for?
2) Wouldnt be a good idea ot include an A-I to offset the E increases he will get from HCG?
3) I thought HCG is damaging/counterproductrive after a little while?

***4) You mention Clomid. Ideally, HOW SHOULD HE have begun??? Using THIS first??

Thanks Matrix. I'm in a similar situation so I look fwd to your input.

the proper way is to start at 250 ius a day every day for 3 weeks retest then increase to 300 ius every day then retest after another 2 weeks. The proper way should have been to run the 7 day clomid challenge to see if you would even respond. I be looking at reason why e2 is high by examing you diet, supplements, nutritoinal imbalnace, body fat, stress, ect, ect. your urologist is on track but still I woiuld be looking at other factors such as adrenals, thyroid and vitamin D imbalances. Some time getting vitamin D levels up to 80%-90% of range can kick HPTA in to gear. i have seen this happen with many people. I just would have handle this completely different with a greater chance of success then most other Dr's. I had a guy that had a food allergie and was on TRT for 4 months and I was able to identify the cause and then restart him after repairing the intestinal wall. Hes now off TRT and endos are baffled to how this is possible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
klbsa Post Cycle Therapy 4
35 and Older 3
MadStax Anabolics 11
Anabolics 0
Post Cycle Therapy 30