Low vit d

1. Registered User
    Answers

Low vit d

My last labs showed vit d 25oh at 23 (30-100). I started taking vit d 5000iu/day. Is this a good starting point or should I start off taking more? Thanks!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Answers

My vit D level is 25.8 (32-100). Doctor wants me to do 50,000iu for 3 days. Then go to 10,000ui daily. Im doing liquid drops (@2000iu/drop) for for the first 3 days 13 drops morning and 12 around dinner. Then 3 in morning and 2 afternoon
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw41 View Post
    My vit D level is 25.8 (32-100). Doctor wants me to do 50,000iu for 3 days. Then go to 10,000ui daily. Im doing liquid drops (@2000iu/drop) for for the first 3 days 13 drops morning and 12 around dinner. Then 3 in morning and 2 afternoon
    Make sure you have 500-1000 mgs of calcium citrate and 400-600 mgs of elemental magnesium as well not oxide form to help assimulate it.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

I would say start tanning 30-40 minutes a day under the sun. That should solve your problem.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    I would say start tanning 30-40 minutes a day under the sun. That should solve your problem.
    sorry but in majority of people that does not increase vitamin D that have hormone issues. I have had patients that spent 5-6 hours in the sun a day down the shore no sun block and still tested <20. Plus most people have to much sunblock to do any good in the first place.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    sorry but in majority of people that does not increase vitamin D that have hormone issues. I have had patients that spent 5-6 hours in the sun a day down the shore no sun block and still tested <20. Plus most people have to much sunblock to do any good in the first place.
    It doesn't hurt to try though. It is the sun, it is free.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    It doesn't hurt to try though. It is the sun, it is free.
    i agree but if a person works during week then they are inside all the time.
    2 days out in the sun will not do crap for vitamin D levels. But with hcg is vitamin D levels are then you will not get a good response. Once vitamin D levels are up to top 90% then people on hcg have to reduce dosage by 50% or more..
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Wow! That's a lot. My doc didn't say anything about it. I saw it on the lab report and called and asked the nurse. She told me to take 1000iu daily. Since it is really hard to OD on the stuff I think I will try what your doc told you to do and see how I feel. Thanks!

Matrix: can you explain more about vit d and those taking test and hcg. I didn't understand what you were saying.

Believe it or not I actually work outside and still have low vit d levels. Although I avoid direct sunlight like the plague!
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 3djedi View Post
    Wow! That's a lot. My doc didn't say anything about it. I saw it on the lab report and called and asked the nurse. She told me to take 1000iu daily. Since it is really hard to OD on the stuff I think I will try what your doc told you to do and see how I feel. Thanks!

Matrix: can you explain more about vit d and those taking test and hcg. I didn't understand what you were saying.

Believe it or not I actually work outside and still have low vit d levels. Although I avoid direct sunlight like the plague!
    I have corrected many guys testosterone, thyroid and adrenal hormones when optimal vitamin D levels are reached. So again this issue goes much deeper which is mainly thyroid or adrenal related. I have a hypothesis why this happens but I am not going to post it because some asshle would steal it and take credit for it like they have before. Vitamin D will help body to respond the LH much stronger when proper levels are reached. I am the one working with over seeing southpaw protocol as well. So again my point was made about sunlight and inability to convert it once again. I have over 5 years of clincal experience in the field of HRT and orthomolecular medicineto back up the information provided as other people have verifed
  10. Registered User
    Answers

i tested 370-380 on testosterone and low on vitamin d, after 6-8 weeks of vitamin d i came up to 570!

then dropped it vitamin d, and went back on hc/dhea only, and test again was 370-380

i added in vitamin d again and test came back 500+ (not as high as last time) but it was great

too bad my test drove my e2 too high, but arimidex dropped e2 to 24 (instead of 48) and i got back testosterone of around 700!!! too bad the arimidex made me feel like ****

dim was way better for libido/wood, i need to try myomin if my TRT adventure doesn't work or higher dose zinc

anyways try vitamin d from bio d mulsion forte 5 drops a day! it will help!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cumkwakka View Post
    i tested 370-380 on testosterone and low on vitamin d, after 6-8 weeks of vitamin d i came up to 570!

then dropped it vitamin d, and went back on hc/dhea only, and test again was 370-380

i added in vitamin d again and test came back 500+ (not as high as last time) but it was great

too bad my test drove my e2 too high, but arimidex dropped e2 to 24 (instead of 48) and i got back testosterone of around 700!!! too bad the arimidex made me feel like ****

dim was way better for libido/wood, i need to try myomin if my TRT adventure doesn't work or higher dose zinc

anyways try vitamin d from bio d mulsion forte 5 drops a day! it will help!
    wow that's impressive I hope to see an increase like that! just started 10,000iu's daily of liquid bio-d-mulsion forte
  12. Registered User
    Answers

wow that's impressive I hope to see an increase like that! just started 10,000iu's daily of liquid bio-d-mulsion forte
    Yes I was the one that started bringing this to the for front in the past 6 months to a year. It was just never understood why this occured and dr's want to have you take 2,000 ius a day no wonder every one is not getting better. Optimal goal is 75-90 on all patients and clients.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Matrix my vitamin D was at 25 a few months ago, then my doctor prescribed me 50,000 IU a week I took it for almost two months re-tested and my levels shot up to 50 but when I would take 50,000IU in one shot my stomach would feel like crap so i stopped for 3 months re-tested and my levels were back down to 25. I decided to go and pick up Solgar 5,000 IU and i have been taking that every day now for 14 days. I am going to continue for 2 months and re-test to see if my levels go up. I am more like you, I like the less is more aspect of things, I did not like 50,000 IU in one pill it made me very uncomfortable.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mavven View Post
    Matrix my vitamin D was at 25 a few months ago, then my doctor prescribed me 50,000 IU a week I took it for almost two months re-tested and my levels shot up to 50 but when I would take 50,000IU in one shot my stomach would feel like crap so i stopped for 3 months re-tested and my levels were back down to 25. I decided to go and pick up Solgar 5,000 IU and i have been taking that every day now for 14 days. I am going to continue for 2 months and re-test to see if my levels go up. I am more like you, I like the less is more aspect of things, I did not like 50,000 IU in one pill it made me very uncomfortable.
    Due to people that have malabsorption issues due to other glandular problems I recommend biotics research emulsion forte (2000 ius per drop). Its already broken down so body does not have to do the work.
  •