Hypothyroidism & Testosterone

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.8%

Hypothyroidism & Testosterone

I have recently been diagnosed as being hypothyroid. Sadly, I also have very low free T.

Does anyone know if resolving the problems with the thyroid will improve my testosterone levels? Or is it the other way around?

I will soon be meeting with my doctor to discuss treatment options. I would prefer not to be in on mulitple medications if possible. I'm hoping fixing one could correct the other. Does anyone know anything about this?

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by hypotiredRI View Post
    I have recently been diagnosed as being hypothyroid. Sadly, I also have very low free T.

Does anyone know if resolving the problems with the thyroid will improve my testosterone levels? Or is it the other way around?

I will soon be meeting with my doctor to discuss treatment options. I would prefer not to be in on mulitple medications if possible. I'm hoping fixing one could correct the other. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Yes I have dealt with many cases like this one in an of it self. Treating the thyroid can sometimes increase testoserone as long as the stressor can also be identified to what caused it. There are alot of factors that go into cases such as yours and mostl likely you will not recieve proper care resulting in spending countless months or even years feeling like crap. Been there done that before and it sucks. There could be other triggers that are causing your issues. In many patients I have identifed these triggers that act like a switch that for some can kick the testosterone thyroid and adrenals in to functioning again. I would have to look at the complexity of the case as well as a complete medical background. If you do not get proper help in the first place by time people end up coming to see us they are 6 months to year behind due to previous dr screwing them up.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.8%

Thanks Matrix,

I may come see you guys still. I haven't even had a chance to speak with the doctor who administered my "TRH" stimulation test yet. Now I'm wondering if I even interpreted the test results right. I had spoke to a doctor I seen in the past today and he said, "If the TSH level comes back high on a TRH test result, that indicates you don't have a problem producing TSH and therefore no thyroid problem. Now I don't know what to think.
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.67%

I supply all kinds of steroid bulk like testosterone series,naandrolone series,boldelone series,winstrol.Anavar and so on ,if you need ,pls contact me
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

No Easy Task

Quote Originally Posted by hypotiredRI View Post

Sorry for not providing an easy solution for you. I just wanted to say that I have seen no competent or rather caring doctor who would initiate a research and analysis of your tests and dig deeper. It is always no reply to blood test results until you call just to hear "Normal." No comprehensive blood test transcripts or doctor's suggestion to do TSH, T3, T4, etc., only cholesterol and a few more, at best. I do not need his/her telling me what cholesterol numbers are OK or not OK; every fool knows the numbers, but dig and search,.. no way.
    Instead of them telling me whzat I need, I always tell my doctors (who are no different than others) what tests I need; otherwise, it will be mostly only cholesterol and "Normal."
    I am a life-long athlete who had never had any weight or other health problems, but my testosterone level was rapidly dropping, and I knew it w/o any tests, but I didn't know about it until I started thinking and reading and guessed that the problem was my Test. level. Sure enouhh, I tested and got Test. = 300 last year - got my explanation. I first time asked for TSH this year and got TSH = 5.7.
    My total cholesterol is always apx. 170-180, but my LDL = 100 for several years, and I couldn't figure out why a muscular athlete like me (who works out like crazy) would have this borderline LDL (other than bad genetics). Now I suspect my thyroid, although maybe not quit hypothyroidism but maybe mild case or onset of it. All factors point to it: borderline LDL, low testosterone, and even glucose level (this time = 100 - no big deal, and not so high at all; it could be some sweets the night before, etc., but still up from last = 80).
    The worst in all this for me is the biggest task of all: where to find a good and thoughful doctor?! They are all, "Hi, how are you? Good? OK, see you next time."
    Sorry for my negative and unsolicited reply/feedback. I just wanted to share that you are not alone.
    Thanks and good luck. I guess, we have to read, research, and keep thinking and trying, 'cas nobody seems to care enough and/or be able to fix our problem but ourselves. Cheers!
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by olegbolotov View Post
    Sorry for not providing an easy solution for you. I just wanted to say that I have seen no competent or rather caring doctor who would initiate a research and analysis of your tests and dig deeper. It is always no reply to blood test results until you call just to hear "Normal." No comprehensive blood test transcripts or doctor's suggestion to do TSH, T3, T4, etc., only cholesterol and a few more, at best. I do not need his/her telling me what cholesterol numbers are OK or not OK; every fool knows the numbers, but dig and search,.. no way.
    Instead of them telling me whzat I need, I always tell my doctors (who are no different than others) what tests I need; otherwise, it will be mostly only cholesterol and "Normal."
    I am a life-long athlete who had never had any weight or other health problems, but my testosterone level was rapidly dropping, and I knew it w/o any tests, but I didn't know about it until I started thinking and reading and guessed that the problem was my Test. level. Sure enouhh, I tested and got Test. = 300 last year - got my explanation. I first time asked for TSH this year and got TSH = 5.7.
    My total cholesterol is always apx. 170-180, but my LDL = 100 for several years, and I couldn't figure out why a muscular athlete like me (who works out like crazy) would have this borderline LDL (other than bad genetics). Now I suspect my thyroid, although maybe not quit hypothyroidism but maybe mild case or onset of it. All factors point to it: borderline LDL, low testosterone, and even glucose level (this time = 100 - no big deal, and not so high at all; it could be some sweets the night before, etc., but still up from last = 80).
    The worst in all this for me is the biggest task of all: where to find a good and thoughful doctor?! They are all, "Hi, how are you? Good? OK, see you next time."
    Sorry for my negative and unsolicited reply/feedback. I just wanted to share that you are not alone.
    Thanks and good luck. I guess, we have to read, research, and keep thinking and trying, 'cas nobody seems to care enough and/or be able to fix our problem but ourselves. Cheers!
    Reason I got into this field was because I was also a victim of the system. I have been through the gammit in just about every imbalance there could be. I was almost left dead due to the lack of education at the time with traditional medicine dr's. I know more mentally stable, and well grounded then ever before in my life. It took me several years of pain stacking research and self experiementation to get me where I am today. I know educating open minded drs in different areas which go out side the scope of traditional medicine.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hypothyroidism, Low Testosterone
    By pmgamer18 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 04:55 PM
  2. Clen And Hypothyroidism
    By nobel252 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 09:17 AM
  3. T3 when already on T4 for hypothyroidism
    By VirginiaMan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7