DOCS IN CALIFORNIA: ULLIS or MARIANO?

mcs5309

Awards
I am 50, have some hypothyroid/adrenal issues, & wish to address my wellness & fitness goals as well as need oversight on my diet and supplement regime as it relates to all these. I want to get in the best shape of my life. I feel this largely untreated thyroid has been really what's been holding me back for decades.

I'm seeking help from an expert doc on the west coast and know many of you have opinions and experience with some of these docs such as Mariano.

In addition to Mariano, I am also considering Karlis Ullis, M. D. since he's an anti-aging and BHRT doc as well as am expert in sports medicine, however, I have yet to get a read from any patients of Ullis.

I have read a ton of posts here and elsewhere on Mariano, all of them positive, however, the only thing is that he doesn't use some of the newer HGH secretagogue alternatives that Ullis has much experience with.

This is a tough one.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!

akiravp82

Awards
I have been treated by both and can tell you that both are excellent doctors, BUT mariano has alot more to offer, if you know for sure your having thyroid/adrenal issues dr.mariano is definitely the better doc, the only thing dr.ullis has on mariano is hes more up to date on HGH protocols like you mentioned, thats it, and also dr.ullis doesnt really know how to treat thyroid issues i would say, when i whent to Dr.ullis he said my thyroid was fine, mariano disagreed , i knew something was fishy when he only tested for TSH, when a doc only tests for TSH most likely he doesnt know how to treat thyroid problems to well, but that being said dr.ullis still has alot to offer and hes still better than any endo out there , he knows how to prescribe HCG , arimidex, distinguish between primary and secondary, all that stuff , and feels that one should have a TT over 700 ng/dl to feel good, so in conclusion if you dont have to much money go to dr.ullis hes still better than most docs out there, but if money is not an issue dr.mariano is your best bet.

mcs5309

Awards
I have been treated by both and can tell you that both are excellent doctors, BUT mariano has alot more to offer, if you know for sure your having thyroid/adrenal issues dr.mariano is definitely the better doc, the only thing dr.ullis has on mariano is hes more up to date on HGH protocols like you mentioned, thats it, and also dr.ullis doesnt really know how to treat thyroid issues i would say, when i whent to Dr.ullis he said my thyroid was fine, mariano disagreed , i knew something was fishy when he only tested for TSH, when a doc only tests for TSH most likely he doesnt know how to treat thyroid problems to well, but that being said dr.ullis still has alot to offer and hes still better than any endo out there , he knows how to prescribe HCG , arimidex, distinguish between primary and secondary, all that stuff , and feels that one should have a TT over 700 ng/dl to feel good, so in conclusion if you dont have to much money go to dr.ullis hes still better than most docs out there, but if money is not an issue dr.mariano is your best bet.
Question: how long ago did you see both docs and do you still keep in touch with Dr. M?

I'm surprised that Ullis is the more expensive of the two since he's known internationally and has been a sports doc for the Olympics, etc.

Thanks a bunch for this "insider" info. This confirms my doubts and is what I suspected - each have their strengths in one area of expertise and neither in both. I guess my hope in finding a one-size-fits-all doc ain't gonna happen no matter who.

One other thing on Dr. M was that from all that I researched, when it comes to treating hypothyroidism - he uses Synthroid - and I've read his arguments as to why he feels so - as all the other thyroid docs are vehemently opposed to any synthetic T4. Also, it seemed he didn't feel elevated RT3 needed to be treated. Those were the only "glitches" I could find on Dr. M, otherwise, EVERYONE that's been a patient says he's nothing short of brilliant. Can he help also me with fitness goals (increase lean mass/decrease bf) and diet issues?

Since you've already been down this path, do you suggest that I will have to split up the workload between Dr. M for the thyroid/adrenal issues - and Ullis or someone else for the HGH alternatives, etc.?

BTW, I called Dr. M's office not too long ago and asked if he works with the HGH, etc. stuff & was told to go see Crisler in MI. Out of the question right now because of distance.

One other question: I have one other choice in docs: a doc in Holtorf's N. California clinic (Dr. Camilleri) that I also heard was good.

I'm curious if you or anyone knows more on this doc as well.

RR7764

Awards
I am in a very similar search for Dr and support here in CA. Wondering how this went for you?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Mariano used to be good, but I have not heard anything from people any more since a few years ago. Have not had time to cruise the boards to busy with my own practice

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
PM me and I will share my experiences. I have another practitioner in mind who may be equally close to you. I will not critique doctors on a public forum.