TRT Question

cattlegrade

cattlegrade

Awards
I'm 27 y/o and just started HRT with Testosterone Cypionate shots (50 mg twice weekly) do i need nolvadex as well? my doc didn't prescribe it. Thanks.. oh and if you have something negative to say then piss off & don't bother... pz

weierstrass

Awards
I'm 27 y/o and just started HRT with Testosterone Cypionate shots (50 mg twice weekly) do i need nolvadex as well? my doc didn't prescribe it. Thanks.. oh and if you have something negative to say then piss off & don't bother... pz
The only other two drugs that you should consider using are arimidex or hcg. Only use arimidex if your E2 becomes a problem. Use HCG if you want to prevent testicular atrophy or reverse it if already present. I would go ahead and start using HCG now before your testes are damaged. 250IU the day before each shot should suffice.

Stay away from nolvadex and clomid. Long term side effects are not known and keeping track of estrogen is near impossible when using SERMs.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Why did you start HRT. Were you on cycle before?

cattlegrade

cattlegrade

Awards
is E2 free (unbound) estrogen? what dose would you recommend for arimidex if i was to use it for preventative maintenance, i'm just afraid if i get gyno i won't be able to reverse it without a plastic surgeon which i can't afford. i think i stated the dose on T i'm on earlier but it's Test Cyp. (IM), 50mg mondays & thursdays (2x week)... thanks

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
if your worried about E , youi could always go for more "natural " supplements such as DIM , indole-3-carbinol, or calcium d glucarate. All these supplements are found in food but being a supplement , its more concentrated.
Avoid alcohol or drugs which prevent the liver from clearing estrogen from the body because its too busy de- toxing the body from these alien substances
you will get a rise in E because as T rises so do E, just the way the body works. If you show no signs of excess estrogen then taking something like arimidex is not necessary -if it aint broke dont fix it-so to speak, however using something like the above you may wish to consider.

if you can get a blood test for E2 , then you have something to work from .I suggest within 24 hours of your injection and just prior to your next, then you will see how it peaks and troughs and if it is within the reference range set by the lab for a man Similarly your test levels can be measured like this too.

tjwoody

Awards
goood info...just starting to go through this whole sorta thing...low test that is.

ProfBush

Awards
You have to cycle HCG.
Uh, no you don't. I've been on low doses (250 IU 2-3 times per week) of HCG for two years without any downregulation.

Do you have any studies in support of your statement?

codered5

Awards
Hey ProfBush, is your hCG insured? I just started on some, but I can't afford it at the current price every couple of months.

ProfBush

Awards
Hey ProfBush, is your hCG insured? I just started on some, but I can't afford it at the current price every couple of months.
My HCG is not covered, they say it is a fertility drug. The price has jumped from ~$50 to ~105. I've been thinking of using an alternative source. The HCG diet boards can probably help you with alternative sources.

My pharmacist has been having trouble getting the Pregnyl brand which, according to the insert, is good for 60 days. I have been using Novarel and just upping the dose a little bit during the second 60 days. I can't see any difference even though the Novarel insert says it is only good for 30 days.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
is E2 free (unbound) estrogen? what dose would you recommend for arimidex if i was to use it for preventative maintenance, i'm just afraid if i get gyno i won't be able to reverse it without a plastic surgeon which i can't afford. i think i stated the dose on T i'm on earlier but it's Test Cyp. (IM), 50mg mondays & thursdays (2x week)... thanks
I think you jumped the gun to soon and your dr did not look into other causes of low testosteorne. I just had 2 guys from virgina come up and they wanted to avoid TRT at all cost and through proper evaluation there test levels are back up to the 500-600 range and feeling better then they have in years. One was 27 and other 28. They have made much improvement in matter of 8 weeks because root of the cause was identified. Dr's treat only symptoms and condemn young guys under age of 30 to TRT when there is no need more it in greater of 75% of the cases. Dr's play fill the tank and cause other huge chain reactions in the system resulting in the patient never getter well.